Tagged by nihongogogo. Go follow her if you’re into Japanese anything, especially language. She’s the best.
Rule #1 always post the rules.
Rule #2 answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
Rule #3 tag 11 people then link them in the post.
Rule #4 tell them you tagged them
1. What have you been studying lately? Urgh. What haven’t I been studying lately? I’m in my second week of a month long exam period. Today I’ve done three hours of Japanese grammar and vocabulary study, an hour of Japanese listening comprehension and I’m about to move on to an hour and a half of French grammar study. The subjunctive mood will be the fucking death of me.
2. Who is your favourite movie director? Hmm. I don’t know that I have one - I don’t follow the film scene all that much. I’ve never seen a Quentin Tarantino, Sophia Coppola or a Wes Anderson film that I’ve not liked, though.
3. What book changed your life more than any other? To Kill a Mockingbird or 1984. Both opened my eyes so much, but for completely different reasons. I will never get sick of re-reading them.
4. What inexplicably makes you laugh?
This. Always and forever.
5. What’s your favourite word/kanji/phrase in Japanese?
Tough one. I really like the kanji 留 because no matter how rushed I am when I write it, it always comes out looking perfect.
6. If you could erase some of your memories, would you?
When I was 16, my 9 month-old puppy got out the front door and started to play his favourite game with me: running directly at me, and the second I’m about to catch him, run off in the other direction. Except he did it on the road, and my street’s relatively busy, but the more desperately I tried to catch him, the more he wanted to play. A car came speeding - at least 20km/h over the speed limit - down the hill, hit Darcy and sped off. All right in front of me. I didn’t even have time to get their number plate. I ran to him and I remember him looking up at me, but within seconds he died. I still have nightmares about it.
7. What song gives you goosebumps? I genuinely have no idea.
8. If you could add something to the school curriculum, what would it be and why? I don’t know what it’s like in other countries, but in Australia, our high school grading is based on a scaling system. Which means that, the more ‘academic’ subjects you do, the higher your overall grade will be, because subjects like Chemistry and physics and considered harder than Arts and Humanities. Even if you get an A overall in Art, for example, if you fail to get within the top 10% of students in the state, you’re scaled down quite a bit. When I was in year 12, it was 6 study points, which is a fucking joke, because I spent more time and effort and wasted more stress and tears on my art folio than I did for doing Math Methods. My overall study score for Methods was scaled from 30 to 33, while my 39 in art was scaled down to 33. I wouldn’t add anything, but I would certainly change the scaling system.
9. What makes you feel hopeful? The thought of a month of holidays after 2 more weeks of study.
10. What anime/manga do you think is totallyunderrated? God. I think the anime for 好きっていいなよ gets far too much credit, but the manga gets no where near enough. It was infinitely better. 聲の形 deserves more credit too. I love that story.
11. If you could quit work/school, go anywhere and do anything without worrying about money, what would you choose? I would quit uni right now and go to work in Japan in a heartbeat if I didn’t need this god damn degree to get over there in the first place.
My questions :
Do you sleep with socks on?
If you could only eat savory food for the rest of your life, or sweet food, which would you choose?
Do you prefer silence or having background noise when you’re home alone?
When was the last time you spent an entire day in bed? Why?
If you have the option to change one law in the country you’re currently living in, which would you change, and why?
You can have completely mastery of one language, what would it be?
If you could change your name to anything, what would you chose? Why?
What was the last book you read more than once? Why?
What’s the state of your computer? How much space is left on it? What’s it taken up with? What sort of crumbs are stuck in the keys?
If you had all the money in the world, what’s the first thing you would buy yourself?
The 5 closest things to you right now are what you have with you on a deserted island. What are they? Would you survive?
I don’t know who to tag! I get so nervous when tagging people. So these three will have to do for now. The rest of you should do it too, and I’ll pretend that I tagged you.
Nihongogo’s ‘An Interview with Japanese Pop Rock Band Scandal’ (9th May 2015)
We sit down with Haruna, Mami, Tomomi, and Rina the girls behind Scandal.
This marks your fifth performance in the United States and your first visit to Chicago. Is there anything you’re really looking forward for your return to America?
Haruna: I love the United States! Both Los Angeles and Anaheim are amazing cities which I enjoyed having spent time in. I really look forward to just going for a walk and perhaps even going to the beach.
With your large discography and growing influence on the international market if you were to suggest a set of songs to new listeners unfamiliar with Scandal which five songs would you want them to listen to?
Rina: Oh it’s a tough one but I think I would choose DOLL, Shojo S [少女S], Shunkan Sentimental [瞬間センチメンタル], Taiyou to Kima Ga Egaku Story [太陽と君が描くSTORY], and Image.
If you weren’t in Scandal what careers do you think you would be holding now?
Mami: At this point honestly? I can’t imagine that we could be doing anything else.
While on tour and between shows how do you like to pass the downtime?
Tomomi: Oh usually just driving around town and grabbing a bite to eat with friends.
If you were to describe yourselves as individuals in one word, what would it be?
What artists inspired you to become a musician?
Haruna: We had a lot but I would say that Namie Amuro is one that instantly comes to mind.
If Scandal were a family what roles do each of you play in this unit?
Mami: I like to think I would be the mother who kind of gives everyone the support they need from behind the scenes.
What projects can we look forward to from Scandal?
Mami: After we wrap up our world tour we are in the midst of organizing appearances at a few summer festivals and a couple of other amazing events. I can’t wait!
Any words of advice or inspiration for your fans?
Rina: We are really bringing an amazing show for you so please come on down and check us out! I look forward to seeing everyone there!
Original article at Nihongogo HERE. For more world tour info, do click HERE.
AKB48′s very own it-girl Tomomi Itano is making her way stateside in her first American solo appearance.
Tomomi Itano, fashion-icon and soloist, will make her very first US appearance at J-POP SUMMIT 2014, showcasing her brand new album SxWxAxG released July 2nd of this year. Itano is set to perform at both Union Square and Japantown during the festival.
Tomomi Itano will perform at a special FREE J-POP Live at Union Square concert on the evening of Saturday, July 19th at 7:50pm in the city’s downtown Union Square stage, and is also set to perform on the Pagoda Main Stage in Japantown on Sunday, July 20th at 11:00am.
50 VIP guests will be invited to join a special Meet & Greet with Tomomi Itano and each will be given an autographed poster. These lucky guests will be selected at random from fans that purchase VIP PASS A or B by Friday July 11th at 5pm PST. Those selected to join the Meet & Greet will be notified by email. Additional information about Tomomi Itano and her J-POP SUMMIT performances as well as the Meet & Greet are now available.
I’m not sure if any of you have heard about this yet, since I haven’t seen this piece of news pop up on my dashboard. But anyway, this one’s just a heads-up for the Itano fans in America.