10 steps to a healthier new you and the best workout gear to shop now
Start your year off fresh and make it your #bestyearever. One of our biggest goals for 2015 is to get fit - we’re not just talking about working out more, we’re talking about an overall better you, inside and out. From drinking more water to finding a workout partner, read our 10 helpful steps to a healthy new life below.
10 Steps to a Healthier New You
1. Start a journal. When it comes toworking out and eating right, defining your goals on paper is one of the most successful ways to actually achieve them. Create a calendar, mark which days you’ll be exercising and plan your healthy meals ahead of time.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Most of the time we’re running out the door to get to work, skipping the most important meal of the day. This year, wake up just a few minutes earlier and start your day off with a healthy breakfast. High proteins, such as eggs and spinach, as well as steel-cut oats with fresh berries are great meal ideas.
3. Join a gym. If this thought has always been in the back of your head, take the plunge! Most gyms have more than just machines. They have a wide variety of classes, lap pools and saunas to relax in after.
4. Be outdoors. Hiking or jogging outside feels great. You get to enjoy nature, inhale fresh air and it doesn’t even feel like you’re burning calories because it’s fun! Being outdoors really clears your mind as well.
5. Find a workout partner. One of the best ways to actually make it to the gym or to try a new workout is by having a partner in crime. Ask one of your friends to come with you and maybe even grab a pressed juice after!
6. Change your diet. Avoid junk and processed foods as much as possible. We know these guys taste good and eating out can make this hard, but they’re definitely no help to a healthier new you.
7. Eat healthy fats. Stay away from artificial sweeteners and low fat products, and replace your cravings with healthy fats like avocados, nuts and olive oil.
8. Drink more water. Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for your skin and body. Often times we mistake hunger for thirst, so drink up and stop those unnecessary cravings!
9. Catch up on your zzz’s. The more you the sleep, the stronger your immune system will be. This means, if you’re caught up with your sleep, you’ll have a better chance at fighting off all those nasty colds and flus that go around this time of year. Everyone requires a different amount of sleep, so make sure you’re paying attention to your body and feeling rested when you rise.
10. Switch up your workouts. If you’re typically bored with going to the gym or stretching in yoga, try something different. From indoor rock climbing to strip tease classes, there’s a way for everyone to get their workout on (plus, it’s fun!).
Whether you’re upping your miles as a runner or attending more yoga classes, buying new workout clothes makes you look good and feel great. Update your collection with pieces by some of our favorite workout brands below.
It’s bikini season, which means it’s time to get our bodies back in shape! Luckily, with a little help from Nike, we can sweat it out in style.
From ballerina-inspired yoga wraps for your feet to some of the most comfortable stretch pants you’ll every put on, shop Nike’s best yoga wear today! Oh, and did we mention that most of it’s on sale? Get it while it’s hot!