My Badgermole cosplay from Avatar the Last Airbender :) Day 2 of Almacon <3
I feel I should explain the top left picture, when it comes to cosplay I believe in functionality. So I made wholes so I could pull my fingers out when needed instead of taking the gloves off every time I needed to use my phone/camera/whatever. So they’re worn like regular gloves :)
May 15, 2013, Day #3 I love my freckles, no particular reason why I have lots, but these the the most prominent
May 16, 2013, Day #4 I love my hair <3 Most of you who do not know me irl probably don’t know that I have 3 feet of hair. It is naturally stick-straight so I don’t need a straightener (nor would use one anyways).
My hair is my “baby” if you will. I do not own a curling iron or straightener. Wait, actually I do have a straightener but that’s for cosplay wig styling. I do not dye my hair, and I do not wash it everyday.
I REACHED MY GOAL YESTERDAY!!! It took me a little over 2 years to do, but it was totally worth it! From 185 lbs (January 2010) to 140 lbs (October 24,12).
I did it with healthy eating habits and regular exercise, no supplements, no “weight loss pills”, no fad diets, no crash diets, and I never starved myself. I did it with my own will power and determination. There were times where it sucked because it was hard, there were times I just wanted to give up. I kept going and made sure I got back on track if I fell off for a few days/weeks.
My goals are changing from weight loss to muscle gain. My goal has never been to be “skinny.” I want to be fit with toned muscles, so I’ll be working on resistance/strength training on various parts of my body.
Tips on How to Eat Junk Food Without GoingOverboard
We’ve all been there, someone brings in cookies to work, or you just have a craving for that burger. Weight loss is not restricting all bad foods, it’s learning how to stay in moderation. You can still eat bad things, just keep some of these tips in mind:
1. Portion Control is your friend, order or make the smallest size available.
2. If the size is still large or very high in bad refined sugars, bad fats, or high in calories, etc(whatever is important to you), only eat half and either save the rest for later–at least 24 hours–or share it with someone else. Worse case scenario: throw the rest out if you don’t think you can stop yourself. (I hate doing this one because it is wasteful, but it works)
3. Research the nutrition menu of a restaurant before you go to it.
4. Keep excess sweets and other junk food out of your home. This doesn’t mean never have any junk food at home, I have a bag of Hershey Kisses (2.5 lb bag thanks to my dad) that have been in my fridge for over a month, I only eat 2-4 pieces per day. I don’t have ding dongs, candies, chips, and pastries, and all that bad stuff.
5. If you’re hungry, eat a meal. Then when you’re done if you’re still hungry have a little dessert. This way you’re less likely to binge on the bad stuff.
6. If you know you’re going to be eating badly later in the day, exercise a little bit longer and/or harder.
7. Don’t starve yourself throughout the day when you want to eat a bad meal, you’re more likely to binge that way. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water during before the bad meal.
8. Substitute part of the bad foods. For example, when you order a burger at a restaurant, substitute the fries for something healthy like a salad or other veggies. This way you still get the greasy food you’ve been craving, and not go overboard.
So you can still have your cake and eat it too, you just have to be smart about it. ;)
I started this a little late obviously, however I felt starting it today would be a great birthday present! My birthday is June 13 <3
For my first Self Love is my determination. I went back to school even though I had been kicked out several times for bad grades. It didn’t stop me when a few people said that college wasn’t for me. As of right now my GPA is a 2.94 (SO CLOSE TO A 3.0!) and my studies are numero uno! Seriously I quit my second job to go to school full time until I graduate.