1. The skipper always makes the rules.
2. The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
3. No crew can possibly know all the rules.
4. If the skipper suspects that the crew knows all the rules, the skipper must immediately change some or all of them.
5. The skipper is never wrong.
6. If the skipper is wrong, it is because of a flagrant misunderstanding.
7. If rule #6 applies, the crew must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
8. The skipper can change his mind at any given point in time.
9. The crew must never changer his/her mind without express written consent from the skipper.
10. The skipper has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
11. The crew must remain calm at all times unless the skipper wants him/her to be angry or upset.
12. The skipper must under no circumstances let the crew know whether or not he wants him/her to be angry or upset.
13. Only the skipper may determine when things are all right again.
14. The skipper may begin the conversation at any given point in his mind and the crew is expected to know the topic and the reason for the conversation.
15. Common sense is what the skipper believes to be true.
16. The crew is expected to know what the skipper meant to say.
17. The crew may never quote the skipper.