whats ur basic relationship advice(s)
Every relationship is different, but these are some things that tend to ring true across the board.
- Have fun. No matter what age or how long you’ve been together, you should always be able to make each other laugh.
- Let your partner have their own passions and life. Have your own too.
- Compromise. Relationships are about balance and finding happy mediums.
- Touch. Being physically close and connected to each other is what creates that amazing comforting bond. Don’t ignore that, a little goes a long way.
- Date somebody that you would be friends with.
- Listen. Pay attention to the little things, to the dreams they think are too crazy or a throwaway comment of their interests. Showing thoughtfulness is such a sign of love and respect.
- Be honest, especially about your feelings, needs and expectations.
- Never leave the house in a fight
- Know that it won’t always be easy, but that’s no reason to give up.
- Accept that nobody is perfect. You aren’t, so don’t hold unrealistic expectations for someone else. Love them as you love yourself unconditionally as you both work to improve yourselves.
- Know the other person’s love language. This helps you communicate better, understand one another’s mindset and make sure you both feel cared about.
- Don’t take things too seriously. I feel like this is general life advice, but make time to see the positive and do things that will make you happy. Keep that playful element.
- Finally, its great for your partner to be your best friend, but don’t let them be your only friend.