- Two days after Donald Trump’s inauguration, a white man threatened a Muslim cab driver at gun point in New Paltz, New York.
- Now, he has been charged with two felony hate crimes.
- New York State Police said Andrew Plachecki, 26, placed the gun to the taxi driver’s head and called him a “motherfucking piece of Muslim shit” early Sunday morning.
- Plachecki, reportedly intoxicated, pointed the gun during a cab fare dispute with the driver.
- The cab driver, who works with Jon’s Taxi, called his dispatcher and signaled a state police cruiser.
- Soon after, New York state troopers found Plachecki at a nearby gas station and arrested him.
- On Monday, the Daily Freeman reported that Plachecki received two felony charges: “menacing, displaying a weapon as a hate crime and reckless endangerment as a hate crime.” Read more