🌟 New to pacifiers? Dismayed it’s not like you hoped it would be? About to give up? I’m here to give you advice!
My first experience with a pacifier wasn’t great. It didn’t feel right and I felt awkward with it. Here are a few tips from my journey with pacifiers. I hope it helps other regressors that feel weird using one.
1. Mouth size matters. Some people, like myself, have shallow mouths in which adult pacifiers do not sit comfortably. My tongue bar also effects how it sits, so if you have mouth tongue jewelry it may not sit right.
2. There are different types of nipples. If you only wish to use a pacifier for brief soothing, like me, baby pacifiers are perfectly safe. 6-18+ months. I prefer NUK brand, but don’t be afraid to try a few different ones. Do not use 0-6 months, as the mouth guard and nipple are far too small.
3. If you plan to use a pacifier long term (due to mouth stimming or you find that you regress frequently), do NOT use infant brands. You can push your teeth out of place over long usage. But, just like infant brands, different nipples are available. They tend to be more expensive, so I’m sure it’s not easy to just “buy and try”. Find a shop you trust and message the owner. They can give you tips.
4. Buy baby safe disinfectant pills to soak your pacifier in. Don’t wipe them with home cleaner. Keep it safe for your body.
5. You will drool at times. Expect it. With drooling, be aware of possible issues. I develop mouth sores with excessive usage that I have topical ointment for. Keep your pacis disinfected and brush your teeth before using them to lessen sores or crusties.
6. Laying down to sleep, at first, is a nightmare. The pacifier feels heavy, your jaw hurts if you bit it to keep it in and you will wake up to it lost. Don’t fear! Sucking is a basic instinct and after a few days with your pacifier, you’ll find you naturally suck it to keep it in, like a baby. I hated falling asleep with it at first, now it’s a great destressor. If it falls frequently, try a clip. And disinfect if it falls on the floor.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me questions! 🌟🌟 No porn/NSFW/18+ interaction please. Nonsexual age regressors/littles ONLY🌟