I love seeing those posts where people are like “if you have headmates or whatever you should be on meds because that’s not okay” posts. Like neurotypicals just think that there’s some magical pill out there that will ‘cure’ anything they don’t consider 'normal.’ Meanwhile, in the land of reality, my shrink thinks it’s pretty healthy that I’m finally getting to know my headmates, and has no intention of putting me on magic pills, because as long as I’m not hurting myself or anyone else, who cares what neurotypicals think is 'normal?’ Actually, let’s be real: who cares what neurotypicals think at all?
my MC is half native half white.he is not close to his culture+background because his native parent doesn’t not live with him.where he lives it is also considered by others shameful to be native because of political reasons.he later on meets a group of natives and starts to become more spiritual and happy w/ himself. is it bad to make him happy only when he starts to learn more about his heritage? is it cliche? he also starts to grow his hair at this time to feel more connected to his heritage.
Alright so. I’m going to remind everyone that if you’re going to send in a question, pick a tribe. But this question in particular is hitting a note with Indigenous cultural experience that I feel very, very necessary to address.
Forced seizure and adoption of Native individuals is a very real part of being Native. A Cree elder I spoke to is a lawyer who specializes in stopping these seizures. One particularly memorable reason she had to stop a child being taken from an “unfit parent” was the parent didn’t have laundry on site. That’s just one of many ridiculous examples that happened, and still happens to this day.
If you’re dealing with somebody mixed who doesn’t have his Native parent live with him, you’re potentially dealing with an unfair custody ruling and a whole whacking bunch of racism around the start of it. The assumption that he lives in an area where it’s shameful to be Native points to a massive lack of cultural sensitivity from the white parent, which is sadly extremely common. As a result: it would be very much not cliche to have him be happier when he reconnects with his heritage. He’s going to stop learning to be ashamed of himself and start undoing the colonial legacy of the 60s Scoop and residential schools. He could always feel conflicted about what to pick, but starting to accept part of your racial identity is a good thing! It means your self hate goes down, it means you stop feeling like you can’t exist the way you are, it means you start to breathe.
I wouldn’t treat it as a completely magic pill— the amount of work that goes into not hating part of your identity is an incredible amount— but no, it is absolutely not cliche to have reconnection= an increase in happiness.
Just please, please educate yourself on the reason Native kids are taken away from their cultures, and understand the white parent should be treated as not a very good person for putting their child through that. Because they aren’t. Teaching your child to be ashamed of their identity is abusive. While you haven’t mentioned the parent directly, that parent still moved to a place where there weren’t many other Natives and there was a cultural message of white as superior. Unless they advocated for the child’s identity, they’re an abuser, full stop.
I always thought all those supplements in the nutrition store were kind of a scam. But these things? These things work. I’m tellin’ ya!
The pills in the yellow bottle are my MuscleGro, and as you can see, they’ve done an amazing job of helping me gain real muscle while at the same time burning off all of that excess body fat that I could never seem to get rid of. The pills in the red bottle are my BeardGro. Before I started taking these things, I used to be able to grow only a little bit of patchy scruff on my chin, but this stuff has given me a full, strong beard that I can really be proud of. I think they’ve increased my overall masculinity, too, giving me a deeper voice and stronger features all around.
The pills in the green bottle are called InkEnhance. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about these ones. After all, I’ve never had any tattoos before! But after my muscles and beard started coming in, I thought maybe adding a couple of tattoos would look kind of cool. I’ve ended up with a couple more tattoos than I expected, but the guy down at the nutrition store said I can always cut back my dosage, and they’ll start fading away.
The most amazing thing about these pills, though, is how quickly they worked. After just two weeks of taking these things, I’ve gone from being kind of an average dude to being a totally fit, muscular, bearded, inked hunk! Heck, I don’t even recognize myself in the mirror right now, and I’ve had an even harder time explaining to my friends and family how I’ve made such a massive transformation in such a short amount of time. I’ve tried to tell them about the nutrition store I’ve been going to, but none of them have ever heard of it before. They all think I’ve been doing steroids or something, but I tell ya, whatever this stuff is, it’s much better than steroids. If you ask me, I think it’s almost magic!
1. If you could have the chance to make out with 5 celebrities, who would you choose and why?
2. If you had to be straight/gay for a day (whichever you’re currently not!), what celebrity would you most like to take on a date?
3. What is the biggest injury you’ve ever sustained and how did you do it?
4. What is the most unusual food you’ve ever eaten?
5. What is the most unique animal you’ve ever touched?
6. What are the top 5 most contrasting songs on your iTunes?
7. Which 3 countries would you LEAST like to live in and why?
8. If you could make just ONE change to this world, what would it be and why?
9. If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in 3 additional languages, which would you choose?
10. Which would you rather out of these 3 options? A- Be good looking and extremely intelligent but so poor you live on the streets. B- Be extremely intelligent and a millionaire but what society classes as ugly. Or C- Be good looking and a millionaire but extremely academically challenged? Why?
11. What are the top 10 movies to make you cry? (Or at least make you sad!)
12. What’s the scariest nightmare you’ve ever had? Describe it in detail.
13. Would you rather raise 25 children or have the chance of ever having children taken away? Why?
14. Would you rather go on a relaxing beach type holiday to the Caribbean, a cultural holiday to Japan or an adventure packed holiday to South Africa?
15. If you went to a desert island for just 6 months but could only take one album with you, what would you take?
16. Put these in order of your favourite movie genre to least- Horror, action, thriller, adventure, superhero, romance, drama, comedy, musical and dance?
17. If you had to lose one of the 5 senses, which would you choose and why?
18. What have been the top 3 most brilliant days of this year? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you like.
19. What do you believe we as human beings take most for granted in this world?
20. How many concerts have you been to in your life and which was your favourite? If you’ve not been to one, who would you most like to see?
21. If your life was about to become like Cheaper By The Dozen and you were going to be saddled with 12 children, what would you name 6 girls and 6 boys?
22. What’s something a stranger has said or done that you will never forget?
23. What do you think happens when we die?
24. What’s the most special hand made present you’ve ever been given?
25. What’s the most frightening thing you’ve ever seen in your life?
26. Name 5 books you think everyone should read and give a brief synopsis for each.
27. Do you believe one can fall out of love?
28. What are your three favourite sounding words?
29. Have you ever had a paranormal experience? If so, what happened?
30. Name 4 things you hope to see happen for you in the new year.
31. List the 7 deadly sins in order of the one you feel you commit the most to the one you feel you commit the least.
32. What’s your current- Desktop picture, phone screensaver, phone lock screen and Facebook Cover Photo?
33. How old were you the last time you went to visit Santa? Talk about that time.
34. Rate your first kiss on a scale of 1-10.
35. What’s the funniest dream you’ve ever had?
36. What are 3 facts you know about your favourite celebrity/character that prove you know too much?
37. Name 5 songs you wish you’d lost your virginity to? (Or would like to lose your virginity to.)
38. Name 5 songs you’d like to have sex to in general.
39. Put your iTunes on shuffle, write down the first line of five songs and give it to me as a poem.
40. Where do you stand on the death penalty? Explain your reasoning.
41. Who are your holy trinity? (3 celebrities or characters that come above any other for you.)
42. Would you rather- A. Have a prickly leaf stuck on your forehead for the rest of your life, B. Suffer 100,000 stings from stinging nettles or C. Get 200 thorns stuck in your body?
43. Top 5 WORST movies you’ve ever sat through?
44. 5 movies you thought you’d hate but ended up loving?
45. Tell a story that involves someone you had a crush on in school.
46. What’s your favourite ever television commercial and why?
47. If you woke up and had 10 million in your bank, what would be the first 3 things you did?
48. You can have 100 million but you have to give 1 million each to 3 different charities, which 3 do you choose?
49. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to you?
50. Would you make out with a person of the gender you’re not attracted to if it meant you could sleep with any celebrity/character of your choice? (If yes, you can choose the person to make out with.)
51. Name 5 facts that the vast majority of people won’t know about you.
52. When was the last time you laughed so hard that tears fell from your face and what was it at?
53. How important do you think education is?
54. Share 5 goals you want completed in the next 30 days.
55. Do you have a toy that’s really special to you and if so what is it, how did you get it?
56. What are 3 traits that you like about yourself and what are three that you dislike about yourself? Personality wise.
57. How did your name get chosen? What’s the story behind it?
58. State 8 facts about your body.
59. Have there ever been rumours spread about you? If so, share them.
60. Are you allergic to anything? If so, what?
61. Describe yourself in one word/sentence- what made you choose that?
62. What are the top five places you wish you could go before you die?
63. Share 7 facts about your childhood.
64. Share 6 facts about your home town.
65. You’re in jail! What did you do?
66. You’re given $10,000…under one condition- you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who do you give it to?
67. Share 5 things you love unconditionally.
68. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?
69. Describe one of the most awkward experiences of your life.
70. Put your iTunes on shuffle and write the first 10 songs that pop up. Explain why each song is on there.
71. Name 5 people who are famous who you find attractive.
72. If you got to spend an entire day with your favourite celebrity what would you choose to do and who would you choose?
73. If you could only listen to one band/artist for the rest of your life, who would you choose and why?
74. You can ask your favourite celebrity 3 questions and they’ve taken a magical truth pill so they will 100% answer honestly, what do you ask?
75. Who do you think is a really underrated celebrity and what do you love about them?
76. What were the last 3 songs you listened to and what do they mean to you?
77. Have you ever been told you look like a famous person. If so, who?
78. What song makes you cry the most?
79. Share 4 facts about your parents.
80. Share 9 facts about your family.
81. Share 5 facts about your best friend(s).
82. What’s the most superficial characteristic you look for in a partner?
83. Share 5 ways to instantly win your heart.
84. Top 10 biggest turn ons?
85. Top 10 biggest turn offs?
86. Have you ever had a poem or song written about you?
87. What is your personal definition of cheating in a relationship?
88. Give a description of the person you dislike the most.
89. Write an open but anonymous letter to a person of your choice.
90. What are your morning and evening routines?
91. If food was people, who would be your best friend, your life partner, your enemy and your ex?