It’s 626 day!! So here are some of my favorite pictures from with my favorite rascal alien boy :) I miss working with Stitch so much. He was fun, he was genuine and gentle and could also get away with pretty much anything.
Also story time: I worked in a place we called Flag Pole with my ‘good friend’ (audible wink) Stitch. I was there several times a week for 4 months. And every day, Stitch would try to smooth talk his way into getting a cotton candy from the cart on his way to his coffee break. And he was never successful.
Until it was my last day with the good alien. Then, THEN he was finally given the cotton candy. After weeks of trying. Thus, the victory pose.
tony stark is the best developed character in mcu. the tony from iron man 1 to tony in the spiderman homecoming trailers is so different, but yet still the same person. it is really hard for movies to capture a character’s growth without it seeming like they are completely changing them and i really appreciate the skill that it took to keep that from happening to tony. ten years of growth has made this selfish childish adult turn into this old soul. one who sacrifices himself. one who grows attachments to people and is afraid of loosing them. one who is trying to learn from his mistakes. one who is trying to lead others to do better than him and shelter them with the love he never really got.
I’m emailing someone at a trade show display company named Elizabeth Bennett.
Now I’m imagining this person asking me about artwork for a custom pop up frame is in a 19th century dress and a wide brimmed hat with ribbons, getting ready to tell me the design is only barely tolerable.
20 Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Pirates Of The Caribbean.
1. During the filming of On Stranger Tides, Johnny Depp spent over $60,000 out of his own pocket to buy waterproof jackets for 500 crew members to protect them from the cold, wet weather.
2. While filming in London in October 2010, Johnny Depp received a letter from a local 9-year old schoolgirl, telling him her classmates needed help to ‘mutiny’ against her teachers. He turned up with almost no warning at the school in full Sparrow outfit, but advised against mutiny.
3. In Curse Of The Black Pearl, Johnny Depp improvised many of his lines, including the notorious, “Bring me that horizon,” and Jack Sparrow’s catch phrase, “Savvy?"
4. Depp and Verbinski have a funny way of describing Jack running
away from danger. They both compared it to a “lizard running on water.” Looking
back at pirates of the caribbean, we can totally see where they’re coming from.
5. The cast and crew walked away from filming with tons of
“treasure.” When production wrapped, many of the people who worked on the film (including Johnny Depp) picked props out from the treasure cave to take home. According to Verbinski, not a single one of the cursed coins was left behind.
6. Geoffrey Rush was afraid that people wouldn’t notice him on screen when he and Keira Knightley were in the same scene. He came up with a solution, however. He thought that viewers watched films the same way they read books - from left to right - and thus, tried to be on the left side of the shot as much as possible so that people would notice him before they noticed Keira.
7. Robert De Niro was originally offered the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. However, he turned down the role because he thought that the film would do poorly in box offices.
8. Keira Knightley was only 17 years old when they started shooting the first Pirates Of The Caribbean. Because she was a minor, her mother had to accompany her to all of the shooting locations.
9. Johnny Depp’s character, Captain Jack, is portrayed as having gold teeth in the film. The gold teeth were actually Depp’s idea, but he predicted that executives would want fewer gold teeth than he wanted. So Depp told his dentist to implant extra gold teeth as a bargaining tool. After negotiations with the film executives, Sparrow’s final number of gold teeth in the film was what Depp had envisioned all along.
10. If you pay attention throughout The Curse Of The Black Pearl, there is a scab on Jack Sparrow’s chin that gradually gets bigger and bigger. Many thought that it was a mistake, but Depp revealed later that his was a prank he and his makeup artist had thought of together.
11. Clothing and smears of charcoal were used to conceal Johnny Depp’s numerous tattoos. The "Jack Sparrow” tattoo on his arm in the movie is a fake, but he actually got a real replica after finishing the film, in honor of his son Jack.
12. Originally, Johnny Depp wanted Jack Sparrow to have no nose and be afraid of silly things like pepper and the common cold. Disney rejected the idea.
13. Jack Sparrow is known for his outrageous face makeup, but he didn’t start with that look. While filming in a cave, excessive makeup was added to all of the characters so they wouldn’t looked washed out on film. When the crew realised how cool the makeup looked on Johnny Depp, they continued to use it on him for the rest of the movie.
14. The moment when Elizabeth kissed Jack Sparrow in Dead Man’s Chest was purposefully cut out of Orlando Bloom’s script so that the cameras could get a genuine, shocked reaction from him.
15. The fourth installation, On Stranger Tides, was the most expensive film ever made at the time, not adjusted for inflation. The budget ran to $300,000,000. That’s more than the budget of all three Lord Of The Rings films combined.
16. Johnny Depp based his performance on Keith Richards because he thought that pirates were just 18th century versions of rockstars.
17. The names of the three main characters are all related to birds: Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, and William Turner, who was a famous ornithologist.
18. The scene where Orlando Bloom impersonates Johnny Depp’s performance was devised by Bloom who asked producer Jerry Bruckheimer if he could put it into the movie.
19. According to the screenwriters’ commentary on the DVD, Will Turner is actually the best swordsman in the film, Barbossa and Commodore Norrington are evenly matched, and Jack Sparrow is the worst.
20. During filming of On Stranger Tides in London a 'Jack Sparrow’ impersonator just walked onto the set. The guards did not think to ask for any ID as he looked so much like the character.
remember that rob mcelhenney was 25 years old waiting tables in LA with a failing acting career and shot a pilot (basically for free) with his two best friends, which ended up becoming FXX’s most watched show that will run for at least 14 seasons, tying it as the longest running sitcom in american television history