Hey could you do one where the reader is Stiles ’s older bad ass cousin and Derek Hale is crushing on her and Stiles knows cause he caught them having a moment and tries to give Derek the whole ‘if you ever hurt her I will kill you’ speech and the reader hears and it’s awkward and adorable and fluffy?
Word Count – 801
Characters – Derek x Reader, Stiles x cousin!reader
You had gotten a phone call from you cousin saying that they needed help with the new supernatural problem and you were on the way straight away. You arrived just in time as you came out the shadows. ‘HEY!’ You shout and the creature looks at you. You look behind him to Stiles, Scott, Lydia and a new guy standing behind it. It roared and charged at you. ‘pick on someone your own size.’ You said as you brung out a gun and shot it in the head, and watched as it fell to the ground. You walked up to it and cut off the head to ensure that it was dead. You heard footsteps. ‘You always liked making an entrance.’ Stiles said from beside you. You turned to them and wiped the blood on your shirt. ‘You know it cuz.’ You said with a smile and pulled him in a hug. ‘It’s good to see you.’ You said to him and you turned to Scott. ‘So what’s the alpha been up to?’ You asked him as you gave each other and hug and moved onto Lydia. ‘You know the usual.’ Scott replied and Lydia nodded her head in agreement. ‘Doing okay in biology?’ You asked him and he nodded. ‘Yeah.’ He said. ‘That’s good. You know I’m always a phone call away of you need help.’ You said to him and he nodded. ‘Y/N, this is Derek. He’s just recently came back to Beacon hills.’ Stiles said introducing you to the stranger who was ruggedly handsome. ‘Hi, Y/N nice to meet you.’ You said and he accepted you stretched hand. ‘Derek, nice to meet you too.’ He said back and you smiled. You turned back to Lydia and the boys. ‘You staying for a while or do you have to head back?’ Stiles asked. ‘I can only stay for a couple of days until I need to head back.’ You said to stiles. He smiled widely and lead you away.
It had been six months since you had paid the visit to Beacon Hills and you were excited to get back. It was an overdue break from your work. You arrived and you had contacted Derek, who became a close friend as you wanted to surprise Stiles of you visiting him. He was waiting outside in his black Camaro and smiled when he saw you. ‘Well if it isn’t the hard Stilinksi.’ He said and you punched his shoulder. ‘Yup, ya bet.’ You said to him with a smile.
You had surprised Stiles and Noah by turning up which pizzas bundled high enough to cover your face. When Stiles allowed you to come in you placed the boxes on the table and you turned to be pulled into a hug by Noah, you didn’t see him the last time you were here.
It was the next day and you awoke to the door getting slammed shout and you turned over to see a tall dark figure standing in the window, you almost screamed until you smelt his scent. Woods and oil. ‘You know you should be better at sneaking around.’ You said to him as he chuckled and stepped forward. He sat beside you and lifted the covers so he was underneath them. ‘I wasn’t trying to be sneaky.’ He said, you turned to face him. ‘Well you were lurking then.’ You said with a smirk. ‘No I wasn’t.’ He said and he leant forward. ‘Was not.’ You argued back. ‘Was so.’ You said and he pounced on you and you started giggling. You kept doing this until he was leaning over and you could feel his breath against your lips. You looked up at him to see him looking at your lips. You grabbed his face and pulled him down encasing his lips with yours. Your hands made their way to his neck and shoulders as his held him up so he was lying on top of you. You were in bliss until your door was flung open. ‘Y/N-‘ Stiles started saying but stopped when he saw Derek on top of you. ‘Yes Stiles?’ You asked him. ‘Can I talk to Derek please.’ He said and you chuckled and pushed Derek off you as you headed downstairs to get something to eat.
‘If you ever hurt her I will kill you.’ You heard Stiles say as you reached the top of the stairs. ‘Stiles!’ You said. He turned quickly and looked at you. ‘He’s a werewolf. I’m sure he could take you down with a swipe. Don’t say your baseball bat works, it won’t.’ You said to him and he looked to the ground. ‘Anyway, he and you both know I can do a lot more damage.’ You said to him. He started walking away but you stopped him. ‘Thank you.’ You said to him as you gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He simply nodded.
Noah Stilinski woke up alone and completely disoriented in a strange bedroom. It took him a few seconds before he recalled Derek’s terrified voice on the other end of the phone and the frantic flight across the country.
For the last few days, Noah had been parked beside a hospital bed in New York City because his son couldn’t resist playing the part of the hero. After all, it was in his blood.
Four days ago, Stiles had jumped in front of a truck to save a little girl, and they had only brought him home to the loft apartment, that Stiles shared with Derek, last night.
Make no mistake, Noah was damn proud of the man his son had become, and who he would continue to be, but sometimes, he wanted to throttle Stiles for scaring the bejeezus out of him on a semi-regular basis. The flight across the country had been the most anxiety ridden trip he had ever taken, when normally, he found flying quite relaxing. Not that he’d had a chance to do it often raising Stiles. Kid kept him on toes.
If he hadn’t known damn well that Derek would not have left Stiles’ side, even if he had to bribe the entire hospital staff, Noah may have lost him mind entirely because Stiles was it. Stiles was all he had left. His only family. His pack, so to speak.
Originally, Noah had planned to visit in two weeks for Stiles’ birthday. But that went to shit the moment his son decided to be a heroic idiot. So here he was, lying in an unfamiliar bed, wrapped in the softest sheets he’d ever felt, where he would be for the next month, or so.
Noah felt bad kicking Derek out of his own bed, but the couch had looked comfortable enough. The bedroom, which was really a loft above the rest of the apartment, didn’t have much in the way of personal touch. No pictures or knick-knacks, and no clutter or mess. There wasn’t even clothing in the drawers. It was all rather Spartan, a rather stark contrast to the explosion of life in Stiles’ partitioned room downstairs.
The apartment was chilly with the A/C cranked in the middle of a New York heat wave. Noah tugged on a sweater over his t-shirt as he tottered downstairs. Maybe his age was finally catching up with him. Stiles kept dropping hints about retirement and travelling.
Apparently, Derek had a cabin on a fair sized piece of land that was sitting vacant at the moment. Maybe he should take him up on his offer to live there. It wasn’t too far from Stiles, and spending his days fishing and reading sounded appealing.
The couch was empty as Noah passed on his way to the kitchen. He yawned and shrugged. Stiles had mentioned a few times that Derek liked to run in the morning.
The pizza box from last night was still on the counter. A quick meal after they had gotten Stiles’ home, and Stiles’, who had been high on painkillers, hadn’t even complained when Noah scarfed down four slices of greasy meat lovers.
His son was a walking bruise with broken bones and slurred sarcasm. He could barely think straight with the amount of chemicals that had been pumped into his system.
Noah shuffled across the apartment to the curtain wall that partitioned his son’s room from the main living area. Yawning, he pushed it aside.
“Hey, kiddo. I was gonna make breakfast. Do you want-” Noah blinked.
A giant black wolf, which Noah could only assume was Derek Hale, was curled up beside an unconscious Stiles on the bed. The wolf lifted his head and yawned while he eyed Noah. Apparently, finding no threat, he settled back down, tucking his nose under Stiles’ jaw with a low whine.
Here is scientific evidence that the Bible is no ordinary book: ● Jeremiah 33:22 (written 2,500 years ago):“As the host of heaven cannot be numbered,nor the sand of the sea measured…” The Bible claims that the stars are uncountable (“host of heaven”is the biblical term for the stars). When this statement was made,no one knew how vast the number of stars was,as only about 1,100 were observable.Now we know that there are an estimated septillion—or more—stars,and that they cannot be numbered.
● Job 26:7 (written 3,500 years ago):“He hangs the earth on nothing.” At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal,the Bible stated that the earth freely floated in space.Scientists now know this is the case.
● Leviticus 17:11 (written 3,000 years ago):“For the life of the flesh is in the blood.” The great biological truth concerning the importance of blood in our body’s mechanism has been fully comprehended only in recent years.Up until 120 years ago,sick people were “bled,”and many died because of the practice.We now know that blood is essential to life.If you lose too much blood,you will lose your life.
● Leviticus 15:13 (written 3,000 years ago):“And when he who has a discharge is cleansed of his discharge,then he shall count for himself seven days for his cleansing,wash his clothes,and bathe his body in running water;then he shall be clean.” The Bible said that when dealing with disease,we should wash under running water.Because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown,up until 170 years ago doctors washed their hands in a basin of still water,spreading diseases and resulting in the death of multitudes.We now know that hands should be washed under running water.
● Job 38:35 (written 3,500 years ago):“Can you send out lightnings,that they may go,and say to you, ‘Here we are!’?” This appears to be a scientifically ludicrous statement—that light can be sent,and then manifest itself in speech.But did you know that radio waves move at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth.Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when “British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing”(Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia,Vol.12).
● Isaiah 40:22 (written 2,800 years ago):“It is He who sits above the circle of the earth.” The Bible informs us here that the earth is round.This is not a reference to a flat disk,as some skeptics maintain,but to a sphere.At a time when science believed that the earth was flat,it was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world.He wrote:“It was the Lord who put it into my mind.I could feel His hand upon me…there is no question the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures…” (from his diary,in reference to his discovery of“the New World”).
● Job 38:19 (written 3,500 years ago):“Where is the way to the dwelling of light?” Man has only in recent centuries discovered that light (electromagnetic radiation) has a “way,”traveling at 186,000 miles per second.
● Genesis 1:1,2 (written 3,500 years ago):“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth… And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” Science expresses the universe in five terms: time,space,matter,power,and motion.“In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heavens [space] and the earth [matter]…And the Spirit ofGod was hovering [motion] over the face of the waters.”The first thing God tells man is that He controls all aspects of the universe.
● Psalm 8:8:“…and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.” Man discovered the existence of ocean currents in the 1850s,but the Bible declared the science of oceanography thousands of years ago.Matthew Maury (1806–1873),considered the father of oceanography,noticed the expression “paths of the sea”in Psalm 8.“If God said there are paths in the sea,” Maury said,“I am going to find them.”He took God at His word and went looking for these paths,and we are indebted to him for discovering the warm and cold continental currents.His book on oceanography remains a basic text on the subject and is still used in universities.
● Jonah 2:6 (written 2,800 years ago):“I went down to the moorings of the mountains…” When Jonah was in the depths of the ocean,he spoke of going down to the bottoms of the mountains. Only in recent years has man discovered that there are mountains on the ocean floor.The greatest ocean depth has been measured in the Mariana Trench,at around 36,000 feet below sea level.By contrast,Mount Everest is about 29,000 feet high.
● Amos 9:6 (written 2,800 years ago):“He…calls for the waters ofthe sea,and pours them out on the face of the earth—the Lord is His name.” The Mississippi River dumps over six million gallons of water per second into the Gulf of Mexico. Where does all that water go? And that’s just one of thousands of rivers.The answer lies in the hydrologic cycle,so well brought out in the Bible.The Scriptures inform us,“All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full;to the place from which the rivers come,there they return again”(Ecclesiastes 1:7). Psalm 135:7 tells us that God “causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth.”Ecclesiastes 11:3 states that “if the clouds are full of rain,they empty themselves upon the earth.”The idea of a complete water cycle was not fully understood until the seventeenth century,but 2,400 years earlier the Scriptures clearly spoke of a water cycle.
● Ecclesiastes 1:6:“The wind goes toward the south,and turns around to the north;the wind whirls about continually,and comes again on its circuit.” The wind does indeed have a “circuit.”The Bible described this cycle of air currents almost three thousand years before scientists discovered them.
● Job 38:12,14 (written 3,500 years ago):“Have you commanded the morning since your days began, and caused the dawn to know its place…? It [the earth] takes on form like clay under a seal,and stands out like a garment.” Modern science has come to understand that the earth’s rotation on its axis is responsible for the sun’s rising and setting.The picture here is of a clay vessel being turned or rotated on the potter’s wheel—an accurate analogy of the earth’s rotation.
● Psalm 19:4–6:“In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber…Its rising is from one end of heaven,and its circuit to the other end;and there is nothing hidden from its heat.” Bible critics have scoffed at these verses,claiming they teach that the sun revolves around the earth. Scientists once thought the sun was stationary.Then it was discovered in recent years that the sun is in fact moving through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour.It is traveling through the heavens and has a “circuit”just as the Bible says.Its circuit is so large that it would take an estimated 200 million years to complete one orbit.
● Genesis 2:1 (after creation):“Thus the heavens and the earth,and all the host of them,were finished.” The original Hebrew uses the past definite tense for the verb “finished,”indicating an action completed in the past,never again to occur.The creation was “finished”—once and for all.That is what the First Law of Thermodynamics states: that neither matter nor energy can be either created or destroyed. There is no “creation”ongoing today.It is “finished”exactly as the Bible declares.
● Hebrews 1:10,11 (written 2,000 years ago):“You,Lord,in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,and the heavens are the work ofYour hands.They will perish,but You remain;and they will all grow old like a garment.” Three times the Bible says that the earth is wearing out.This is what the Second Law of Thermodynamics (the law of increasing entropy) states: that in all physical processes,every ordered system over time tends to become more disordered.Everything is running down and wearing out as energy is becoming less and less available for use.That means the universe will eventually “wear out”to the extent that (theoretically speaking) there will be a “heat death”and therefore no more energy available for use.This wasn’t discovered by man until fairly recently,but the Bible states it in clear,succinct terms.
● Genesis 17:12:“He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised,every male child in your generations…” The Bible consistently says that male infants must be circumcised on the eighth day,because this is the day that the coagulating factor in the blood,called prothrombin,is the highest.Medical science has discovered that this is when the human body’s immune system is at its peak.
● Genesis 3:15:“And I will put enmity between you and the woman,and between your seed and her seed;it shall bruise your head,and you shall bruise his heel.” This verse reveals that a female possesses the “seed of life.”This was not the common knowledge until a few centuries ago.It was widely believed that only the male possessed the “seed of life”and that the woman was nothing more than a glorified incubator.
● Isaiah 40:22 (written 2,800 years ago):“It is He who…stretches out the heavens like a curtain,and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.” Scientists now know that the universe is expanding,or stretching out.At least seven times in Scripture we are clearly told that God stretches out the heavens like a curtain. These scientific and prophetic facts prove that the Bible is no ordinary book; it is supernatural in origin,as it so often claims.It is the Word of God,stating “Thus says the Lord”3,800 times.There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Bhagavad Gita,Vedas,Quran,Book of Mormon,etc.) that contain perfectly accurate prophetic and scientific truth.In fact,they contain statements that are clearly erroneous and unscientific.
Fink wrote his second album about his break-up with Marling, and it was a soul-baring affair. “There’s an element of catharsis in songwriting, and then you take it out on the road. I hadn’t really thought that through, it was so personal and specific. I think it’s important as a singer to invest yourself emotionally in every performance, otherwise it’s kind of cold. But, in another way, it can be cathartic feeling your connection to the song dwindle. You feel as if you’ve got a different view: you can look at it from above now, rather than inside.”
He has, he admits, enjoyed touring Noah’s new album rather more. “These songs feel like universal home truths. You can really sing them out”. The subject matter of the album is “the possibility of change, and the availability of it, that moment when you decide that you want to follow a different path”. (x)
there was definitely a night at monmouth where ronan accidentally dreamed up a fuckton of impossible lovely dream flowers and he was like what the hell do i do with all these?? and noah just appears out of nowhere like my time has come at last and the next day noah weaves the flowers into everyone’s hair.
(and tucks one behind ronan’s ear, because there’s no way you’re getting left out of this lynch i don’t care if you’re almost bald)
Okay! Hello, this is my first imagine is quite awhile please be kind.
Sorry for any mistakes
Warnings:Drinking, A joint, and fluff for the most part. Kissing.
This idea came from @asexualbuckybarnes if you haven’t already read their stuff, please do. :)
“Hey! Y/N, Y/N!” Noah’s voice rang out in the hallway, you had quickly turned at the sound of your brothers voice. Leaning against your locker with a smirk you watched as he quickly made his way through the thick crowd of students muttering apologies to people he had bumped into along the way. “Do you know how hard it is to fight the crowd?” An out of breath Noah approached you, a slight sheen of sweat covered his forehead. You smiled, breaking off from the cool metal of your locker and quirked an eyebrow up at him “They’re usually hard to fight when you aren’t going the same direction”.
You said earning a scowl from him, letting out a small sigh you looked up at him again “So, what was so important that you just had to tell me now?” shaking your head, once again resting yourself against the locker.
Taking a deep breath Noah started “ Oh Yeah, Are you going to Brooke’s thing tonight, it’s basically a ‘hey, we survived piper’ party” It’s true, Piper was dead and you had all survived , not unscathed of course, but none the less you were all alive. Thinking for a minute, it wouldn’t hurt to go. Audrey might be there. Over the time that fear had :raided: lakewood you and her had grown quite close, too close actually. In Fact, the developing feelings you had for her made it hard to even think about her sometimes.
Moving your head to look back up at Noah and taking a deep breath in “Sounds good.” You turned around opening your locker taking out books you’d need for your next class. “Alright” Noah said wordlessly leaving you, presumably to go to his class.
“You know it would be easier if I just had a car” you Muttered to yourself as you packed the last of your books into your locker, you had finished your last class of the day and Noah, being the impatient boy he was, stood leaning against the wall tapping his foot waiting for you to finish up. “Trust me, all things would be easier if you had a car” Noah said letting out an exasperated sigh. Squinting your eyes at him you let out a “yeah” as you slammed the door to your locker and started walking off, Noah following behind.
“Have you heard from Audrey recently?” You had innocently asked on the way home. Noah glanced at you almost questionably at first but shrugged it off, “Not really. She’s pretty much been off the grid lately, it’s weird.” He spoke in between quick glances of you and the road. “Oh” you nodded and continued to look ahead of you, “Yeah, I guess she’s just been busy.” He said, sounding more to him self.
The first thing you had heard when you’d arrived was the loud pump of music and people were everywhere. That was one thing about Brooke she knew how to throw a good party.
You both saw your group as they sat in a circle around a small fire laughing. “Hey guys!” You smiled sliding in beside Emma. “Hey! I haven’t seen you all day” Emma giggled out, putting her arms around your shoulders. You looked up seeing Audrey sitting across from you and smiled at her. “I see you guys have already started without me” Noah interjected, looking up from her drink Brooke laughed “What were we supposed to do? Wait for you to get here?” She laughed again shaking her head. “It would have been appreciated” Noah said jokingly as he sat down beside Audrey a grin on his face, sitting back reclining one leg over another. “Okay, next time then” Brooke promised as she put her pinky out. “That’s all I ask” he let out leaning in putting out his pinky too. Very quickly they all settled into light conversation, you occasionally laughing and glancing at Audrey. It had been a game of you looking at Audrey and then back at Jake who was talking endlessly about something funny that happened to him in homeroom. You raised your drink to your mouth slowly taking a sip of the strong substance in the red solo cup, you weren’t quite sure what was in it,Brooke had put it in your hand awhile back. Everyone had a slight buzz, they were all laughing and enjoying themselves. In the middle of one Jakes notorious stories Audrey excused herself and had left awhile back and you were just waiting for her to get back. “Dude! What! How!” Noah let out a laugh as you came back from your thoughts, you looked over at him just as he slapped his knee. You let out a quick laugh, when you felt A breath on your neck, before you could look over the words “Come with me” had been uttered and your hand had been taken by Audrey.
Both of you walked towards the lake,you noticed she still hadn’t let go of your hand. Looking over at her you were about to talk but quickly stopped once she started to “It’s really nice out tonight, isn’t it?” She said Looking over at you with expecting eyes. Your heart began to pick up it pace “Yeah, it’s alright” the corners of your mouth upturned into a small smile. There was a quick beat of silence and you looked ahead of you once more, as you both reached the end of the bridge. After all that happened you were surprised that she’d want to come down here at all. “So why’d you want to come here?” Looking over you found her eyes already on you,making a slight blush stain your cheeks, she let out a breathy laugh “I just wanted to talk to you”.
“Oh” you strangled out. “Yeah, I hope you don’t mind me dragging you away” she said taking a seat at the end of the pier, you taking a seat beside her. “No,I don’t mind” you breathed out, rubbing your arms a bit to take the chill off. Despite it now being summer, it could still get a little bit chilly. Audrey took notice of your movements and looked over “Are you cold?” she asked quickly reaching her hand into her pockets taking something out. You looked back over at her shaking your head giving her your best no-I’m-not-cold-look, she playfully rolled her eyes at you shaking off her leather jacket and putting it onto your shoulders. “Thanks, Auds” you said, the action made your breathing come in erratic bursts, just another challenge to go along with your pounding heart-which you were almost sure she heard.
“Uh, do you mind?” Looking back over at her you examined her hand to see a joint. Lightly you shook your head “Not at all, just don’t tell Noah he’ll get his panties in twist”. “Will do.” She said as she lit it and took a puff. “So how have you been? Sorry, I haven’t been around lately” she spoke. You had crossed your arms, each hand pulling one side of the jacket tugging it tighter around your body as she listened for your answer she breathed out and took another hit “I’ve been pretty good, worried about you.” You say biting your lip looking ahead of you. She turned her head towards you as she released the smoke in her lungs “You worry about me?”
“Of course I do” you tried your best to act calm as you reached up to grab the joint from her hand bringing it to your lips and inhaling. “Why?” She asked moving her position so she could properly look at you. Letting the smoke fall past your lips you speak “Because I care about you, Audrey” you furrowed your brows a bit, bringing the joint to your mouth taking another puff.
“I care about you too” She said scooting closer towards you, taking the joint back from you and bringing her free to the side of your face “You’re really pretty.”
“Thanks.” Breathing out again you started “So are you” you turned your head to hide the Blush, that by now probably had you looking a tomato. “Hey, no, don’t” she said her hand slipping down to your neck, you looked back over. She had leaned in closer to you than she was before making you even more nervous.
“I’m not as pretty as you” she said giving you a small smile. “You’re prettier” you commented biting your lip again as you stared into her eyes, you caught her glancing at your lips. “I really like you, Y/N” she said moving a hair away from your face. “I really like you too,‘Audrey” you replied
heart beating out of chest, almost in dis-belief that it could beat any harder. All of sudden, Audrey’s lips found yours, surprised at first you, started kissing back. As you raised your arms her jacket fell off your shoulders and your hands found her hair, lightly tugging at the ends slowly one of your hands lowered to her neck. You had almost missed it when her tongue burned a hot trail along your lower lip, you letting her in almost immediately . She flicked the joint into the water and her hand found your waist while her other hand moved to the back of your neck, slowly she lowered you onto the jacket. Your hand had found her neck while the other still played her hair, her hand had found its way under your shirt leaving soft circles and patters on your stomach.
“Audrey” you breathed out she hummed moving to your neck leaving soft kisses. Closing your eyes tighter to hold back a moan, you started to talk again “we should probably get back to the party” you said taking a deep breath “y'know before they start looking for us” detaching herself from your neck she looked at you “you’re probably right” she said standing up offering you a hand. The both of you started walking back up to Brooke’s house, when she pulled you to her pressing you against a tree. “But we will finish this later”
How was that? Aha, requests are always open feel free to hit me up. Plus we can talk theories about the show.
You sat on your bed in silence, staring at the envelope Bucky had tried giving you last night. You knew exactly what it was and it brought a tear to your eyes. It had gone missing months ago, you thought it was gone forever. You thought Noah threw it out when he cleaned the apartment for mother’s day…But Bucky found it…You stared down at your mother’s handwriting..The first letter you had ever received from the first person you had ever lost to who you are. You often wished you could have met her, from the pictures you saw you could see a lot of her in you.
You had read this letter a thousand times before but it still stung your heart as you gently pulled the flap open tugged the letter out of its paper casing as if it could crumble at any moment. You had to respect your mother’s dedication to you and the project that helped form you. She knew her responsibility and the consequences but went through with it anyway all for you.
I don’t know what they will tell you about me but I want you to know the real me. Your real mother. I didn’t agree to this experiment to be the mother of the next Captain America. Nor did I agree for the sake of my country military or science. I did it for you. I did it so you had a chance to be. I wasn’t supposed to be able to have children so this was the only way for me to give you life. I know I won’t make it through and I’m sorry but if I had the choice I’d choose this again, every time. I’m just glad I got to see you exist. One day I hope you understand.
Things might look scary for a while but hold your head up high my little one. I know this world is big and you feel so alone. I’m sorry.
There will be pain, there will be fear, but there will also be hope and there will be love. And I know I’m not going to survive this so here are my final words for you. Words I’m begging you to live by.
You are so different from anyone else in this world. Don’t let your fears or insecurities hold you down. Don’t let anyone change who you are. Be the best you that you can be. You are strong enough to do what is right.
So long as you are true to yourself I will always be proud of you.
I love you.”
Tears swirled in your eyes and clung to your cheeks. How could you miss someone you didn’t even remember? A knock at the open door snapped your attention away from your mother’s final words to you. “Hey…you ok?” Bucky asked, his brows furrowed with concern.
You nodded wiping at your eyes, placing the letter back in the envelope just as gently as you removed it. You weren’t. You suddenly felt ashamed of yourself. You weren’t being true to yourself. You were willfully trying to ignore half of who you are and you knew it. What would your mother say if she were still alive? It crushed your chest to even think about it. You tried to look strong, whole for the last person you wanted to see you crying but your thoughts betrayed you. Bucky’s eyes went soft and his tensed body relaxed seeing that you were in need of comfort.
“You found it… “ You whispered with a barely there voice as you looked up to Bucky who was just staring at you with a soft face. All he wanted to do was wrap his arms around you and make your tears stop….But that wasn’t his job anymore…it was Pietro’s.
So he just put on a smile. “Yeah, Doll. I did. I tried to give it to you yesterday but…” He paused watching you rise from your bed to gently tuck the letter into your nightstand drawer. “I guess you were still a little sore.”
“Yeah…I’m sorry…” You muttered, still fighting back some tears.
“Hey, it’s alright. I kind of deserved it to be honest.” He gave you a soft smile from your door. This smile confused you just a bit. It wasn’t one of comfort or sympathy…It almost looked like he was actually happy. It was a smile you hadn’t seen since the night his arm hurt you.
Bucky was glad to have the two of you getting along again. He missed the color of your eyes and the sound of your voice. If only he could bring back your smile…”You want me to go wake up Pietro? I mean, you two are a thing now, right?”
You nodded a bit as you tucked the hair behind your ear. “Yeah…I guess we are.” Your lips curled into a shy smile remembering the amazing kiss last night. “He’s really sweet. And great with Noah.”
“Then what’s the problem?” He asked with a soft gruff tone as he stepped into your room, sitting on your bed to wipe the last of your tears away.
“This isn’t me…Well, it is but it isn’t.” Bucky arched a brow, confused at your statement. “I’m more than this. I’m a fighter. I’ve always been a fighter.” You got up out of your bed picking up one of your knives that you used to hide in your old place. You flipped and tossed it absentmindedly, handling the blade was second nature to you. “I was literally made to fight. I’m a weapon!”
If anyone knew what you were going through it was Bucky. He watched your fluid movements with admiration and respect. He was envious of the way you were able to balance everything so well. And in that moment he realized just how much the two of you had in common, and what you had in common. “You’re like me and Steve.” He said simply with a shrug. “If that’s how you feel why don’t you just join us in training? Join up. Everyone would be more than happy to have you as a member of the team…Besides, it’s nice to have a sparring partner who can actually give me a challenge.”
You let out a soft sigh as you casually tossed him the knife, counting on his training and natural instincts to keep it from hurting him. He caught it with the same second nature you had. “You know why. What if one day I kiss Noah goodbye go off in the jet and never come back? Then what?” You could feel the tears almost returning at that thought.
“Then trust everyone here to take care of him. Besides…You’re not so easily broken, right Doll?” Bucky gave you the smallest of smiles, hoping the peptalk would work in bringing your spirits back up.
You allowed yourself a slight chuckle before nodding. “Alright…You’re right” You choked back a nervous feeling, forcing it down into the pit of your stomach..not a bad nervous, the good kind, like when you know you’re about to start the rest of your life. “I’ll talk to Steve and Tony about it after I drop off Noah.”
~ ~ ~ ~
The two of them loved that idea. Pietro, however, was not too thrilled with the idea of Bucky being your sparring partner. He watched as the two of you exchanged blows, you wearing a tight black tank top and short shorts. He didn’t like seeing you so close to Bucky, he could see how Bucky looked at you, and he saw the same perfection that he did…He knew what Bucky wouldn’t admit he wanted. But despite his jealousy he just watched the beauty that was your fighting skills, knowing the kind of challenge he could provide wouldn’t be as useful as Bucky’s. As you fought you caught a glimpse of your speedster, seeing a darkness in his eyes as he watched you, that hint of jealousy welling inside him.
After what felt like forever you were finally done and with a puff of air Pietro was in front of you with a bottle of water for you and an adorable smile. “You know, I didn’t get much chance to admire you the last time you were fighting…You’re almost scary when you get going.” You just smiled drinking the water, taking it as a compliment.
“Almost as scary as you when you’re jealous?” You teased before planting a reassuring kiss on his cheek. “Kinda sexy.” You whispered with a chuckle as Pietro smirked and gave you a playful ‘I know’ in response.
As the two of you flirted Bucky watched, seeing how happy you were with him. He wondered if he would have ever been able to produce the same bright smile on your face…But in the back of his mind your words from earlier echoed and the pain in his heart seemed to ease just a bit.
~ ~ ~ ~
Months passed. Pietro had easily stepped into the father figure roll for Noah, and the little guy began calling all your teammates uncle or aunt, and you began to notice Bucky slowly coming around to trust himself with Noah. Steve said it was almost like watching his rehabilitation all over when it came to the little guy, something you couldn’t help smile at. Even better, your friendship with the Winter Soldier began forming once more, but different…stronger. You had a bond now that you hadn’t before, and though Pietro did feel a little jealous of it he knew it wasn’t anything to worry about. Especially after Wanda had reassured him that you don’t look at Bucky the same way you look at him, and she didn’t have to look into your mind to know that you cared deeply.
You and Pietro picked Noah up from his last day of school for the year, arms full of beach gear. You had planned this for weeks. You were too worried about Noah being alone in the tower all summer so Laura and Clint had agreed to let your son visit with them at their country home until school started again. But first you wanted at least one fun family day at Coney Island Beach. As always Pietro scooped Noah up into a piggy back ride as you left the schoolyard, already going to work with the sunscreen on the parts of his body you could get to.
Once you were on the sand you set up a large towel on the sand while watching the boys run and play in the waves. You were aware of the women watching Pietro but you didn’t care, you knew he was yours. As the afternoon went on Noah began spotting friends from school and with permission and instructions to stay close he was off playing with kids his own age, leaving the two of you to lay together in the warming summer sun already planning a night for just the two of you.
“Oh wow, you’re Quicksilver aren’t you?” You heard a breathy voice swoon as a shadow blocked your sunlight. You looked up to see a blond in a way too revealing bikini coming to sit between you and Pietro despite the obvious lack of room. Your eyes rolled as you both sat up to greet one of Pietro’s many fangirls as she practically shoved you out of her way.
“Well, yes I am.” He replied before looking around her to you mouthing a silent “Sorry”. You took the time to glance over to Noah who was too busy playing tag with his friends to notice the encounter. “But as you can see by the beautiful woman you are practically sitting on I am here with someone so if you could please…?”
“Wow, this is so amazing. I never thought I’d get the chance to meet an Avenger.” She sat in such a way that screamed oh god I want you to do me.
You watched the girl attempt to seduce Pietro away from you for a few more minutes before deciding you’ve had just about enough…Of course Pietro mouthing “help me” to you was also a good signal that it was time to act. “Ok…that’s it.” You grabbed the blond’s long tresses, wrapping them around your hand as you jerked her body away from him until her back was against your chest, she could feel your lips brush against her ear. “Listen lady…he isn’t interested so you can either get up and leave my boyfriend alone willingly or…”The girl’s eyes went wide listening to you. “Or I can pick you up by this pretty blond hair of yours and throw you so hard you’ll land in Jersey. Which is it going to be?” You then let go of the girl to let her run off.
Pietro was laughing at the site before your words really sunk in. “Boyfriend? So I’m your boyfriend now?” He asked with a confident smile.
You smiled back playfully. “Yeah, you didn’t know?” You replied before moving over the sand to kiss him, only to be tackled by Noah who then lectured the two of you on the dangers of cooties. The two of you laughed before deciding it was about time to pack up for dinner as you all had a big day tomorrow.