Doomfist is Nigerian and before you guys go crazy I just want to say a few things.
- There’s A LOT of tribes in Nigeria so just doing a small google search about Nigerian traditions, etc. will not be very fruitful. According to my wonderful mom, Akande is Yoruba (a tribe in west nigeria).
- For all you writers out there the language has the same name. Yoruba. Nigerian tribes as have completely different languages. (For example, I can understand Edo which is another tribe. If you try to talk to me in Yoruba I will have no idea what you are saying.)
- Let’s try not to slap a bunch of western stereotypes on him? Nigerians (and Africans in general) don’t talk like savages. His grammar should be completely correct, especially since he comes from a wealthy family. Don’t try and bring random animals into his life. (Ex. He fought a lion with his bare hands or something stupid.)
- Africa is not on another planet. Please don’t act like he’s alien to technology, or western things. He obviously knows what a smart phone and social media is.
- LAST THING: He’s being characterised as smart and charismatic! Don’t make him into a brainless, hothead who like punching things.