- Unless you watch a lot of gaming videos on YouTube, you probably haven’t heard of JonTron, the boyish comedy vlogger who’s ignited the internet with an extended display of public racism — but you will soon.
- Jon “JonTron” Jafari is a popular gaming YouTuber —
he boasts 3 million followers — who has been making content since 2010.
- His videos run the gamut of YouTube randomness: He’ll play a bootleg version of Pokémon or produce an animated cover of — wait for it — Katy Perry’s “Firework.”
- More recently, however, JonTron has been getting attention online for a different reason. After Iowa Rep. Steve King received backlash for a xenophobic tweet that essentially called all nonwhite Americans “somebody else’s babies,” JonTron jumped in with a racist tweet of his own to defend him.
- JonTron’s racist tweet was one thing, but his live debate made it so much worse. Read more (3/16/17 4:09 PM)