1. wandering from place to place without any settled home; nomadic.
2. leading an unsettled or carefree life.
3. disreputable; worthless; shiftless.
4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a vagabond.
5. having an uncertain or irregular course or direction.
6. a person, usually without a permanent home, who wanders from place to place; nomad.
7. an idle wanderer without a permanent home or visible means of support; tramp; vagrant.
8. a carefree, worthless, or irresponsible person; rogue.
Etymology: late Middle English vagabound (< Old French vagabond) < Late Latin vagābundus - wandering, vagrant, equivalent to Latin vagā(rī) - to wander.