[Last updated: 25/03/17] This is a list of every Bastille song we know about!
If you can’t find a copy of anything in the list, feel free to message me and I can probably hook you up. At the bottom of the list I’ve also included songs by Dan Smith before Bastille formed and songs he created with Ralph PelleyMounter.
If I’ve missed anything please reply/message me so I can update the list! I’ll be updating it periodically anyway with new stuff they release.
Can I just say how much… I really, really love writing Rhys and Mor? And maybe just take two seconds to chat about how underrated their relationship is? The more I write Rhys, the more I keep finding myself in these scenes with him coming to her, leaning on her, using her for help and advice whether he knows it or not. I think Rhys loves her so, so much. And I honestly believe that out of everyone in the IC, if Mor were to die it would hit him harder than anyone else (save Feyre, of course). They’ve grown up together, and he’s fought his entire life to give her independence and freedom, and I think Mor returns the favor when he lands on her balcony after the Mountain, and he sort of just… lets her keep being this shepherd in his life, helping him keep from fully unraveling. I think Cassian and Azriel aren’t the only ones who feel her endless warmth and spirit. Say what you will about the Cazigan dynamic in the books and who has to “shield” whom from Mor’s infectious spirit, but if you think about it, Rhys is exempt from that protection. He just gets to enjoy Mor for all she is, how selfless and supportive and encouraging, and she too gets to be there for her cousin who has empowered her and given her status and strength over her family, these things that make her into a queen. They’re friends. Really, really good friends and I think there is so much love between them that we don’t get to see a lot of in ACOMAF, but if SJM were to ever write the book as Rhys or elaborate on it, I think we’d be surprised just how much goes on between the two of them and how much he confides in her. And I think given how much they’ve gone through together… that’s just, I don’t know, really really special and I love it so much. It’s nice to see that even when the entire world and family around them falls apart, there is still this lovely little kernal of them left to lean on and it never goes away.
Explanation: So, the first thing that comes to mind for me is the pure ‘aesthetic’ of the album. The classy / pop / sultry sound and poetic lyrics just give me his vibe. (I could on about the strings for ages but I will spear your time.)
But the style of it all! The way the music flows with such a niche of personality. It’s just so fitting of Dark! You feel like withered black rose petals are left in a trial. You can just feel the darker undertones under the idea of romance.
– “I was fine, just a guy living on my own, waiting for the sky to fall. Then you called and changed it all, doll. Velvet lips and the eyes to pull me in, we both know you’d already win. Mm, you’re original sin.”
– “Does she know that my destiny lies with her? Oh, Sarah, are you saving me?”
– “You fooled me once with your eyes now, honey. You fooled me twice with your lies.”
Mod: The whole fucking song, just the whole song. I removed most of my choices as it was the entire song. I keep the foremost Dark like.
– “My wing tips waltz across naive wood floors, they creak innocently down the stairs.”
– “My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches.”
– “Here I am composing a burlesque out of where they rest their necks. Sunken in their splintered cradles and ramshackle heads.
They asked for it.”
– “You have set your heart on haunting me forever. From the start it’s never silent.”
11) Kaleidoscope Eyes (Apparently, not in this video. So here: x)
– “I am a disappearing act done poorly but if I ever get it right, you will miss me sorely. I look like the cat that just ate the canary, coughing up feathers. There is a “get out of jail” card if I can think of something clever.”
– “I plead the fifth on all of this.”
– “My emerald city, downtown girl. In the sickness of you, I am just a white blood cell fighting like hell for you.”
– “Oh, I am just a crook, with no intent or stash, pour gasoline on the vault just to burn the cash. I swear to God, I would never heard a better sound coming out then when you are whimpering my name from your mouth.”
– “I have got an insatiable desire for your insides. It is undeniable, I will conspire and pull against your body tonight.”