The truth is that nothing is going to make you happy. Getting what you want just means you are momentarily pacified. What’s really going on is that some people just don’t want to be happy, and nothing will ever make them happy. Regardless of your situation as it seems at the moment, you are either going to choose to be happy, or not. — Bryant McGill
hi I love your still star crossed fics, that one where rosaline asks to live away from the montague clan is so heartbreaking, I've actually been thinking if they'll ever touch this subject on the show bc I think it's super important. Also I don't know if you ever write more smutty things but imagine benvolio saying "pardon me but I think this will please you as much as I" in a more intimate context
Argh, thank you so much! I really like that fic too, myself, and I do wonder if that will be addressed on the show - wouldn’t it be beautiful if they got to make their own home somewhere, away from their horrible relatives? (Minus Livia, obvi, who gets to either marry and be stupidly happy or live with them.)
As for the quote: DON’T GIVE ME IDEAS!
jk I totally want ALL THE IDEAS for Rosvolio fic! I love that quote, and your suggestion of how to use it - cheeky ;) And wouldn’t you know, I am actually in the middle of writing a more explicit fic right now, although I still have to muddle through a bit more angst before I can get to the smutty parts. I’m not sure I’ll use it in this one, but consider it filed away as a prompt because it is an AWESOME idea.
Aries: Salvador Dalí: “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”
Taurus: Mother Teresa: “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
Gemini: Sigmund Freud: "Words have a magical power. They can bring either the greatest happiness or deepest despair; they can transfer knowledge from teacher to student; words enable the orator to sway his audience and dictate its decisions.”
Cancer: Isaac Newton: "To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”
Leo: Mahatma Gandhi: "I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
Virgo: Stephen Hawking: "One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn’t exist…Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.”
Libra: William Shakespeare: "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
Scorpio: Nelson Mandela: "I am not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying.”
Sagittarius: Albert Einstein: "The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
Capricorn: Ernest Hemingway: "The first and final thing you have to do in this world is to last it and not be smashed by it.”
Aquarius: Voltaire: "The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.”
Pisces: Leonardo DaVinci: "Why does the eye see more clearly when asleep than the imagination when awake?”
Here, this is my heart. I’ve spent quite a lot of time putting it back together. I’m sorry about the cracks. Some people weren’t that gentle with it. Sometimes I wasn’t gentle either, but I’m getting better at it every day. I don’t really like having these protective walls up, but my past wasn’t great. I’ve knocked them down just to build them back up stronger than before every time. That’s become exhausting, but you’ll be different from the rest, won’t you? You won’t take this love for granted, you’ll cherish it, right? Right?
1. I wasn’t in love with you anymore, but god, this knocked the wind out of me.
2. You were just here.
3. You were just here.
4. Do you remember? The frozen food pressed to your shoulder, the way you shook with the knowledge of a barely avoided death?
5. My mouth. Yours.
6. I had been struggling with my old poems about you. You know, you were the first one I ever wrote. I had some questions for you, Cleveland. I suppose I don’t have them anymore.
7. It isn’t even seeing you kiss her that’s the problem. It’s that you share a table.
8. Maybe “wife” bothers me, too. I know how that word sounds, coming from you. Remember? Those long drives? Perhaps I still exist as your heart when you hit the road.
9. You still exist as mine when I hit the words.
10. I couldn’t read them aloud anymore, the poems. That old pain. It didn’t exist. We had chased it away with chocolate and cherries. Still, you occupy a shelf in the bright. In the cold .
11. You always have been impossibly careless with my heart. With my new lives, all of them.
12. There’s a Smiths song – if you were reading my texts I would send you it – it goes: and I’m not happy / and I’m not sad. I’m not sad, seeing you happy. She looks as full of light as I used to when you kissed me. I am glad for her. I know what you have to give.
13. It’s the loss of our friendship. More a removal. A reopened scar, from the last time. Remember, how we were friends? We’ve been so good at it. I can’t believe you won’t hear from me now. I couldn’t believe you wouldn’t hear from me, then. You know the words.
14. I just wanted to wish you well. I just. I just wanted to be what I always have been. Yours, in whatever form we decide.
15. Nearly two years since we met and you still find new ways to let me down. I think it impresses me more than it wounds.
16. You told me all about her, remember? We discovered we had both loved ghosts, since the last time you cried on my couch. Do you remember? The things that we allow to haunt us take root in the end. I need to change my sheets.
17. I wonder if I am the ghost now. The woman you never had the courage to keep. Do I haunt you, darling? I can hear your voice saying yes. Feel the reach of your arms as I spin out of them, laughing. Do I echo?
18. You kissed me like you used to, the last time. You will again, the next. You always do.
19. In a poem I never got the chance to read you, I said that you exist suspended in time. In flashes of white sheets. Bathed in orange light on the Golden Gate Bridge. Spinning me around on a cold February evening. One year ago today.
20. One year ago today, you laid next to me. We cried about something that doesn’t matter anymore. It didn’t matter then, either.
21. Do you remember the words? Of that last song at what we thought was the last breakfast. You sat me on your knee.
22. Your hands shook as you held me tight. I put my lips to your ear. Do you remember? The words. Say them with me.
23. In my own sick way / I’ll always stay true to you.
Upon Seeing Your New Girlfriend For The First Time. Charlotte Ford.
Gavin: What happens in the raps though is that, usually, you just pull entire paragraphs of lyrics out of your anus-
Michael: Yeah, that’s exactly where they come from, and I can never repeat them ever again because I make them up as I go.
Gavin: It’s a gift! And I just throw in the occasional word. But sometimes, I mess up because I start listening to what you’re saying. And it’s so long and I’m listening and I realise i’m not saying anything in the rap, so then I just yell.
Michael: Gavin does one of two things: He does either word or KACK-KACK-KACK-KA-KA-KACK-KA-KA-KA-KACK-KACK.
Often we fall in love with a person we think we love only to discover that, for them, we are just someone to pass time with. And all the while, the person who truly loves us either remains a stranger or a casual friend. So here’s a piece of advice: don’t settle for the person who’s only passing time. Take your time, and be sure. Your life is too precious to waste on the wrong person.
INTJ: They don’t care to get to know everyone, but everyone at least knows of them
ENTJ: They know everyone and everyone knows them. How else would one move up the social ladder?
INTJ vs ISTJ
INTJ: That quiet straight-A person in class who indulges in nerdy interests in their spare time when they’re not studying
ISTJ: That quiet straight-A person in class who indulges in even more studying in their spare time than INTJ
INTJ vs INFJ
INTJ: *Is quiet and detached around someone* “Not my problem if they think I’m rude”
INFJ: *Is quiet and detached around someone* “OMG WHAT IF THEY THINK I DON’T LIKE THEM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”
INTJ vs INTP
INTJ: Doesn’t show their caring side unless they really care about you. And I mean REALLY care
INTP: You’re at least a good-tier friend of theirs? Time for them to tell you about everyone they truly care about and why they do
INFJ vs ENFJ
INFJ: Makes friends when extroverts adopt them
ENFJ: Is the extrovert friend that adopts introverts
INFJ vs ISFJ
INFJ: Cares for you by helping you survive and advance in life
ISFJ: Cares for you by giving you kind words and sharing food with you
INFJ vs INFP
INFJ: “I know you’re just going through a phase, but I’ll still love you and support you no matter what”
INFP: “IT’S NOT A PHASE MOM, THIS IS WHO I AM”
ISFJ vs ESFJ
ISFJ: Will cuddle you in the comfort of your or their own home while you tell them what’s bothering you
ESFJ: Will take you on an adventure to your favourite fast food place while you tell them what’s bothering you
ISFJ vs ISTJ
ISFJ: Hall monitor in elementary school
ISTJ: Cried when they didn’t get the hall monitor position in elementary school
ISFJ vs ISFP
ISFJ: Saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop in 2009 and thought it was pretty good
ISFP: Started ironically liking Paul Blart: Mall Cop cause of Tumblr, eventually actually saw it and started unironically liking it
ISTJ vs ESTJ
ISTJ: Too quiet when working on a group project
ESTJ: Not quiet enough when working on a group project
ISTJ vs ISTP
ISTJ: *Shows up late to class for the first time all semester* “omg look how rebellious I am”
ISTP: *Shows up to class on time for the first time all semester* “omg look how responsible I am”
ISTP vs ESTP
ISTP: Alienates people by being too edgy
ESTP: Alienates people by almost landing themselves in jail and/or the hospital one too many times
ISTP vs INTP
ISTP: Stays up till 5 am reading articles about how to be attractive and looking at specs of expensive watches, cars, and whatever tech they’re interested in that night
INTP: Stays up till 5 am watching anime and reading about philosophy
ISTP vs ISFP
ISTP: Ironically writes sad poetry
ISFP: Unironically writes sad poetry
ISFP vs ESFP
ISFP: Has coffee running through their veins
ESFP: Has vodka running through their veins
ISFP vs INFP
ISFP: Wannabe Instagram model
INFP: Wannabe Tumblr model
INFP vs ENFP
INFP: Has a “whatever” attitude about their introversion
ENFP: Refers to themselves as an introvert or ambivert cause they don’t see themselves as a Basic Outgoing Extrovert™
INFP vs INTP
INFP: Has a selfie of themselves wearing a flower crown as their profile pic on Tumblr
INTP: Has a picture of an anime character or a superhero as their profile pic on Tumblr
INTP vs ENTP
INTP: “Wouldn’t it be hilarious if we went to Wal-Mart and shouted swear words into the PA system?”
ENTP: Actually goes to Wal-Mart one day and shouts swear words into the PA system
ENTP vs ESTP
ENTP: Shows their friends their best Batman impression while quoting lines from Batman movies
ESTP: Googles how long it would take to become as strong and fast as Batman and designs a workout program based around getting on Batman’s level of athleticism
ENTP vs ENFP
ENTP: Would work for Reddit if they could
ENFP: Would work for Buzzfeed if they could
ENTP vs ENTJ
ENTP: Either an overachiever or underachiever in anything, no in-between
ENTJ: Underachiever in absolutely nothing
ENFP vs ESFP
ENFP: Goes out dressed in thrift store clothes
ESFP: Goes out dressed in designer clothes
ENFP vs ENFJ
ENFP: *Person admits feelings to them or asks them out* “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT DO I DO”
ENFJ: *Admits feelings to crush / crush admits feelings to them* “I HAVE BEEN AWAITING THIS DAY FOR CENTURIES”
ESFP vs ESTP
ESFP: Gets awkwardly hit on at bars
ESTP: Awkwardly hits on people at bars
ESFP vs ESFJ
ESFP: “Yo let’s go dance”
ESFJ: “I’m not really a dancer”
ESTJ vs ENTJ
ESTJ: Has to resist throwing a fit when they don’t get to be the leader/boss/supervisor/alpha/top dog of something
ENTJ: Somehow always ends up being the leader/boss/supervisor/alpha/top dog of everything they do
ESTJ vs ESFJ
ESTJ: Is the person you go to when you need help getting a job
ESFJ: Is the person you go to when you need help texting someone you want to date and/or hook up with
ESTJ vs ESTP:
ESTJ: Honour roll student, multiple sport athlete, on student council and multiple school committees, volunteers and works in their spare time, has a 3-4 GPA through all of high school/college/university, lands a decent job right after graduating
ESTP: Puts how many Tinder matches they have and how much they can bench on their resume
ENFJ vs ESFJ
ENFJ: Seems slutty, is actually pretty wholesome
ESFJ: Seems wholesome, is actually pretty slutty
ENFJ vs ENTJ
ENFJ: Has thoroughly planned out future living situation, relationship, and type of social life
ENTJ: Has thoroughly planned out future career and how to attain it