46 Of The Most Beautiful Sentences In YA Literature
1. “You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if you only dared. And deep down, you know it too, and that’s what scares you the most.” —Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass
2. “Because sometimes chance and circumstance can seem like the most appalling injustice, but we just have to adapt. That’s all we can do.” —Gavin Extence, The Universe Versus Alex Woods
3. “I can’t seem to be a pessimist long enough to overlook the possibility of things being overwhelmingly good.” —John Corey Whaley, Where Things Come Back
4. “Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.” ―Christopher Paolini, Eragon
5. “Because Margo knows the secret of leaving, the secret I have only just now learned; leaving feels good and pure only when you leave something important, something that mattered to you. Pulling life out by the roots. But you can’t do that until your life has grown roots.” —John Green, Paper Towns
6. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” ―J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
7. “I’m done with those; regrets are an excuse for people who have failed.” —Ned Vizzini, It’s Kind of a Funny Story
8. “Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” —Veronica Roth, Divergent
9. “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” —Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me
10. “Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” —Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park
11. “Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” —Natalie Babbit, Tuck Everlasting
12. “Just because we’ve been … dealt a certain hand … it doesn’t mean that we can’t choose to rise above — to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted.” —Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
13. “Some walks you have to take alone.” —Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
14. “That’s the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.” —John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
15. “We believe in the wrong things. That’s what frustrates me the most. Not the lack of belief, but the belief in the wrong things. You want meaning? Well, the meanings are out there. We’re just so damn good at reading them wrong.” —Rachel Cohn, Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares
16. “Why would you be given wings if you weren’t meant to fly?” —Leslye Walton, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
17. “Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing.” —Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
18. “It’s just that…I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It’s the universe’s way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It’s how life is.” —Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
19. “The universe is bigger than anything that can fit into your mind.” —Ava Dellaira, Love Letters to the Dead
20. “I try to think about how it all works. At school dances, I sit in the background, and I tap my toe, and I wonder how many couples will dance to ‘their song.’ In the hallways, I see the girls wearing the guys’ jackets, and I think about the idea of property. And I wonder if anyone is really happy. I hope they are. I really hope they are.” —Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
21. “Things were rough all over but it was better that way. That way, you could tell the other guy was human too.” —S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
22. “What if evil doesn’t really exist? What if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except our own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices?” —Libba Bray, Rebel Angels
23. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” —J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
24. “It’s like the people who believe they’ll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn’t work that way. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you. If you see what I mean.” —Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
25. “I can tell you that the end of a life is the sum of the love that was lived in it, that whatever you think you have sworn, being here at the end of Jem’s life is not what is important. It was being here for every other moment.” —Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess
26. “Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You’re given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself.” —Madeleine L’Engle, A Wrinkle In Time
27. “Maybe who we are isn’t so much about what we do, but rather what we’re capable of when we least expect it” —Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
28. “People never really died. They only went on to a better place, to wait a while for their loved ones to join them. And then once more they went back to the world, in the same way they had arrived the first time around.” ―V.C. Andrews, Flowers in the Attic
29. “Goodbye, I say, goodbye, as I disappear little by little into the middle of the middle of my own spectacular now.” —Tim Tharp, The Spectacular Now
30. “But if I’m it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I’m going to let the story end this way…Because if I am the last one, then I am humanity. And if this is humanity’s last war, then I am the battlefield.” —Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
31. “The words were on their way, and when they arrived, she would hold them in her hands like clouds, and she would ring them out like the rain.” —Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
32. “Child, no one is ever ready for anything. I would never doom you to that. What sort of adventureless life would that be?” —Alethea Kontis, Enchanted
33. “And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” —John Steinbeck, East of Eden
34. “Maybe some people are just meant to be in the same story.” ―Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
35. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s this: We all want everything to be okay. We don’t even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.” —David Levithan, Every Day
36. “Doubt everything at least once. What you decide to keep, you’ll be able to be confident of. And what you decide to ditch, you will replace with what your instincts tell you is true.” ―Amy Plum, After the End
37. “Just as a river by night shines with the reflected light of the moon, so too do you shine with the light of your family, your people, and your God. So you are never far from home, never alone, wherever you go.” —Karen Cushman, Catherine Called Birdy
38. “You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” —John Green, Looking for Alaska
39. “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.” —George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
40. “I know that the whole point—the only point—is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to let them go.” —Lauren Oliver, Delirium
41. “We feel cold, but we don’t mind it, because we will not come to harm. And if we wrapped up against the cold, we wouldn’t feel other things, like the bright tingle of the stars, or the music of the aurora, or best of all the silky feeling of moonlight on our skin. It’s worth being cold for that.” —Philip Pullman, The Golden Compass
42. “It’s a lot easier to be lost than found. It’s the reason we’re always searching and rarely discovered—so many locks not enough keys.” ―Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key
43. “On that cold night in January it all slipped into place for me and she became my everything and my everyone. My music, my sun, my words, my logic, my confusion, my flaw.” —Julie Murphy, Side Effects May Vary
44. “Hope? Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” —Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone
45. “[She] had always suffered from a vague restlessness, a longing for adventure that she told herself severely was the result of reading too many novels when she was a small child.” —Robin McKinley, The Blue Sword
46. “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels, but old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” —J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
still after all this time i want to know what it was like when steve and nat first started to get to know each other. this is only mildly related to the content of this post. i also wanted nat with a nubby lil ponytail so theres no excuse for that part and i have no regrets
Anonymous said: Ok but like imagine lucy coming home from a 1 day mission to see natsu and their child sitting on the floor pouting wrapped in blanket while they wait for her to come home bc they were hungry and didnt want to walk all the way to the guild for breakfast
You basically described the headcanon i based that drawing off. Burritos of shame.
Anon asked: “Hi hi. I love your writing so much girl! You are so good, and I hope you never stop writing. So then can I ask for a bts reaction for when they see you after the break up, but they are with someone else, however they still have lingering feelings for you their ex? I hope this made sense. Thank you in advance”
Omg thank you so much!!! I am so happy you like my writing. I hope you like this reaction too :) Happy Reading!
**gifs are not mine. Credit to rightful owners. Sourced from google images**
He would not approach you directly, would think about it, but stay put at the spot. He would probably just admire your from far.
Jin was out grocery shopping with his current partner when his eyes fell on your figure. He stopped in his tracks. Memories of the past flooded in his mind, and his throat dried up. He couldn’t take his eyes off you. He felt guilty for breaking up with you. “What are you looking at?” asked his partner. “Hmm?” he still didn’t look away from you. “Oh uh nothing” he replied. “Lets go”. But while leaving he turned around to take one last look at you, and a smile stretched across his lips and he knew that he still had lingering feelings for you.
He wouldn’t make it a big deal and would be very realistic. Most likely to ask how life is going for you and how everything has been.
“Yoongi?” he heard your voice, and his stomach tightened. He turned around found himself face to face with you. “Hi” he breathed out. “How have you been y/n?” he asked. “Good” came your reply. You asked him the same question in return. “Its been good too” he said with longing in voice, which you caught. “It was nice seeing you here. You look good as always” he smiled sweetly. You bid him goodbye and left. Yoongi stood rooted at his spot, looking in the direction of your retreating figure, even long after you had gone. He didn’t pay mind to the 7 missed calls he had received from his current partner throughout the duration of the chance meeting with you.
He would be a bit surprised to bump into due to the unexpectedness of the situation. But he would be very smiley and giddy to see you again, but wouldn’t call you out.
Taking a walk with his gf(/bf) in the park his mind was preoccupied with you. When he found himself back to reality his eyes found you. A small smile made its way on his lips and he couldn’t control it. Nonetheless he was surprised to see you there. “Y/n” he whispered with a dreamy look in his eyes. He saw your silouhette walk away from him, and had the urge to call you out, to hear your voice again and to see your face that haunted his dreams at night. Realization that you were no longer his dawned on him but he didn’t let it get him down. He still smiled to himself as he watched you walk away, heart beating slightly fast in his chest.
Namjoon would be a bit shy and nervous when he sees you, stuttering and fumbling for words and trying to think of what to say to you.
“Isn’t that her?” his partner asked him. He followed the line of sight and found you. You looked up and saw him with another person. You walk up to them. “Namjoon, long time” you smile. “Yea..” he says almost inaudibly. He cleared his throat. ‘Stay calm Joon’ he thought to himself. “S-so how are you doing?” he asked you. “As good as I can” you smile. His eyebrows furrow for a slight second. After your meeting with him, he wonders if you still have feelings for him as he still does for you. He spent the rest of the day thinking about the time he spent with you wishing for it to come back.
All the past feelings would resurface for him as he sees you. He would feel guilty towards his current partner, but seeing you would open the floodgates of his feelings for you and he wouldn’t be able to let go of it.
Jimin would spend the entire night looking through your old pictures, smiling to himself. Longing sighs escaped his lips. He paused on his favourite picture of you. He zoomed into each feature on your face, remembering the times he has kissed your lips, your nose, your cheeks, your forehead. “Why aren’t we together y/n?” he talked to your picture, with furrowed eyebrows. “I know I shouldn’t be doing this but you were the best thing in my life.” “I wish we never…”he trailed off, hearing footsteps outside the bedroom door. He turned off his phone and puts it away, pretending to sleep as his gf/bf entered the room.
Tae would probably be the most normal out of everyone else. If after seeing you he did realize his feelings for you he would be truthful about it with himself.
He tapped you on the shoulder as he found your petite figure in the music store you both used to visit together. You turned around and were met with Tae’s smiling face. “Tae” you smile in shock. “I just saw you and thought I should come say hi” he returned your smile, in anticipation. He rocked back and forth on his feet. “Still the same I see” you comment. “Still as pretty” he replied. After the meeting as he made his way home, he smiled all the way, humming to himself. He knew he still liked you, but he felt bad for feeling that way since he was with someone else. Regardless, he didn’t lie to himself. “One day Taehyung” he patted his chest gently.
Jungkook wouldn’t call you out, he would watch you from afar. Partly because he would be too shy and awkward to approach and partly because he would remember his current s/o and feel a bit guilty.
As he watched your slumped figure in the cafe, your nose buried in a book he couldn’t help but chuckle. “Nothing has changed” he smiled. His stomach fluttered. He wanted to talk to you, but he stopped himself because he wasn’t with you anymore. It wouldn’t be fair to his present partner. So he sat at the coffee shop opposite the street and watched you, sometimes laughing, sometimes smiling. He couldn’t take his eyes off you. He didn’t seem to realize how much time had passed until he received a call. “I am coming right now” he said hurriedly. With one last wistful look towards you he hesitantly made his way down the street, feeling a mixture of happiness at seeing you but also feeling regretful.
Thank you for taking the time to read this :) Excuse any spelling and grammar errors