These are the nails that I am wearing for New Year’s Eve tonight. I love how the circular holo glitters look kind of like the reflective pieces on the ball. But I also love how the rich, warm, jewel tones are so nice for the winter season.
After cleaning, filing, and applying a base coat:
1. apply one coat of bronze polish
2. apply a quick dry topcoat (since you are going to do a sponge ombre on top)
3. apply your favorite liquid latex (or just plain tape if you prefer) to protect your fingertip from the messy sponge ombre
4. do a simple, two color, sponge ombre with the same bronze and a rich, deep green
5. remove the liquid latex and clean any remaining mess
6. apply a quick dry top coat to smooth out the ombre
7. use a dotting tool or toothpick to apply the glitter pieces in any pattern that you like. Because I used glitters from this polish, I didn’t need to apply a clear polish to use as glue. If you are using loose glitters, you will need to apply a clear polish (not quick dry topcoat!) to act as a glue. Be prepared to spend a few minutes doing this - it is worth it in the end! Also, if you are using a glitter that is suspending in jelly (like the polish I used), I recommend putting the polish out onto a makeup sponge. That way, the sponge will absorb some of the jelly so that it is easier to get just a single piece of glitter.
8. seal everything in with another one or two coats of your quick dry top coat (I recommend two coats so the glitters are more firmly stuck to your nail and the surface of the nails feels smoother)
Please, please show me the nails that you are wearing today for New Year’s Eve on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Cynosure and Serendipity, or Nails by Naomi and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for two new videos a week!