Easter holiday has arrived, meaning i got to stay in and prepare for upcoming exams 🙄
On the other hand the weather is beautiful, so i don’t mind a little biochemistry revision…. Also…. Am i the only student who grows coriander, rosemary, basil and mint in their student accommodation ?!😂
So I’m watching the very first ep again and realize that when Shiro crash-lands and gets taken in by the hazmat crew he’s wearing what we learn later is his gladiator/prisoner getup:
but immediately following the rescue and subsequent getaway (during which he is out cold and still obviously in the same clothes) we see him the next morning,
clearly wearing his own clothes.
But where did they come from??
The other three paladins-to-be left the garrison with just the clothes on their backs (and lbr Shiro’s height and shoulder-to-waist ratio means he’s not going to fit into anything of theirs anyway), and there’s absolutely no way he’d fit into anything of Keith’s either for the same reasons.
That outfit is also not generic officers’ or instructors clothing from the garrison either, because I’m like 95% sure we see examples of both earlier in the ep:
This week I’m giving a shoutout to my fav person ever @poorpersonsgiude. You go girl! Also @stormfallss for lighting up my phone for over two hours the other night. Thanks for the love.
1. Keep paper bills. Bills such as internet, rent, and utility for up to five months. These help prove residency, which will be useful when applying for Medicaid, in-state tuition, and for some jobs. If you’re not receiving any sort of paper bills, keep pay stubs with your address on them instead.
2. Cheap salt. Never spend more than a dollar on salt. Seriously. Chain supermarkets and dollar stores will sell large quantities of it to you for 99 cents. You’re not the Queen of Sheba- you don’t need $5 salt.
3. Wooden floors. If any part of you apartment/dorm room has a wooden floor, consider buying Bona Hardwood Cleaner. It’s a little pricey, but my last squeeze bottle lasted me just short of a year. It’s the best wood cleaner around.
4. Postage stamps. You don’t have to go to your local post office to buy stamps (which is great because sometimes it’s not “local” at all). You can purchase them at pharmacy centers like CVS or Rite Aid, as well as large chain supermarkets such as Stop & Shop and Walmart.
5. Moisturizers. Pick up at least one moisturizer to save your hands during these long winter months. If you’re a newbie just buy Gold Bond, it’s cheap and good for everything except your face.
6. Shower heads. If you have a terrible apartment shower head with no water pressure buy yourself a better one. There a color changing shower heads on Amazon that I personally swear by. Just be sure to keep the original shower head and to replace it when you move out.
7. Keep your student ID card. Even after you stop attending school. You’ll still be able to receive student discounts at places like museums and cinemas. They have no way of knowing if you’re still a student. What are they gonna do- call your school? I do this all the time!
8. Yankee Candle. Is so expensive, but it’s the only candle really worth buying. I’ve tried all sorts of discount candles from dollar stores and even from Target, but none of them smell even half as good as Yankee Candle.
9. Reminders. Forgetting important things such as bill payments, birthdays, or contraceptives? Set alarms and reminders on your Iphone to help you stay on top. I personally hate the Iphone calendar app so I downloaded Cozi (it’s free) and I use that instead.
10. Clean that fridge. Try to purge your fridge out at least once a month. There’s nothing more disgusting than food so decomposed that you can’t discern what it once was. The general rule of thumb about leftovers is if you don’t eat it within the next two days you won’t ever eat it. Try to give your fridge a sponge bath every three months, the shelves are easy to remove and I just wash them in my sink.
Seriously, if you don’t have access to a bathtub (like in a dorm), have issues with sensitivity, or just want your product to last longer, try soaking your feet in your bath salts of choice. Envision the negative energy flowing out through the bottoms of your feet and being washed down the drain when you dump the water. You’ll use less of it than if you had a full bath, and you can get a decent sized tub at the dollar store for cheap. Plus, if you work on your feet all day, it’s a great way to relax. You could also finish it up with a nice foot scrub and some nail polish to match your intent, if you’re into that. ✨
1. Cactus decor. Cacti are super easy to maintain (most only need to be watered once a week) and look great anywhere you put them. Buy them from a supermarket that also sells plants as opposed to a nursery because they will be cheaper.
2. Buy Febreze. Unexpected visitors are lovely, but not when your apartment smells like a baboon’s armpit. Febreze is affordable and lasts a long time, I use it on a weekly basis because I have two cats that love pooping when I have guests.
3. Baking Soda and vinegar are your one-stop cleaning solution for everything. Clogged drains, shower heads, cat pee stains, etc.
4. Ladies. Have sex while on you’re period. I can’t explain why, but it will be the best sex you ever had. Science side of Tumblr please explain.
5. First floor apartments suck. I lived in a first floor apartment for a year and a half and literally will never live in one again. They’re freezing in the winter and damp in the summer. Don’t waste your time!
6. Can’t pay your electric? I was in serious to debt to my local apartment (after living in a first floor apartment) and told them that I was unable to pay my $850 debt because it was more than my month’s rent. They worked with me and put me on a special program called POP where they paid off my debt for me, so long as I continued my regular monthly payments. There are options, you just need to ask and be persistent.
7. Don’t by olive oil. It’s sometimes three times as expensive as other oils like canola or vegetable oil. High quality olive oil can run you up to $25, if you’re buying olive oil for $4 then chances are it’s heavily diluted.
8. Swiffer. Swiffer mops take up very little space in your closet, and you can buy store brand mop pads for a fraction of the Swiffer brand price. I’m especially partial to Shoprites pads, they smell so damn good.
9. Beaded curtain. Small apartment? Throw a beaded curtain in the hallway to make your apartment seem larger.
10. File your taxes as an Independent. Your parents are receiving a tax break if you’re filing as a dependent under them, but that tax break hurts you. You will end up paying more taxes in the long run, because the government thinks that your parents still support you. File as an independent if you are no longer living with them and supporting yourself, they loose the tax break but you (the starving college student) will not be charged as much by the state.
-Blue wears a strange combination of floral dresses and combat boots everywhere. it drives gansey insane but in the best way ever.
-ronan is dreaming thousands of fireflies up and adam fills mason jars with them. they never die, but make the most amazing night lights. the pathway from the house to the barns in lined by these jars.
-blue steals 4 jars and goes to noah’s grave and leaves them there.
-henry ends up convincing the gangsey to finally join social media. somehow they’re all some connected by snapchat and instagram and Facebook messenger. it’s great.
-blue’s instagram contains pictures of dead flowers, blueberry yogurt, feminist novels and many pictures of trees (as well as sneaky shots of gansey labeled ‘dick’)
-ronan uses messenger to send obnoxious pictures to gansey of squash.
-henry however decided to provoke the angry irish farmer by endlessly sending pictures of him holding stuffed animals of cows and pigs through snapchat, each labeled ‘who’s the real farmer now?’
-ronan blocks him.
-adam is finally sleeping eight hours a night and is down to one job due to blessed scholarships that paid for both his residence and tuition and he has not felt this safe and happy in years.
-lots of hiking
-gansey drags them out to the woods at ungodly hours and talks about their next great adventure and quest and holy shit this boy will not stop.
-henry plays pokemon go and ronan nearly throws his phone out the window when he insists that they stop for the super rare pokebaby even if there are cars right behind them and they’re on a highway like wtf henry your priorities are sad.
-“one more time cheng”
-“YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND, LYNCH!”
-he also names the beedrill after gansey because he’s a bit of an ass.
-adam is getting boxes from nino’s for moving. blue turns his bedroom into a massive cardboard box fort, complete with cupcakes and lemonade and blankets.
-ronan likes to take naps there and dreams up flower crowns.
-gansey grows more mint plants. they’re a symbol of life to him and he never wants a single one to wilt.
-he also keeps losing his boat shoes.
-ronan looks suspicious but in the end it’s been blue all along.
-ronan steals his polo shirts. gansey is not impressed.
-driving to amusement parks! blue and henry take an unimpressed selfie each time gansey insists on pulling over to look at some historical monument at some point.
-adam is hella not convinced about the rollercoasters
-neither is gansey lets be honest because our sweet two times dead child does not want to go a third time. he dutifully follows blue on each ride though only because she is a wild child that lifts her arms up in the air and likes the rush and damnit if gansey isn’t holding tight to her hand each time.
-henry thrives on the drop tower.
-and cotton candy
-and funnel cake
-ronan takes roughly a million photos of henry’s hair since all the rides completely wrecked his carefully styled ‘masterpiece’.
-also: adam and ronan kiss and it tastes like lemonade and suddenly ronan starts craving lemonade all of the times.
-gansey has been trying to find apartments. he has a year off between school and blue wants to live for the first time uncursed.
-eventually they find a loft halfway between ronan’s farm and adam’s school.
-it’s above a used bookstore and cafe and blue falls in love with it.
-she makes curtains for the windows that are different colours and nothing in the loft matches in terms of decorations. wind chimes made from coca cola bottles and prints of frida kahlo and fairy lights hung everywhere.
-adam and ronan give them firefly lanterns.
-henry makes them paint the spare bedroom yellow and black because they all better know he is going to be crashing there.
-summer is ending and they are all painfully aware of it
-gansey has been sleeping like a normal human
-adam has been as well
-ronan still can’t be called a normal human
-blue takes a photo for her instagram account on the very last night of summer of the group in the field surrounded by the stars and fireflies and it;s beautiful, and in the photo you can almost make out the sight of smudgy boy standing next to ronan
-they all drive adam to his new dorm the next day and completely terrify his roommate
-three boys in the hallway attempted to catcall blue and had a face full of a pissed ronan and gansey, and even worse, an annoyed blue.
-henry brought far to many cactuses to decorate adam’s desk with just so he would have something to remember ronan by
-”because, you know, your boyfriend is a giant prick”
-ronan also brought a snow globe with glitter.
-blue also strings up more fairy lights because try and stop the five foot girl wearing the shirt with the words ‘not your babe’ across the front.
-ronan assists in stringing them above the desk and bed because she wasn’t quite tall enough
-gansey tears up a little bit at the sight of his boy going off to his school.
-henry takes photos and eventually talks in one of the traumatized boys that blue tore skin off verbally into taking a group photo of them.
-it’s a bit crowded, since they’re doing it in adam’s shared bedroom.
-henry has blue on his shoulders and one her hands is messing up gansey’s hair while ronan is wearing a flower crown that adam brought with him, one arm around his waist and has the smuggest smirk on his face while adam looks so blissfully happy.
-a week later blue and gansey quietly move into their loft
-three days after a doormat shows up saying “fuck off”
I have a story to relay for you, Tumblr. About life, about perseverance, about sticking it to the man, and about super cool secret passageways.
In the late 70s/early 80s, Illinois State built a brand new dorm building where the rooms all had two closets, one on each side wall. But because they built the dorm on the cheap, the backs of the closets didn’t have real walls, only thin pieces of pressboard. That was all that was separated one dorm room from the next.
Once students figured this out, they cut big holes in the pressboard so that you could get to the adjoining dorm room by opening the closet door and scooting through the hole in the back wall.
They did this in room after room, until they had effectively built a huge secret passageway connecting every single dorm room on the floor.
The creation of this secret passageway led, almost immediately, to a culture of endless, enormous, authority-proof dorm parties. As soon as anybody knocked on the door or the party room, everybody could bail through the closets and be seven doors down the hall by the time the R.A. or campus security were let in. Or they would keep all the alcohol and what-not in one room, and have all the people in the next. So even when the R.A.s KNEW there was a ginormous party happening, they couldn’t do jack shit about it. It was total non-stop chaos.
Some of the bigger hooligans would commit all manner of mischief on campus, and then high-tail to this dorm building, knowing that once they were safely inside any room, there was no way the cops could ever find them.
Every summer, the school would replace the ripped out pressboard with sturdier and sturdier material. But students just got stronger saws, and kept rebuilding the secret passageways, year after year.
Eventually, only a few years after they built it, the school gave up and tore the whole building down.