SO U SAW AOU RIGHT? WHEN SCARLET MESSES WITH TONY'S MIND, HE WENT TO STEVE FIRST. I AM CRYING OVER THAT RIGHT NOW. PLEASE SEND COMFORT.
SENDS YOU COMFORT IN THE FORM OF MORE TEARS BECAUSE
- tony is so deathly afraid of disappointing steve that his greatest fear isn’t just watching him (and all the other avengers) die it’s steve believing he isn’t enough to save them
- it’s why his kneejerk reaction to steve being seemingly unaffected by scarlet witch was sheer disbelief after what he’d seen
- eVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR INTERACTIONS IN AOU IS COLORED BY THIS NIGHTMARE OKAY i bet u tony looked steve in the eye countless times and had only flashbacks to seeing him lying there bleeding out across the ground
- if they could have just taLKED it would have explained so much for steve??? how could he accuse tony of being blindly reckless and arrogant when all of this was so tony could protect the team and protect him
- i’m still in shock it happened like obviously you can interpret it any way you want but given the lack of actual interaction in the mcu………THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED LEVELS OF GAY THIS IS COMIC LEVELS OF GAY. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE GAY.
- tony wanting to be able to go home at the end of all the battles + tony rebuilding the tower so they could have a home + tony’s nightmare = he wANTS to keep steve safe and give steve a place he can call home too