do you ever feel embarrassed or anxious about posting your work? i'm just starting out as far as illustration goes and I want to put myself out there but i'm also aware that i'm a beginner and not that good yet & i don't want people to laugh at me :/ lol
a aah I do. all the time, even now, seconds after posting something. the cycle mostly goes like this:
- finish artwork
- looks neat! ready to upload!
- no wait there are 1994783 mistakes
- OK now time to upload
- upload looks great now so fab
- 15 sec after “shit why did I even post this haha no one cares and I just found another 2883 mistakes”
- BUT!!! I keep telling myself that to be honest it’s ME who shouldn’t care about how many notes it gets, it even depends on the time you upload, whether there’s a big hype of the fandom right now etc. No one will laugh at you (if they do they’re huge asses and most probably can’t do better).
But /you/ are trying to get better, and it already takes a lot of courage to even just put yourself and your art out there. So that deserves respect, and isn’t smth to laugh about (again, if someone does, let me whoop their ass)!
My art wasn’t really great (in my point of view) either when I first started uploading here. And I barely got notes. But I just continued bc I drew for myself and it’s fun! so just go!! for! itttt!!!! 👊💥💥💥