TBT – Red Rock Relay: Dixie. 08 March 2014.
KC’s sister-in-law (Princess Jamie*) sent me a bunch of photos from the race last weekend!
- Princess Jamie wanted a “couples” photo. I gagged.
- I eventually folded. I can, on occasion, tolerate to be seen with KC.
- Joey (KC’s brother) & Princess Jamie. Our fearless leaders! They are the only ones that brought food (aside from the apples + trail mix I brought for myself) or water. lolwut
- LET’S SIT AROUND IN A CAR ALL DAY FOLLOWING RUNNERS! Yeah. Awesome idea.
- Jaynie (KC’s bestie) & Kim (another friend of KC’s).
- I’m getting my calf muscles back! Also, it makes me really happy that my form is so good here, because this was at the end one of my legs.
- Jaynie had her first baby (who is the best behaved baby I’ve ever met, FYI) three months ago. THREE MONTHS. I want to be like her when I grow up, except without the baby.
- Team photo! Our name was Childs Play. GET IT? It made more sense last year when I was the only non-Childs, I guess. Whatever. Tradition!
While I was running my first leg, Princess Jamie told KC that I am one of her favorite people. My reaction: SWOON. KC’s reaction: “What about me?!” Shhhh, KC. It’s okay. Everyone in your family likes me better. It’s only natural.
I lost my medal. They didn’t have bibs (homegrown sort of relay – they wrote our team number on our calves). Oh! I have a t-shirt. But even if I didn’t, not having normal race swag wouldn’t phase me. So much fun. Genuine smiles all around. Memories and whatnot.
Anyway, I am so sincerely grateful to have such high quality humans (whom I have clearly completely appropriated from KC) in my life.