- Set in small-town Indiana, still manages to have 40% of it’s ensemble cast be POC, and not one of them is a token either
- 40% of the cast are women. ¾ are POC. All of them are badasses.
- Every single fucking episode is funny. Seriously.
- Perd fucking Hapley. I can’t even explain, you just have to watch
- Pawnee citizens holy hell
- The flawless political commentary behind the Langman’s and the Male Men
- The scene in Comeback Kid where Get On Your Feet is playing and they’re all struggling to walk on ice
- Chris Traeger and his mental illness. They worked it in so that it was comedic, but if it glorified anything, it was asking for help and accepting it.
- Okay just Chris in general
- Gary Jerry Larry Terry Gary Gergich Gengurch Gergich
- Donna, the character who is exactly who she needs to be throughout her life. She acknowledges the need to change her behavior occasionally, but it doesn’t dent her confidence one bit.
- Ann Meredith Perkins, you beautiful sun-ray nurse. The best friend everyone needs. Quirky and grounded and intelligent.
- THE FUCKING SAPERSTEINS
- ESPECIALLY JEAN-RALPHIO
- Everything Tom Haverford has ever said
- Ben fucking Wyatt. I can’t even elaborate without crying and combusting. Much better nerd than any weasel from The Big Bang Theory. Feminist. Best Husband Ever.
- ANYTIME BEN OR LESLIE ARE DRUNK HOLY SHIT
- Cones of Dunshire and Requiem for a Tuesday
- FUCKING ICE TOWN
- April Blart, Mall Cop
- April’s character development *heart eyes*
- Andy and April’s love
- Mouse Rat and hits like The Pit, Catch Your Dream, and
- 5000 CANDLES IN THE WIND
- LIL SEBASTIAN
- Bert Macklin, FBI
- Johnny and Johnathan Karate
- Andy Dwyer, secret genius
- Ron Swanson, the manliest man to ever man, owner of the world’s best character development, hater of Canada and vegans, beautiful beautiful man
- Duke fucking Silver
- I dig your groovy tunes man
- Ben and Leslie’s healthy, realistic, and beautiful relationship
- Benslie proposal
- Benslie wedding
- Ben’s triplets freakout
- the BOX
- Amy Poehler plays the most amazing woman to ever grace any screen. Leslie Knope, a socially inept but selfless woman who dedicates her life to public service, her family, and her friends. Deeply flawed main character that wasn’t made lovable by her unfortunate but relatable love of sugar and hatred of vegetables, but instead by her love for others and thoughtfulness and work ethic and optimism. Food habits aside, her character flaws were acknowledged by the writers, her loved ones, and her. No one is an enabler for Leslie Knope’s bad behavior. When she does something shitty, she gets called on it and apologizes. But at the end of the day, hard work and positivity make a difference, and she achieves her dreams.
- Positivity. The people on this show like each other. They believe in and support each other. They apologize when they’re wrong. They forgive when they’ve been wronged. They go out of their way to make lives better. And it is still funny.
Press X to give Nick a hug after Long Time Coming.
Honestly this part made me very emotional and I swear Bethesda needs to add HUGS to their dialogue options. Let me tell Nick everything’s gonna be okay and he has people who love HIM and not a ghost from the past.
This is not a repost. My old blog got deleted so I’m putting my art back up.
If you wait around in Valentine’s detective agency without speaking to Ellie, she’ll mention that she has photographs of Nick, and that “He never did photograph well”.
Which gave me the idea for this picture - Don’t worry Ellie, Nick’ll be home soon!
I don’t usually work monochrome, but when I’d finished the shading I liked the atmosphere so much that I wanted to keep it black and white - its a bit different to my usual style but I hope you like it! It was a cool practice!
(If you can, please open in a new tab and enlarge, there are a lot of little details!)