@jen–ne–sais–quoi if you’re still reading, we’re almost there. everyone else, if you’re still reading, i’m impressed.
in the last chapter, we wrapped up ryan’s experience with being in bands, but we aren’t quite done with his music yet.
2011 wasn’t very eventful career wise for ryan. he got credit on vices and virtues for his lyrics on Nearly Witches, but the song was written before the split. it was a demo from the cabin album that was scrapped before pretty. odd.
i hate to tell you, but i barely know anything about ryan in 2011. i know he was dating z. he was friends with and hanging out with Dan Keyes, Alex Greenwald, and Mickey Madden (you may recognize him from maroon 5) i know he and brendon were still talking to each other on twitter. it seems like ryan spent 2011 just kinda hangin out and getting used to being in the public eye a lot less
there are many people that think that he, z, and alex were all three in a relationship at one point (i’m one of those people) but there’s no proof.
this is him and z on halloween in 2011
moving on to 2012. i was 14/15 in 2012 and this is when my ryan ross love began, so i was witness to the rest of this. this was like, prime twitter time for ryan ross. also a bit of an eventful year for poor ryro.
good things first!
he featured on 2 songs for william beckett’s solo ep, our story’s already been told and stuck in love. here’s a cute video. he also sang in a more amor song, beach bones. he’s adorable in the video here. note that Tom Oakes is in More Amor. he and ryan are good friends and used to play hockey together. there are people who ship tom and ryan too.
ryan and z are still together (i think. does anyone actually know when they broke up? were they ever actually together together?) and ryan promotes/supports z’s new band JJAMZ (James Valentine, Jason Boesel, Alex Greenwald, Michael Runion, and Z Berg) a lot on twitter
the more 2012 goes on, the more time ryan spends with dan keyes. they’re best friends it’s adorable (in case you didn’t get the pattern, people shipped ryan and dan too, but more on that later)
there’s also some keltie drama in 2012. i know, you thought we left keltie behind. i failed to mention that ryan and keltie had adopted a dog, Hobo.
keltie took hobo when they split. now back to the 2012 drama. keltie had a hard time letting ryan go. honestly, if you google it, you can find a ton of examples of her not being over ryan and if you ever read her book, she calls him Dreamer. so in august of 2012, keltie tweets this mess (notice who responds)
and ryan subtweets her by saying “i just wanted to see my dog. HIYA!”
2012 seems to be when ryan really starts to show the public how much he loves hockey and baseball, specifically the LA Kings and the Dodgers. a lot of his instagram in 2012 is sports. he also starts playing hockey
late in 2012 he spent all his time with dan keyes, at least going by his instagram and twitter.
he also promised new music in 2012, which, well, we got some demos in 2013?
he becomes friends with Jeremy Burke in 2012 too, which is cool because he’s probably ryan’s best friend here in 2017
unfortunately, ryan also started conversing with shane morris in 2012. shane is a mostly awful human being who was at one point ryan’s friend and manager.
the worst thing to happen in 2012 is the panic! stalker. she has since apologized and stopped, so i don’t want to get into it too much. you can dig into that on your own if you would like. long story short, a girl hacked some facebook accounts and got ryan’s imessage. then she texted him for at least 6 months pretending to be brendon. she obtained a ton of personal information from him and others and shared screenshots of a bunch of messages. i don’t feel comfortable sharing them, but there not that hard to find if you want to know.
ryan’s twitter in 2012 is some relatable things, promo-ing his friends, and things that make absolutely no sense.
the best thing about 2012 is that he got the cutest cat in the world, Captain Knots. his instagram becomes a shrine to his cat. i am okay with this
that’s pretty much all for 2012. i’ll see you next time for more of ryan’s friends and his cat!
I don’t find kpop particularly innovative in the dancing nor singing department. What makes kpop so popular is the performance and interaction aspect of it,. It’s bright it’s fun and it’s colorful, the fans feel so close to the idols like they are almost friends/boyfriends/girlfriends, compared to a lot of western pop where as soon as the singer has left the stage they leave behind their singer persona on the stage and doesn’t really interact much with their fans. Also I have noticed that a lot of kpop that is reminiscent of the 90’s hip hop and r&b are more popular with the international fans.( even though they act like idols invented that style of music in 2012 or something 😂). Seriously it’s nothing really new , I mean it’s foreign enough tot be interesting but familiar enough to be comforting.
Hey Eddheads! Tom here. We get a lot of questions about the show so I thought I’d answer a few of your most commonly asked questions now!
1) WHERE ARE THE NEW EDDISODES!? - They’re coming! Mirror Mirror is taking a while because Sandra is juggling a full-time job and only has time to animate in the evenings; Saloonatics is getting a new animator so obviously that’s going to take a while longer - it’s 10 minutes long; The End is even longer and won’t be coming out until after everything else is done. Standby and when we have updates we’ll post ‘em (please don’t pester the animators).
2) WHAT ABOUT THE DOCUMENTARY?! - That’s coming too! The documentary was originally going to be a 10 minute behind-the-scenes just for the Legacy donators but since we’ve kept you waiting so long we’ve turned it into a 40 minute long monster all about the past and present of the show. It’s really cool. We’ll release that to the donators when it’s done and onto the channel for everyone a little while later.
3) WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ‘THE END’? - Whatever happens, I’ll be stepping down as show-runner. I wrote a little more about that [here].
4) ARE YOU PLANNING ON MAKING AN EDDSWORLD DVD? - I’ll be honest with you, I’m not sure if that will ever happen. To make a DVD possible we’d essentially need to remake every episode from before 2012 (new sound design, music, etc) and that’d take hundreds of hours. It was a stupidly ambitious promise I made and I apologise.
5) WHERE’S THE CHARITY MONEY?! - So far we’ve donated over £40,000 to charity and by the time Mirror Mirror comes out we’ll have raised that amount to over £65,000! All of that is thanks to you.
6) IS TORD COMING BACK? - The voice actor? No. The character? I couldn’t possibly say.
7) CAN WE BUY ANY NEW MERCHANDISE? - It’s hard to say because we have to buy/order merchandise in bulk which means guaranteeing that hundreds/thousands of people are gonna be interested. It’s just a little too risky.
8) WILL THE WEBSITE BE COMING BACK? - Again, probably not. We post updates on Twitter, blog posts on Tumblr, videos on YouTube and comics everywhere. Aside from making a forum for the “fandom” there’s not much need for a dedicated site. Tumblr is a pretty lively place as far as the Eddsworld fandom goes though!
9) WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, TOM?! - You ask ‘em to me on Twitter or Tumblr and I’ll do my best to answer the ones that aren’t extremely stupid!