So this is a day late but in my defense I had a ridiculous amount of comics to get through with no one to blame but myself here. And you know what? I genuinely enjoyed almost everything. But does that mean every comic was good this week? And even so what did I think was the best?
Honestly I don’t know how to write these intros for people who wouldn’t be here to read my opinion anyway so let’s just jump into it.
Marvel’s All-New Wolverine, Marvel’s Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, DC’s Detective Comics, DC’s Gotham Academy: Second Semester, DC’s Justice League of America, Image’s Motor Crush, DC’s Superwoman, IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DC’s Titans, IDW’s Transformers: Salvation, DC’s Wonder Woman
Dangan Ronpa games has sold over 200,000 copies in the West!
NIS America CEO and President Takuro Yamashita told the MCV website that the Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair games have sold more than 200,000 copies — on the PS Vita platform alone — in Europe and the United States.
- Jyugo would have no idea what to dress up as. I can see him just throwing a sheet around himself and claiming to be a ghost. Anther addition to the “things Jyugo can’t do” list.
- Nico. this weeb is gonna be Naruto. He is gonna run around with his hands behind his back and start shouting out ninja moves.
- Uno would have one of those kissing booth costumes. He thought it was the perfect costume… until he realized there were no girls around. His cellmates would start joking around asking if a kiss would make it better.
- Rock is a simple man with simple tastes. He goes as a hotdog.
- Honey is obviously go as a sexy vampire. Its just a normal vampire costume, but any costume he puts on automatically becomes sexy.
- Trois is going as a robot. It would seem like a normal costume, but in reality it is an actual robot. Probably designed with x-ray vision.
- Upa would find this whole thing pointless and not want to join in. Uno would provoke him saying that he was probably as bad as jyugo when it came to costumes. Then he would make a
jiangshi costume and spend the whole night scaring Uno.
- This one is a bit of a stretch but bear with me. Liang was like Upa, not planning on dressing up. He would decide to get a shower and skip whatever is going on. He would undo his hair and wash off his makeup. His clothes would be dirty from practice so he would put on a
Changshan. With his petite frame he would be mistaken for a woman. Uno, Trois, and Honey would badger him all night, until Upa explained that he was just wearing a traditional chinese dress worn by men.
- Qi dressed up as a doctor. Upa and Liang would be pestering him all night on how he was so unoriginal.
- Poor, poor Musashi. Since he can’t see someone would have to help him with his. Uno would volunteer and claim to be dressing him up as a cowboy or something. In reality, he dressed him up as a firefighter.
- It would take them forever to finally find Tsukumo. They thought he would be dressed up as a ninja. They found him dressed up as a pirate. When questioned why he said, “ A ninja tries to avoid detection. How would I be able to avoid detection when you were looking for a ninja?”
Diabolik Lovers gets a 2nd anime season & a stage play
The official Twitter account for the anime of Rejet’s Diabolik Lovers video games for women announced on Monday that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. The Sakamaki brothers and the Mukami brothers will make an appearance in the new series.
The staff also announced that a stage play adaptation of the franchise has also been green-lit. The play will be held at the Rikkōkai Theater in Tokyo’s Shinagawa district from August 26 to 30. Details about tickets will be announced at a later time.
So, a while back, after me and my brother had a chin-wagging
session on why Arrow was a legitimately terrible show after Season 2, I decided
to do a little think piece: say I was tasked with rebooting Arrow a couple of
years down the line. How would I do it? What would I change (a lot)? What would
I keep the same (not a lot)? I decided to sit down and write out a basic
outline for a rewritten Arrow Season 1.
…two weeks, 2000+ words and another basic outline for
Season 2 later, I am pleased to present my pitch for Arrow Season 1 under the
cut to anyone who might give a shit.
WARNINGS for: discussion of violence, mental health and
@rawbiredbest Thanks for inspiration for Phasmid Ninja! Hopefully I can find my tablet pen to give them proper lineart and color in the future.
Phasmid Ninja, naturally abhorring the notion of being detected, goes through monumental efforts to remain unseen, adding sticks, leaves, and debris to the natural camouflage of their insect hordes, which also hide under a layer of glamour magic. Due to the lengths they go to hide, Phasmid Ninja is seldom detected in the slightest with most discoveries happening by sheer accident on the seeker’s part or misstep on the Phasmid Ninja’s behalf.
Those who actually encounter the Phasmid Ninja usually either see a fleeing glimpse of their form or are given a defensive whack of their hidden, thorny weapons. Among the few that aren’t treated with immediate wariness, they find a short-term, quiet companion in the Phasmid Ninja.
Waktu kecil, saya punya jadwal rutin pada hari
Ahad semenjak pukul 6 pagi. Bukan untuk berolahraga, ke pasar bersama Ibu, atau
bersepeda bersama teman-teman kampung. Kegiatan itu adalah menonton TV nonstop
semenjak pukul 6 sampai 12 siang. Saya begitu sayang untuk melewatkan kartun
yang diputar nonstop setiap satu jamnya. Mulai dari Ultraman, Chibi
Maruko-chan, Shincan, Doraemon, Inuyasha, Ninja Hatori, Detective Conan, Dragon
Ball, dan seterusnya. Kegiatan rutin seperti makan, mandi, membantu Ibu, saya
lakukan saat sedang iklan. Itupun saya keraskan volume TV agar tau permulaan
acara dengan jeda iklan. Saya nggondok sama serumah kalau tiba-tiba ada
acara tinju dan Bapak pinjam TVnya. Saya pundung, marah-marah kalau di jadwal
tersebut ada MotoGP dan kakak mengambil remotenya.
Sewaktu saya kuliah tingkat dua, saya
mengikuti program KKN di kampus. Panca Tengah, nama desa yang saya tempati, jaraknya
ke pasar desa seharga ojek 60ribu rupiah sekali jalan. Saya tinggal bersama
orang tua angkat yang tidak bisa berbahasa Indonesia. Separuh rumahnya berupa
dinding bata, separuh lainnya berupa bilik bambu, termasuk kamar mandinya.
Sepasang suami istri tersebut pemanen nira dan pembuat gula merah. Hidupnya sederhana.
Tapi, betapa saya berdecak ketika di ruang tamunya
terdapat TV flat 32 inch bersama parabola di kebun samping rumahnya. Channelnya
banyak sekali, melebihi channel TV-TV kota pada umumnya. Benda segi empat itu
dinyalakan pada saat sahur dan berbuka, karena selebihnya Ibu mengaduk nira
agar mengental, sedangkan Bapak membantu panen sayur dan meronda. Pun sekalinya
dinyalakan, yang ditonton hanyalah audisi kontes dangdutan.
Dulu, TV itu penting karena pengendali mood
saya. Sebegitu pentingnya sampai-sampai saya merasa rugi jika melewatkan salah
satu program kartunnya. Sepenting itu, sampai-sampai setiap rumah di Panca
Tengah seakan wajib punya TV, meskipun tidak punya jamban atau jamban di
rumahnya tidak layak.
Hampir empat tahun ke belakang, semenjak saya
kuliah, saya tidak berteman dengan TV. Tapi dari momen itu saya jadi bersyukur,
menyadarkan saya bahwa hidup saya tetap baik-baik saja meskipun tanpa TV.
Justru, merasa lebih produktif dan tidak mudah terprovokasi oleh pikiran orang
lain. Saya jadi lebih senang mencari daripada menyaksikan. Saya sadar kalau
apa-apa yang ditampilkan di layar itu dikendalikan oleh manusia. Ya meskipun
tidak semuanya buruk, tetapi kalau tidak mampu mengendalikan, kita menjadi
lemah untuk menguasai hati (hawa nafsu). Contohnya seperti saya tadi, ketagihan
nonton kartun sampai-sampai TV adalah pengendali mood saya.
Kata Ibu,”TV memang barang yang mudah melenakan. Orang
terlena nonton sinetron sampai lupa kalau belum ngaji. Orang terlena nonton
sepak bola sampai nggak ngereken ( nggak peduli) kalau tiba waktu adzan.
Orang dibuat sibuk nonton berita atau gosip, diajak untuk mikirin hidup orang
lain, padahal belum tentu yang diajak nonton hidupnya juga udah bener.”