Favorite moments from the wedding:
Way more tears than I ever expected. I was crying left and right.
bee getting stuck between the layers of my tulle dress (that thing was a
bug net!) and gently trying to get out without frightening it. "Don’t
get nervous little guy…You’ve got a big job to do…You’re not dying
here. You’ve gotta pollinate the world!“ (The bee made it.)
high five after his vows. He did well, despite writing them the night before. All about how he has horrible
luck, and how I taught him that we make our own luck…And that we
probably shouldn’t go to Vegas anytime soon because we used up all his
luck on me. My pride and joy was the line in my vows that said, “I will be the DPS to you healer” and all the gamers in the audience shed a tear.
- A flower pedestal falling over right after
the officiant said, “And for those of you who couldn’t be here or have
passed, you are here in spirit.” My grandma was there, no doubt.
out for our first look, it’s sprinkling just slightly, I tap Harrison
on the shoulder and I don’t even wait to let him see me because I’m just
crying and hugging him and so overwhelmed by the moment. I don’t think
that’s how the first look is supposed to go, haha, oops!
- Singing I Want You Back to a room full of my friends singing and dancing along with me.
- My cute dusty pink jellies that I wore because there was no way this girl was wearing heels in the grass.
- Singing Rivers and Roads with one of my bridesmaids and best friends to close out the night. Belting is hard through happy tears.
- Hearing my student, @braveasabadger , rock it with my husband at the keys, friends on drums and bass, and my voice teachers listening in. So proud. (Also, the Star Wars book she got Harrison had him entranced, so good work, Lucy.)
- Friends from all over the world coming together for a day, and watching as they all become friends over the night. The best.
with so many incredible musicians and friends. Which is so hilarious,
because notoriously, when Harrison asked me to jam when we first met, I
said no. (For clarification, I thought he was way too good and way too
cute and I didn’t want embarrass myself…But as he says, we finally
got to jam.)
- Singing Jenny (Flight of the
Conchords) after our first song (Overjoyed) and completely shocking
everyone with Harrison’s hilarious acting abilities.
- New name. That’s weird. And really fun. (I keep telling Harrison to say my name and he says super slowly, “Christiiiiiiine…. W…hat was that?”)
officiant is one of my closest friends, the woman who took care of me
growing up while my mom was at work. I’ve since taken care of her kids
for years, and she is like a second mother to me. At the rehearsal
dinner, she said this in a speech: “I asked your mom once, isn’t it hard
to leave your kids every day for work? And she said, isn’t it so
wonderful for both of them to know that there is this incredible
community that loves them and cares for them and will be there when I’m
not. And that’s what this room–that community that loves you more than
anything.” (Did I mention there were a lot of tears last weekend?)
was magical, it was perfect. My car may be totaled in a hit and run on
the morning of (still waiting on the shop to get a final verdict on the
severity) but hey, I’m married, and it was the perfect weekend. The
day flew by, but I enjoyed every moment and wouldn’t change any of it
for the world.