- Senior year, Bitty is the first openly gay NCAA captain of any men’s sport. When Samwell wins the Frozen Four, commentators start speculating on him being a draft prospect. Jack isn’t out yet.
- ‘Get Bittle in the NHL’ goes viral as an equality issue and the NHL is under pressure to recruit him, which creates this divisive ‘is he really good enough to play’/’the league is homophobic’ situation among fans and within the NHL.
- Bitty gets a lot of heat from all sides and Jack is really worried about his bf, who is living every coming-out fear Jack’s ever had. The Falcs can’t recruit Bitty because Jack has already disclosed their relationship to management, so Jack can’t protect Bitty.
- Things go downhill quickly after a hacker leaks a series of emails between the Commissioner and several owners, wherein he says an AHL franchise needs to ‘take one for the team’ and recruit Bittle so the NHL won’t have to deal with the ‘problem’ anymore.
- The league course-corrects hard and is bending over backward to get Bitty to sign off on their official apology, but Bitty is disgusted by the whole process and doesn’t want to participate in the draft just to make the league look better. He isn’t planning to go pro at all, and now he’s hesitant to move to Providence with Jack, concerned that he might accidentally out Jack and land him with the same PR problems.
- Bitty goes back to Georgia the summer after he graduates.
- After things calm down a bit, Bitty gets a call from the new Schooners owner, a progressive tech billionaire who hates the NHL commissioner and genuinely wants to sell Bitty on Seattle. Unsure of himself and his relationship, Bitty agrees to the meeting…
- And surprise! Bitty loves Seattle, the team, the ownership group, the food, everything. Even less of a surprise, the team loves Bitty and offers him a two-year contract with an option for renewal.
- The distance hurts, but it actually makes things easier because the risk of Jack being outed is much less if he’s not sharing an apartment with Bitty.
- Bitty understands now why Jack needs to prove himself before he comes out, the same way Bitty needs to prove himself now. Jack deserves that buffer, and Bitty can help in his own small way.
- At the same time, after seeing how Bitty was treated Jack doesn’t want to come out until his boyfriend is established enough that he won’t be remembered as ‘that gay hockey player’ or ‘Jack Zimmermann’s boyfriend’. They’re just two dumb boys looking out for each other. They agree to revisit coming out together after Bitty’s two-year contract ends.
- Bitty’s rookie year is a hell of an adjustment, he billets with d-man called Carter Morin who is a year younger than Bitty but still has three pro seasons under his belt. Carter is convinced Bitty will be a target because of his size and sexuality, so he becomes obsessed with teaching Bitty how to ‘defend’ himself. This basically boils down to lessons in ‘how to play dirty and not get caught’.
- During these lessons, Bitty realizes he has a lot of anger he’s not dealing with. He’s pissed about being marginalized by the league, the press that won’t stay out of his and Jack’s business, he’s pissed he can’t publicly be with his boyfriend, he’s furious WBC are planning to picket his first home game. He has years of repressed southern rage and he doesn’t have to play nice to make bad people feel good. Not anymore.
- Off the ice Bitty is a perfect gentleman, does tons of outreach, fundraising, he visits hospitals and coaches day-camps, after that first season he’s a fan favorite, but on the ice Bitty slowly becomes a living embodiment of ‘float like a butterfly, sting like a bee’; he’s a good player, everyone knows it, but now he’s absolutely ruthless and spends his fair share of time in the penalty box, initially for defending himself, later for defending others.
- During a particularly aggressive Schooners game, a commentator jokingly describes a post-fight Bitty as Bob’s spiritual successor, coining the term ‘Bad Bittle’. Bob is elated, Jack is horrified.
- Bitty ultimately makes friends on the team, builds a following, and becomes an integral part in building Seattle’s fledgling franchise into a championship team.
- Schooners take the cup in Bitty’s second year and Jack is surprisingly okay with his boyfriend getting a ring before him, it means they’re one step closer to being untouchable
- The Falconers dethrone the Schooners the following season and win the championship. Jack and Bitty come out/marry on Jack’s cup day. They don’t wear wedding bands, they wear their cup rings.
Ok but what if Ransom doesn’t really want to be a doctor. His family and culture put a lot of pressure on their kids to be doctors and get prestigious jobs, and he wanted his parents to be proud of him so he went into pre-med.
What if he was having a post-game panic attack over molecular biology when a scout from the Maple Leafs asked him if he had a minute to talk. And the thought of just not going to med school, of just ending his education in two months and not having to study for a test ever again, made him feel so relieved he found Holster afterwards and cried for five minutes.
“I don’t ever want to stop playing hockey,” he says to Holster, who… honestly, was kind of looking forward to not having morning practice for the first time since he was four.
What if Justin Oluransi made his parents the loudest, proudest cheering section in Toronto, screaming with love for their son the NHL player.
Requested by Anon: Can you do one where
the reader is Mitch Marner’s best friend but the reader an Auston hate each
other (they actually like each other). They bicker a lot and then Mitch teases
them into confessing. I loved your JVR one by the way!
Word Count: 1601 Team: Toronto Maple Leafs Warnings: None
I hope you enjoy the approach I took with this! (:
still don’t understand why you two hate each other,” Mitch remarked as you two sat
curled up on the couch in Mitch’s living room chatting after not seeing each
other for a while. Mitch had been on a road trip with the Leafs that felt like
forever while you had been drowning in homework and midterms. But now that your
midterms were over, and the boys were back, you two had a day to hang out
again. The only unfortunate part was that Mitch happened to live with the one
Leaf you couldn’t stand. Auston Matthews. Luckily, Matthews had gone out with
some of the other guys on the team while Mitch stayed back to hang out with
While some of us are HUGE Nurseydex fans and we’ve seen some great work from this week’s prompts so far, but, there are still some really concerning and dated tropes still being used. We wanted to write this PSA to make people aware of racist tropes they might be using and racist tropes to avoid in the future.
If you realize that you are accidentally using these tropes, it happens! Just address and edit the work!
This is going to quick to the point, but if you would like us to expand on any of these points, send us an ask!
THINGS TO NOT DO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
1. RACISM > CLASSISM & HOMOPHOBIA. Please stop making Dex’s financial/sexuality struggles equal to Nursey’s struggles with racism.
2. DO NOT describe Nursey’s skin as a food or an object, especially when you don’t describe Dex’s skin color at all (examples- coffee, chocolate**. If it sounds like a paint chip color, don’t use it.).
3. Dex is not a White Savior to “save” Nursey. Dex is also not a victim of Nursey’s “Bullying”.
4. DEX AND NURSEY ARE THE SAME SIZE. DO NOT WRITE NURSEY TO BE BIGGER THAN DEX. THIS INCLUDES HAVING LARGER MUSCLES OR BEING “MORE BUILT”.
5. DO NOT DESCRIBE NURSEY AS BEING LOUDER, ANGRIER, OR MORE VIOLENT THAN DEX.
6. TOUCHING NURSEY’S HAIR IS OFF LIMITS, UNLESS HE GIVES DEX CLEAR PERMISSION TO DO SO!
Having any white guy (Shitty, Dex, Jack, Bitty, etc) be more “progressive” than a character of color (Nursey/Chowder/Lardo/Ransom) is wrong and, surprise, racist! No matter how much they have learned about/are passionate about progressive topics, it cannot beat the characters of color’s lived experiences.
THINGS TO AVOID
1. Nursey as a “Casanova” or “Sex God”
2. Nursey has absentee parents (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD **STOP USING** THIS TROPE)
3. Nursey needs to expend a shit ton of emotional labor to educate Dex about racism
4. Writing so Nursey has to be overly apologetic to Dex. (Really?? STOP.)
5. Consider not writing about anti-blackness/anti-Muslim racism and xenophobia if you don’t personally experience it. It is very difficult to get right, and most of the time it comes off pandering and fake.
6. If you are writing kink, maybe don’t have the mixed black guy be tied up,,, (I have literally only seen one white person do this right and they also wrote extensive 56k-word fic on how to perform safe kink and safe kink negotiations)
7. Nursey PoV where Nursey is basically worshiping the ground Dex walks even after Dex has been the hugest asshole.
8. Nursey being too forgiving of Dex. (Basically, prioritizing Dex’s feelings over Nursey’s)
THINGS TO CONSIDER WRITING ABOUT
1. Nursey’s family interactions or Dex meeting
family and siblings
2. Dex spending the winter/summer holidays at
I just really love the idea of NHL Jack (AU where he never went to Samwell) taking a check into the glass way too hard during a game and the glass shatters and he goes completely through and is suddenly in the lap of our wonderful Southern Bell Eric Bittle
And Eric of course is just like “???????? are you ok????”
And Jack is just looking at him like “holy shit who are you and why have we never met”
But alternatively, I love Eric being like “!!!!!!AHHHHHH!!!!!” (Because when that shit happens in real hockey holy shit it gets fucking hype like 0 to 100 real fast) and just smiling and laughing and screaming
And Jack is still just in awe
Request - Love you writings!!
Can I request one for Chris Kreider and can it include kids??!!?? Thanks ❤️❤️
Word Count: 1170
Team: New York Rangers
I hope you enjoy this, I thought it was pretty cute! I didn’t really include anything to do with hockey, so I hope it’s okay. Hope you enjoy!
Also, sorry I sort of stopped posting every day like I initially did. This one took me longer to write because I was a little bitter about the Rangers beating out the Habs and then knocking them out of the playoffs, whoops. But here it is now!
wants hot chocolate?” you asked the room. You were greeting with three ‘ME!’s,
one of them coming from Chris. You smiled and shook your head as you stood up
to head toward the kitchen. You knew you had basically married a child in an
adult’s body, but ever since you two had your two children, he had become even
more of a child. Honestly, you didn’t know it was even possible, but it
happened. With a laugh, you walked into the kitchen and grabbed four mugs. You
made the best homemade hot chocolate out there. As you grabbed a pot to put on
the stove, you heard a squeal from your little boy.