- Beach, transportation and shop publics works projects; say choosing between a bus stop or train station, or choosing between a gardening store and a refurbishing store. It allows for more differences in towns and makes it so people are more likely to visit other players in order to get shop specific items
- More plants and gardening options, flower boxes and pots as pwp (that aren’t just a 2 x 2 square of dirt)
- Jobs, new daily that lets the player work part time at more than just brewsters, also make it so villagers occasionally work- this could even depend on villager personalities being related like cranky villagers being more likely to work at the museum and so on.
- Bring back AC:CF maps with hills and more randomly generated layouts.
- House sign/plot pwp or something similar to those found in City Folk- can be a public works project or possibly something you’d buy from nooks that allows you to choose the spots where villagers could move. Would work so that each sign is a possible place where the villager could move so long as it was in a viable area
PROMPT: 3 times Gavin’s wings were the prettiest things Ryan saw, and one time Ryan’s were the prettiest Gavin saw. (King AU)
For @justisaisfine - thank you so much for your generosity and support <3 <3 <3
“So you’re the thief King Ramsey has so wisely decided to let into the castle.”
Ryan raises his eyebrows as Gavin jumps, whirling around from where he was perched on the edge of the castle’s tallest turret. His eyes widen, and Ryan fights a smirk. He knows he makes an imposing sight - the Royal Sorcerer, with his heavy black robes sewn with shimmering silver runes, his hood casting his face into shadow. Especially for an outsider, new to the kingdoms, who knows him only from rumour.
dave strider realizing hes gay/bisexual and coming to terms with his abusive childhood makes him so much more of a character than he was as the token “main character’s best friend who is cagey, funny, and a dick”
fandom often headcanons or reads labels/experiences like these onto lots of mediocre, kinda funny, and assholish dude characters – but dave is the real deal. dave strider expressed softness and kindness and introspection in canon in a way that was not corny or forced, and most importantly did not come at the expense of women (i would argue he was 100% more of a stepping stone for terezi’s arc than vice versa) and for that i appreciate him a lot
despite all of andrew hussie’s flaws and questionable/problematic/bad writing, he did a good thing by bringing dave strider into text. he did even more good by allowing his character to have depth in a way that is uncommon for boy characters.
homestuck broke so many molds (at least from my fandom experience) by having a super likable male character who was funny, witty, and complex… AND a gay/bi self-admitted survivor of abuse.
Keith: (slowly and a little too loud) Hey, It’s me Keith. I am your fa-ther. We are bonding? Yes?
Lance: Keith, no. Just no. You know, she can’t talk, right? Try again. Just talk to her, like a normal person and not, I don’t know, like you are a robot who works with the elderly, maybe?
Keith: Hi, I’m your dad.
Keith: Well, one of your dads. You have two dads. Your other dad, Lance, he is going to be a great dad. You’re a lucky little girl. Honestly, I have no idea what I am doing, but I’ll love you. I love you now, more than I thought I could ever love someone I just met. And I promise I will always protect you. In fact, I’d slaughter-
Lance: Uh, I’m gonna stop you there, Keith. Up until the slaughtering, you were doing great. Can I have our baby back, now?
(Lance looks like a man who regrets his life choices and it cracks me up. He doesn’t. Just the fact that Keith really has no clue about babies is dawning on him.)