Since the MBTI system has been in place, there’s been the unavoidable “classifications” of the 16 types. The most widely accepted one is the temperaments (NT, NF, SJ, SP) It works, but definitely has its flaws. Like, do ISTJs and ESFJs really have THAT much in common other than being law-abiding citizens guided by stability? If so, then why aren’t INTJs and ENFJs pitted in the same category? My favorite personal way is the “Pi/Pe/Je/Ji-Dom’’ system. I find that the personality types within these groups tend to operate on a day to day basis more similarly and display more similar behavior. For those who never heard of it, it goes something like this: Perceiving dominants (IxxJ, ExxJ, IxxP, ExxP). The judgment functions then become secondary (Thinking and feeling). So I thought I would summarize them each with their own nifty little title. Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, not gospel, so go ahead and criticize.
Pi-Doms (ISTJ, ISFJ, INTJ, INFJ): The soldiers
-Pi-Doms’ name of their game is ’‘stability”. Their Dominant function absorbs information subjectively and constantly wonders what is the safest route to make it through this life. ISxJs will use their personal experience and compare it when faced with anything new, INxJs will analyze what is beneath the surface of what they are seeing and set their sails for the best path accordingly.
- Their auxiliary function becomes their tool in making their way into this world. IxFJs will tap into the social atmosphere and easily fit in society, even helping their fellow men. While IxTJs will look at the world wondering what is objectively the best course of action in making things happen.
- Their tertiary function is how they make their personal judgement of things. IxFJs will analyze what makes sense to them objectively, while IxTJ will ponder about their inner motivation and what personally matters to them.
-Their inferior function is a danger zone where they feel everything will spiral downward really fast if they tap into it. ISxJs worry that every new event will lead to disaster and have a hard time dealing with the unexpected, whereas INxJs find the real, immediate sensory world to be somewhat unreliable and dangerous.
Pe-Doms (ESFP, ESTP, ENFP, ENTP):The livewires
-Simply put, Pe-Doms are like letting a kid loose at the zoo, amusement park or toy store and telling them they have “carte blanche” for 24 hours. So of course they will try to squeeze in everything they can during that time period, metaphorically pulling on every lever in sight to see what will happen.
- Their auxiliary function serves as judgement to decide what they put priority in; emotional matters (ESFP, ENFP) or technical matters (ESTP, ENTP).
- Their tertiary function helps them not to get too carried away with things. ESFPs and ENFPs will wonder what is the best logical course of action (Te) while ESTPs and ENTPs will remind themselves that they belong to a social system and other people matter.
- Their inferior function is like a parent nagging at them, in other words, it breaks their fun. For ENTPs and ENFPs Si is like Mom reminding you to take your sweater outside because it’s cold, even if you don’t want to. While ESTPs and ESFPs, have their Ni dads reminding them to check both sides of the street before crossing it.
Je-Doms (ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, ENFJ):The leaders
- Je-Doms’ first priority is organization, whether it be people or things. They thus, “attack” the world aggressively which can make them overbearing at times, but in reality they are the pillars of this society. They all evaluate what needs to be done effortlessly and make it happen.
- Their auxiliary function serves as to what route they want to make this happen with ESTJs and ESFJs preferring their personal experience and what has been known to work, whereas ENTJs and ENFJs prefer to focus on the unknown and forge a path to safety.
- Their tertiary function is better known as the “fun” function. It allows them to let loose and throw their cares away, which they desperately need after all this focus on leading. ESTJs and ESFJs will want to explore new interests in life whereas ENTJs and ENFJs will just…..give in to what they want to do now. But in both cases, they did their homework, and most likely deserve it.
-Their inferior function represents a repressed child crying for help. For ESTJs and ENTJs they have to remind themselves what they emotionally want whereas for ESFJs and ENFJs, they have to learn to take a step back and objectively analyze what’s going, disregarding how they feel about it.
Ji-Doms (ISTP, ISFP, INTP, INFP): The nomads
- Ji-Doms are all about one thing: Their personal needs and expression of said needs. They focus mostly on their individuality regardless if it fits within the social mold. IxFPs judge things on what makes sense to their inner values, and IxTPs judge things on what just……..makes sense, period.
- Their auxiliary function allows them to express themselves. ISxPs are more visceral and what to experience life first hand on their own terms. They have a tendency towards a “flashy” appearance (i.e. tattoos, latest designer clothes) INxPs however, have a penchant for a more provocative, upbeat appearance (Purple hair? Why not? It’ll get people guessing…)
- Their tertiary function is really interesting. It makes them take pause and ponder about the deeper implication of things (ISxPs) or remember what has always mattered to them (INxPs). In both cases, it serves as a “safety” zone.
- The inferior function is what all Ji-Doms seem to rebel against. IxFPs find that Te is suffocating and destroys their individuality and freedom whereas IxTPs find that Fe forces them into being someone that they are not.
WHY DON’T I SEE ANYTHING ABOUT THE FACT THAT A JUDGE DECIDED THAT EVERY MUSLIM OUT OF ALL THE SEVEN BANNED COUNTRIES IS ALLOWED TO COME TO THE USA WITH A VALID VISA ON MY DASH? WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS? THIS IS AWESOME!!!
Thank God that Genndy doesn’t use Twitter nor Tumblr ...
Because judging from how volatile some within the fandom are right now, invading the #jashi tag for three straight days with derogatory terms, verbally attacking some of the other members for having different views on the series, throwing a fit over two fictional characters becoming a canon couple I now firmly believe that we reached a level now where it’s worse than the Steven Universe fandom, no small feat I might add.
If no one is aware of what I am referring to, allow me to display this page from Tv Tropes on how far some of their “fans” took it once they allowed their anger at a ship becoming partially canon to cross the line.
Yes, Lauren Zuke had a mental meltdown because people on Tumblr lost their shit over two characters becoming potentially canon and took their anger on her for days. The culprits were from Tumblr.
Now I am less concerned about whether Jack x Ashi is canon or not or of the series in general, I don’t and can’t tolerate this ridiculous behavior of people within the fandom going at each other like entitled children, invading each other’s tags during what is supposed to be their leisure time, the verbal harassment on some of the members that are pouring their hearts on to their artwork of what they enjoy to ship and also now recently going after Phil Lamarr and Tara Strong’s Twitter as well.
Quit invading the #jashi tag with your derogatory shit, stop harassing Tara Strong and Phil Lamarr, and get over yourself about a fictional series and ship.
Summary: In which you’re sure you’ll hate Park Jimin with every fiber of your being for the rest of your existence, even after he is assigned your tutor for History of Magic. Pairing: Jimin | Reader Genre: Fluff/Smut; Harry Potter AU Word Count: 17,321 Author’s Note: This got insanely long, and I apologize but also not really. Inspired by @jeonbegins + her really dope HP Slytherin Jimin AU edit. I also had a little conversation with @minsvga about this and she helped me figured out the basic idea for what this story has become; and @chokemejimin has asked to be tagged in my HP work so here you go my dear!!!
No matter how hard you try, it seems as if you are always bested by Park Jimin in every aspect of life: from Quidditch to school to class popularity.
And you absolutely despise him for it.
Granted, it’s probably because he’s always simply excelled in everything while you could only manage the minimum requirement for things outside of the sport you’ve grown to be so passionate about—but that’s only deepened your dislike for the boy. It’s been like this since the pair of you were children, a rivalry already planted between you even before you knew what the term meant. Truthfully, it was pretty much written in the stars that you would develop some deep-rooted grudge against Jimin, for he was organized into Slytherin while you were put in the fiery red and gold of Gryffindor.
Beyond the clashing Houses that have officially formed your backgrounds, it doesn’t help that the boy has seemed to uphold a particular interest in doing whatever he could to see you fidget or watch you squirm or just catch you at your worst moments—although you humor yourself on the idea that these unfortunate incidents occur to you because of Park Jimin’s constant hovering. It’s a habit that’s grown since the first week of your admission into Hogwarts, in which your big mouth scored you your first detention with the infamous Professor Snape.
It’s a moment that marks the beginning of an unspoken battle between the pair of you—in which you would constantly attempt to prove yourself better than Park Jimin and Park Jimin doing everything he could to make sure you could never have that victory. During the first two years of school, this would mean beating you on every exam, knowing the answers to every question and teasing you for not knowing. Professors putting Jimin on a pedestal, marking him up as the ‘ideal student’ and unknowingly intensifying the dagger of hatred you wished to plunge deeper and deeper into his chest.
When you are twelve, you are told that there is certainly no way for you to truly despise of something (or someone)—for you are young and naive and not entirely capable to understand what it means to hate something with every fiber of your being.
“saying you’re asexual is gross because you’re over sharing personal sexual preferences” congratulations!! your disgust at asexuals informing you of their sexuality is aphobic
“asexuals are just straight people who want to be part of the lgbt community” congratulations!! you just barred lgbt aces from their own community
“asexuals haven’t suffered the way lgbt folk have throughout history!” congratulations!! you just used the erasure and stigma against non-sexual people throughout history to shut down any discussion of how countless aces have and still do experience social ostracism, are sexually assaulted by folk with zero respect for their orientation and endure the psychological trauma of this indifference
“asexuality is just a preference, not an orientation!!” congratulations!! you’re using the exact same rhetoric that was used to discriminate lgbt+ people to invalidate aces
“when an ace person tells me they don’t like sex they’re judging me for liking it” congratulations!! you are so vain you believe that someone not enjoying something you enjoy means you should not be enjoying it wow I sure hope no one tells you they hate food
“aces are not allowed to reclaim the q slur” the reclamation of that word is entirely up to the preference of the individual to identify themselves and did you ever consider that maybe many aces identify themselves as queer because as soon as they say they’re ace all y'all crusty aphobes jump down their throats??
asexuality is a sexual orientation with a large spectrum that encompasses both lgbt and non lgbt folk and you cannot bar us all from the lgbt community for this reason
aquiver (adj.) [uh-kwiv-er] in a state of trepidation or vibrant agitation; trembling; quivering
• pairing: min yoongi x
reader • genre/warnings: mature
themes, talk of masturbation, smut, language, fluff • words: 11,520 → summary: Yoongi can’t remember
the last time he was able to successfully bring himself to the point of orgasm,
then Namjoon gives him a business card advertising ‘Healing Hands’, and that’s
where he meets you; pretty and innocent looking, who gets paid to provide hand
jobs for a living… • note. inspired by the
novella ‘The Grownup’ by Gillian Flynn, literally just the character’s past
one day i’m going to open a bar, okay, and the name is going to be a werewolf pun?? or a reference?? and it’s gonna be themed. just slightly. like, blue moon beer or a full moon cocktail or whatever. not too obvious but noticeable. and i’m gonna make sure all my bartenders and staff are like, kind of buff and hairy looking, right? and maybe one of them will wear contacts. they always avoid eye contact, but just enough where patrons might see it from the corner of their eye, just for a second. and it will always be closed on full moons and the days surrounding it, right? it will say some bullshit like “reserved for a private venue” every time but if anyone tries to book it, no matter how early they are, it will always, always already be booked. i might leave some torn slightly red-stained clothes in the corner behind the bar, just barely visible. i’ll make sure some of the staff/visitors that i hired or whatever are eating really rare, almost raw (not unhealthily but noticeably) burgers. one or more of them sniff people randomly. one of the bartenders constantly makes bad werewolf/wolf puns and jokes to anyone who will listen. all the staff and a few regulars will chuckle. patrons sometimes hear them mutter something about irony. some of the regulars and bartenders discuss hunting a bit too much. one of the deer heads on the wall looks like it was bitten into. several regulars are constantly overheard debating how inaccurate various tv shows and movies are, such as “twilight”, “teen wolf”, and “the wolfman”, which all dissolves into a debate over various plot points and who’s the best character. (”c’mon, it’s obviously stiles!” “but he’s not a werewolf, man, side with your own people!” they ignore the stares they get at that.) there are a few dog beds behind the bar that are covered in hair, but pets aren’t allowed in the bar, and no one has ever seen a dog on the premises. if anyone asks about werewolves who isn’t one of the staff or regulars, they’re immediately met with dead silence and judging stares. until they leave. they never return. there are pictures of various staff members with large… suspiciously wolf-like dogs… on the wall. people overhear staff complaining about how they ripped their favorite shirt last night and it was annoying. one of the bartenders has clear scars from long claws disappearing into their sleeves. another has a bitemark on their collarbone and too much chest hair. anyone who tries to get hired is also met with dead silence, except for when i’ve told them to come in, in which case the manager sniffs them up and down, gives them an intense look, and brings them to the back room for “privacy”. there are an unusually low amount of deer in the nearby forest. guys. guys. i’m gonna make everyone in town think my bar is a werewolf den. this is gonna be so fucking great when i have money and time and less depression
•This ink better not freaking bleed through the page
•I wish I started journaling sooner
•ugh I ruined it
•What if someone secretly reads my journal when I’m not home??!
•Should I hide my journal?
•Oh god if someone read this and shared it to everyone I’d be ruined
•Why doesn’t everyone keep a journal? How can you not?!
•Damn I suck at this
•I’m gonna get off of tumblr so I can journal some more [keeps scrolling for an hour]
•I really wanna journal but I don’t feel like it
•Hmm… so if I manage to do an entry really quickly I can get to bed by 2am and still have 6 hours of sleep!
•Should I post this on tumblr? Yeah! Wait nah…
•Am I gonna let my future grandkids read this? [entry: I’m so fuckin horny] oh maybe not.
•If I keep going at the rate I’m going with completing an average of two pages a day, this journal will be filled on June 6th.
•Oh my god if there was ever a fire I swear I’d run back inside to grab all my journals.
•What IF there was a fire? All that work would be gone!
•What if I commit a crime and all my journals get gathered as evidence and they find a paper trail?
•What if the judge reads it allowed in court!
•Nah I have nothing to worry about. I’m a law abiding citizen.
•Wait… there was that one time that I…
•Should I write this down or would that be too personal..?
•What if I just started writing in code just in case?
•Ugh this drawing sucks
•Why is everyone so good at this and I’m so bad?
•I wanna paste this in, but it’ll make the journal too thick and uneven!
•Ahh this journal smells so good
•Oh man and so does this glue! Wait, you can get high from glue, right?
•I wonder what my entries would look like if I did them all while high…
•I feel so mean writing this.
•I’m dedicating this page to _______. I’ll even let them read it [but you never do]
•This is so sloppy lol what am I doing
•What if I just stopped journaling… will my journal think I died?
•Oooh I’m going to order this journal! It’s perfect! Oh wait, it’s too ______
•Oh here’s a better one. Oh but this one doesn’t have ______
•Haha this spread is so cheesy
•What if _____ found this and read it??
•I can’t wait to finish this journal so I can start my next one
•Is my journal a boy or a girl?
•If anyone went through my journal I’d beat them up.
•What will happen with my journals when I die?
& with it being 2017.
Having seen 25 birthdays.
Marrying the most gorgeous woman whose skin color is different than mine.
& together creating a little girl who has such a mixture in her & is the epitome of everything that is holy.
I’m both ashamed & conscious that even though the world is better..
This better isn’t even close to good enough.
Practically a sheet of paper difference.
We’ve allowed it to be cause for so much turmoil.
..when in truth, no one has more value than the other.
Because we all love.
We all hurt.
We all want a good life.
& the crazy thing is, it’s possible.
But with all the animosity because “their skin isn’t like ours.”
Good will never fully come.
Practically a sheet of paper difference.
You take that away.
& I ask you.. what will you judge me on?
..because I will never be a perfect human being.
But I will always be one who strives to be better.
& though my mistakes can be catastrophic.
My redemption will always be more.
So I have to say it.
For the strangers that kill over the difference.
For the families that show indifference with the spouse, but love the kid without prejudice.
For those I know, who disagree with one’s choices in who they love because of that difference, so they make sure to never let anyone else make the same “bad choice” as long as they have a role to play.
& for myself, so that I never become a part of the problem.. so that my daughter can love & feel loved from all those around her.
That last post has given me a terrible idea: a musical composition version of Iron Chef.
Each contestant gets a workstation with a standardised set of MIDI hardware and royalty-free sound effect libraries, and is allowed one hour to compose a piece in a totally made up genre revealed at the start of the show.
Like: “Today’s genre is… BEECORE!”
If you wanted a more Cutthroat Kitchen vibe, you could also have screwjob challenges like being forced to incorporate a wildly inappropriate audio clip or taking away your low-pass filter, or whatever.
Only question is, who the hell would you get to judge it?
“I think that friendship is as powerful as true romantic love. And I think that friendship can save you, and heal the parts of you that you didn’t know were broken, and change your life.” - Sarah J Maas
→ Pairing: Yoongi/Reader → Word Count: 11,085 →Genre/Warnings: Soulmate AU, Angst → Chapter Index
ADDITIONAL WARNINGS FOR THIS CHAPTER: suicide is sort of insinuated.
let out a low sigh at the vibration of your phone going off, this
seeming to be the millionth time it had sounded and you were
beginning to lose your patience.
had rolled over from your side to where you laid flatly on your back,
the never ending vibrations
had ripped you from your slumber, something that not even Taehyung
was brave enough to do.
In late October, the president made 28 promises for his first 100 days. These were not the only promises the president made for his first 100 days, but they comprised the “contract with the American voter” Trump introduced immediately before the election.
Here are Trump’s promises, followed by where they stand:
• "Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.“ Not proposed.
• "A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety and public health).” Done, then rolled backthis month.
• "A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.“ Done.
• "A five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.” Done for White House officials, with loopholes.
• "A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.“ Done.
• "A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.” Not done.
• "I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.“ Done.
• "I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.” Done.
• "I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.“ Not done — says he won’t.
• "I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.” Done.
• "I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.“ In process: Trump ordered a review of what regulations to cut.
• "Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.” Done.
• "Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.“ Not done.
• "Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.” Done.
• "Begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.“ Done. Neil Gorsuch was confirmed to the Supreme Court.
• "Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities.” Done, but blocked by federal judge.
• "Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.“ Done.
• "Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.” Done, but blocked by federal courts — twice.
Overall, Trump is 14 for 18 on these actions and measures.
Trump also promised to introduce ten pieces of legislation in his first 100 days. He has introduced or announced three of them.
• Cut taxes for the middle class and businesses. Announced: Trump’s tax plan cuts the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%, but it’s unclear how the plan will help the middle class.
• Establish tariffs on goods created by U.S. companies overseas and shipped back. Not done.
• Leverage public-private partnerships to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. Not done.
• Let parents send their child to the school of their choice. Not done.
• Fully repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace with a conservative option. Introduced.
• Allow Americans to deduct child care and elder care from their taxes. Not done.
• Fully fund construction of a wall between the U.S. and Mexico. Not done.
• Increase training and support for local police to fight violent and drug crimes. Not done.
• Increase funding for the military, reform the Veterans Administration. Announced.
• Enact new ethics reforms to “drain the swamp.” Not done.
Trump is 0 for 10 on passage of those pieces of legislation, and 3 for 10 on introducing or announcing them. Read more(4/28/17)
It's the Season of Witchcraft so some things for baby witches ☆
• Witchcraft isn’t something you have to do all the time. Sure, magic is always with you if you allow it but you don’t constantly have to do spells or whatever because it’s your magic and your time.
• There’s no lifetime pact. If you want to give it up, it’s 100% okay, nobody should judge you over it.
• Not every book of shadows/grimoire/etc. looks fancy, so don’t feel intimidated
• Cultural appropriation my guys. It’s a thing.
• Anything can symbolize anything if that’s what you associate it with. Cultural differences in symbolism doesn’t mean one is more correct than the other. I mean like, I use super glue to “seal my intent”
• Not everything is an omen
• You don’t need to pray to a god you don’t believe in. You don’t have to be Wiccan or Pagan to be a witch. There are loving Christian/Jewish witches that exist if that’s what you are comfortable with.
• You don’t have to buy everything, especially not some expensive ass stones just to be seen as a real witch
• All you have to do in order to be a Real Witch is just to say that you’re a witch. That’s it. Bippidy boppidy boo ☆
• Some witches on Tumblr? Hella rad. Others? Can be a bit on the iffy side, so don’t feel compelled to follow every witch blog if you’re not comfortable with someone
• Read up on safety! What herbs are ingestible? What can I burn? What stones are safe to put in drinkable potions? Look it up before you hurt yourself, darlings.
• If you live with or around people who you think won’t tolerate magic and witchcraft, please be safe. Your safety is important above all else.
• Have fun with your magic and be comfortable with it, because at the end of the day that’s what it’s all about ♡
percy: screencapped and emailed to my lawyer. She will have filed charges by tomorrow afternoon. By law We must allow you 48 hours to remove the offending material. If not, you will be charged with defamation of character, libel, and criminal mischief, all misdemeanors. You will face a judge trial.
As introverts, we love being alone with oodles and oodles of books. Our houses are almost always stocked to the brim with our favorite snacks, our Netflix always ready to be used, and our furry companions are never far from our side. Outside of being an avid reader (though I’m in a slump right now), I’m also an avid gamer as well. I love being lost in the worlds of whatever video game I happen to be playing. I know I’m not the only one. Video games allow us to be connected without actually having other people around. They fill our lives with immeasurable joy and excitement we can control. Video games allow us to do whatever we want and not get in trouble or be judged. What’s your favorite video game series and why? What’s your favorite gaming system(s)? (I LOVE the Bioshock series to pieces.)