- 6th year Albus and Scorpius exploring their sexuality with each other.
- Clumsily touching lips, noses bumping, hushed apologies from behind Albus’s bed curtains despite a silencing spell already being cast because deep down they were so worried that what they were doing was wrong.
- Continuing this for several weeks as they grow more and more comfortable with each other.
- Stealing quick kisses in abandoned corridors, exchanging looks in the library, loving the rush they get when they hear footsteps walk past their empty dorm.
- Rose finally accepting Scorpius’ date invitation after years of asking.
- Scorpius saying yes without a thought, and telling Albus without a care in the world.
- Albus’s heart dropping in his chest as Scorpius tells him the “wonderful news.”
- ”You were wrong Albus. You really were just a game to him. Don’t be heartbroken; you should have seen it coming.”
- Going on only two (uneventful) dates with Rose before him beginning to miss Albus’s lips against his own, wanting to feel his arms wrapped around his waist again.
- “He doesn’t miss you, Scorpius. You’re meant to be with Rose, a girl. You were just fooling around. That’s what teenagers do, right?”
- Albus and Scorpius relaxing by the fireplace together one winter night and getting a bit too playful.
- Scorpius pinning Albus to the soft carpet and hovering above him for a moment before instinctively leaning in.
- Albus completely freezing up at first, not being able to help but notice how beautifully the glow of the fire captured all of Scorpius’s features.
- His heart beating faster as their lips finally touch, sending a large chill down his spine.
- Their kiss becoming more and more heated, Scorpius’s mouth beginning to kiss along Albus’s jawline.
- A soft “I love you” slipping past his lips as they parted from his skin briefly.
- Albus shoving him off half-heartedly and trying to look past the hurt in his eyes.
- “You don’t mean that. You’re straight and in love with my cousin.”
- Scorpius still lightly panting, lips pink and hair messy, raising his eyebrow and shaking his head in disagreement.
- Him finally admitting, “I was scared to love you, but I know now. I can’t stand being without you.”
- Albus’s cheeks glowing Weasley-red, the tint being illuminated even more by the warm glow of the first place.
- Him pressing a shy kiss onto the boy’s cheek before whispering:
Jeddy headcanons (i need more of this ship in my life I'm)
(This is in a universe where everything is legal and consensual and the age difference is not creepy at all just in case)
- Teddy is totally the little spoon
- James’s favorite hair color on Teddy is actually pink.
- Teddy’s favorite part of James’s body is his collarbones
- James could spend hours watching Teddy studying, because when he focuses really hard his lower lip kind of juts out in the most adorable pout.
- Teddy blushes and sucks in his lip every time James points this out.
- At first they were so reluctant to tell their family they were together, but ended up unintentionally making out in the Potter’s backyard for the whole family to see. (The unintentional part was the audience, not the kissing. Obviously)
- Teddy loved the way James had a tendency to fall asleep while he played with Teddy’s hair. One minute the hand was moving, the other James was snoring softly.
- They rarely fought, but when they did, they didn’t speak to each other for at least a week, after which each of them was too drained without then other’s company, and got back together without a word.
- Lily Luna was literally the biggest shipper. She loved her three gay brothers.
- Teddy and James were prone to fall asleep in front of the muggle TV at the Potter’s, tangled up in each other. Everyone wonder how that could ever be comfortable but they never asked
- James said ‘I love you’ first, to everyone’s surprised.
-Teddy said it less than half a second after.
- Their first kiss happened under the willow by the lake (no, not the whomping one), in autumn, when they were freezing to death but too immersed with each other to either notice or care.
- Teddy cried a lot about his parents. James was always there, no matter how many times.
- Like his dad, Teddy had a tendency to self-loath, something he and James often fought about.
- James just couldn’t believe how such an amazing human being could hate himself so much. He tried to prove every one of Teddy’s arguments wrong every day.
- They loved each other so much.
i mean he’s got a child now would you want your son to grow up in such a haunted place i don’t think so
maybe he gets a nice house in a peaceful neighbourhood
perhaps even a muggle neighbourhood
draco doesn’t have to live being reminded of the terrible things that took place in his childhood home
scorpius gets to grow up in a safe enviroment with no marks of war
astoria makes sure everything is bright and light and there are no dark corners with bad memories to distress her boys
scorpius childhood is filled with magical stuff and muggle stuff draco doesn’t fully understand but hey his kid is happy
they’ve even got some wizard neighbours
of course their few wizard neighbours are the potters and some weasleys though
their children grow up together
albus potter is the president of the scorpius protection squad at the playground
astoria and ginny have tea together during playdates and complain about their husbands
draco and harry have a very awkward kind of but not quite friendship going on since their boys are joined at the hip
albus and scorpius go to hogwarts
james will beat the crap out of you if you mess with his little brother and his best friend so back off
they’re weird yes but it’s none of your business get the hell out and leave them alone
they spend pretty much every holiday together be it at the school or at home
but then scorpius goes to france to visit his grandmother in fifth year
and he comes back like a fricking super model
suddenly everyone fancies malfoy
albus is pissed
scorpius just laughs it off
“potter can you keep your son inside your house for merlin’s sake you live across the street why is this child here all the time does he not have a bed i swear to god if he comes through the window one more time i’m calling the police albus just use the goddamn door”
this got so long i’m so sorry but i just think about the malfoy and the potters being neighbours all the time
So I saw a post about how James Potter would never grow old and had an overwhelming feeling of “FIGHT ME”, and then I realized that the fandom never talks about what it would be like if he grew old, they just say they’re sad he didn’t…so here are elderly James Potter headcanons.
He’s super, super vivacious. It’s like he never ages except he clearly does because hair is gray and he has a cane and has some back problems. But he never loses his zest for life.
He goes to equality protests with the rest of the Marauders (which DOES include Lily) all the time, and tells the leaders that “he’ll hit anyone with a cane”.
Which he would, because he has
He fantasized about getting a sword installed in the cane. He once spent twenty minutes looking up places to do that, only to have Lily confront him later with a “please get me a sword, too”
So he did, and sometimes they do battles in the front yard until something happens to someone’s back.
James is that old guy that goes to quidditch matches all the time. The Chudley Cannons are in town? Whup, let’s go. He has this thing where he screams at the teams and waves his cane and the players never mind because it’s just like “it’s that Potter fellow again”
Whenever he sees teams, he’ll make them sign two things: his apparel for them and a shirt that he will intentionally buy the week before and keep the receipt so he can prove he saw them recently.
He and Sirius have a thing where they’re in contest for “coolest grandparents”, and he wants to prove that he really is the coolest by having a shirt he bought “last week, my clone, see?
He always calls James his clone because the two of them find it hilarious, and then he asks James about the Marauders and James will tell him stories
He has inside jokes with all his grandkids.
Him and Lily Luna have a contest to see who can unintentionally wreck the Potters’ front yard the most because they both kill every growing thing (but they try!), so whenever he greets her, he says, “wreck any yards recently?”
Albus Severus is almost done memorizing the key sections of Hogwarts: A History soJames and Albus have battles with memorized sections of Hogwarts: A History against Quidditch Through the Ages. They always have some joking talk about it when Albus arrives so they can both get their game up.
They like to do weird accents as they do them, as well.
Harry records all of these and sends them to Hermione and Ron because “hey look, Hermione, someone’s actually reading Hogwarts: A History”
James’ messy hair never balds, it only goes gray.
Although he HAS suggested to Lily that he follow in his father’s footsteps an make a magical hair dye: one for Lily and him to share, because she’s graying too. It’s very visible since she almost never puts her hair up.
She laughs and says she’d rather him share with Sirius.
The people at the Muggle grocery store love him, because he sits there and tells all his wizarding stories for hours and no one can tell if he’s serious or not, but he’s such a good storyteller that it doesn’t matter.
Whenever Harry and his kids come over he tries to help Lily bake something. It always turns out to be a disaster, but it always means he has a new story to tell them.
He gives the grandkids gifts every time they visit. The real question is who will get a prank gift and who gets a real gift.
He does a similar thing with candy dishes by filling all of them with Bertie Botts.
He still rides out on his broom whenever he can.
He has an old leather recliner. Because yes, of course he does.
The Marauders meet up every week. They talk and they do projects and basically are an entourage at this point.
Remus decided to grow a beard, which ends up looking like a few silly little wisps on his chin that bother all of them. Peter one day comments about how easy it would be to get rid of it in his sleep and so Sirius and James create a plan to hack it off
(a plan that never works, because Lily tells him the next day and Remus decides to cut it off before Sirius and James can)
James and Lily talk every single night and spend time together every single day. They never, ever run out of things to talk about.
They have a chore rotation.
Every night, before they go to sleep, he makes tea for Lily and himself (she likes chamomile with honey, his favorite changes every week). It’s the one thing he can cook besides Indian food, they food he grew up with, without entirely messing it up.
He goes to sleep at nine thirty so he can get sleep and have a great day tomorrow, too, because he learned that you CAN be too tired to enjoy life, and he doesn’t want to waste a minute of it.
He focuses a lot on experiences and friendships and relationships now, and he feels so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people that he loves, especially after the war.
He went to treatment for PTSD after it was over. Harry had to, too, but there are nights when Harry wakes up screaming and James and Lily are there to comfort him and calm him down because they know what it’s like and they love him more than anything else in the world.
James Potter lives a beautiful life as an older man and no one can tell me otherwise.
“head cannon that when scorbus gets married Draco turns into that crazy mom that freaks out everytime something goes wrong and has an opinion about the outfits and venue and decorations and just looses his shit after the weakly-potter clan get hammered at the wedding and he just gives up and joins them” ~Anon
RAVENCLAW: “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured… the first thought forbidden… the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably.” –Jeri Taylor (Jean-Luc Picard: Star Trek The Next Generation: The Drumhead )