SNSD as a whole has done so much for KPOP. They are literally the nation’s girl group. They are known as the queens of KPOP for a reason. So, just because three members left and a possible disbandment gives nobody the right to downgrade their achievements because as 8 and 9, they’ve done a lot. So let’s list them right here.
-First Girl Group to win 100 Music Show awards -First Girl Group EVER to win a DIsk Daesang -They hold the record for the most Daesangs for a Girl Group -They were the first Girl Group to have 100,000,000 views on YouTube, and has 5 with over 100 million and more approaching. -Their Debut song is used in Korea as a legit ANTHEM for change -THEY WERE AROUND FOR 10 YEARS and yet they stood tall and can still compete with rookie groups -First Group to perform on American Late Night TV -They have sold almost 95 million records; and more than 4 million physical sales, most for any girl group -Held the longest music show wins (9) weeks on Music bank with their Iconic song Gee -Irrelevant but Hit me up when you faves have a LEGACY tab on Wiki - Girls’ Generation along with the Wonder Girls, 2NE1 and more inspired your favorite artists; so don’t you ever disrespect them.
These are honestly the only ones I can think of on the top of my head so anyone add more, because there are so many more.
I will always love and support SNSD as a whole, and solo. I respect their decisions.
Right now, in the future, forever; Girls’ Generation
With Nam Taehyun's recent admission that he suffers from Bipolar Disorder, he has further opened the discussion on mental and emotional health of Idols.
So far, there had been a significant number of Idols who admitted to have suffered or are diagnosed with mental illnesses/disorders.
1. Bang Yongguk - Panic Disorder, Depression
2. Changjo (Teen Top) - Eating Disorder, Depression, Bipolar Disorder
3. P.O (Block B) - Stress Induced Schizophrenia
4. SM Milk Club (Onew, Taeyeon, Yoona, Leeteuk, Yoochun) - Depression
5. Park Bom - Depression, PTSD
6. IU - Anorexia
7. Wooshin (Up10tion) - Mental Stress/Exhaustion
8. Lee Joon - Bipolar Disorder, Depression
9. Kiseop (Ukiss) - Depression, Openly admitted to Suicidal thoughts
10. Sunggyu - Anxiety Disorder
11. Jun jin (Shinhwa) - Panic Disorder
12. Henry - ADHD
13. Sojung (Ladies Code) - Eating Disorder
14. Heechul - Depression 15. Suga - Depression 16. Himchan - Eating Disorder 17. T.O.P. - Anxiety Disorder, Depression 18. Amber (fx) & Jonghyun (Shinee) - Stress Induced Insomnia
I dream of a day that idols can talk about their mental health freely, without fear of backlash, judgment, and labels such as weak, broken, and retarded. That when they do comeback from a mental health break, they aren’t looked at with pity but with the same level of respect they had before their hiatus. That psychological and emotional health is as much of a priority as physical health and that support network such as therapists and psychiatrists are of easy access.