This week I’m giving a shoutout to my fav person ever @poorpersonsgiude. You go girl! Also @stormfallss for lighting up my phone for over two hours the other night. Thanks for the love.
1. Keep paper bills. Bills such as internet, rent, and utility for up to five months. These help prove residency, which will be useful when applying for Medicaid, in-state tuition, and for some jobs. If you’re not receiving any sort of paper bills, keep pay stubs with your address on them instead.
2. Cheap salt. Never spend more than a dollar on salt. Seriously. Chain supermarkets and dollar stores will sell large quantities of it to you for 99 cents. You’re not the Queen of Sheba- you don’t need $5 salt.
3. Wooden floors. If any part of you apartment/dorm room has a wooden floor, consider buying Bona Hardwood Cleaner. It’s a little pricey, but my last squeeze bottle lasted me just short of a year. It’s the best wood cleaner around.
4. Postage stamps. You don’t have to go to your local post office to buy stamps (which is great because sometimes it’s not “local” at all). You can purchase them at pharmacy centers like CVS or Rite Aid, as well as large chain supermarkets such as Stop & Shop and Walmart.
5. Moisturizers. Pick up at least one moisturizer to save your hands during these long winter months. If you’re a newbie just buy Gold Bond, it’s cheap and good for everything except your face.
6. Shower heads. If you have a terrible apartment shower head with no water pressure buy yourself a better one. There a color changing shower heads on Amazon that I personally swear by. Just be sure to keep the original shower head and to replace it when you move out.
7. Keep your student ID card. Even after you stop attending school. You’ll still be able to receive student discounts at places like museums and cinemas. They have no way of knowing if you’re still a student. What are they gonna do- call your school? I do this all the time!
8. Yankee Candle. Is so expensive, but it’s the only candle really worth buying. I’ve tried all sorts of discount candles from dollar stores and even from Target, but none of them smell even half as good as Yankee Candle.
9. Reminders. Forgetting important things such as bill payments, birthdays, or contraceptives? Set alarms and reminders on your Iphone to help you stay on top. I personally hate the Iphone calendar app so I downloaded Cozi (it’s free) and I use that instead.
10. Clean that fridge. Try to purge your fridge out at least once a month. There’s nothing more disgusting than food so decomposed that you can’t discern what it once was. The general rule of thumb about leftovers is if you don’t eat it within the next two days you won’t ever eat it. Try to give your fridge a sponge bath every three months, the shelves are easy to remove and I just wash them in my sink.
So I’m watching the very first ep again and realize that when Shiro crash-lands and gets taken in by the hazmat crew he’s wearing what we learn later is his gladiator/prisoner getup:
but immediately following the rescue and subsequent getaway (during which he is out cold and still obviously in the same clothes) we see him the next morning,
clearly wearing his own clothes.
But where did they come from??
The other three paladins-to-be left the garrison with just the clothes on their backs (and lbr Shiro’s height and shoulder-to-waist ratio means he’s not going to fit into anything of theirs anyway), and there’s absolutely no way he’d fit into anything of Keith’s either for the same reasons.
That outfit is also not generic officers’ or instructors clothing from the garrison either, because I’m like 95% sure we see examples of both earlier in the ep:
Easter holiday has arrived, meaning i got to stay in and prepare for upcoming exams 🙄
On the other hand the weather is beautiful, so i don’t mind a little biochemistry revision…. Also…. Am i the only student who grows coriander, rosemary, basil and mint in their student accommodation ?!😂
With the Windenburg University Fan Pack, you can better prepare your Sims for their transition into adulthood. Immerse them in the college lifestyle and let the Campus become their classroom! Send those teens off to Get Educated!
Get set up in your new dorm room and meet your fellow students, maybe join a club or two! On the first floor of your dorm, you will find the common area where we keep recreational and gaming equipment that can be checked out from the hall desk, as well as a small kitchen for late night snacking.
Don’t forget to take note of the lecture halls inside the main building so you aren’t late on your first day. The Dean has a great view of the entire Campus from his office in the tower so make sure to be on your best behavior.
The library in the West wing of the main building boasts more than 3000 books to browse, 14 desktop computers, and a quiet space to spread out and do all that homework you’ve neglected!
The cafeteria in the East wing of the main building will keep you well fed. Keep an eye out for (hopefully) delicious experimental dishes from the Culinary Arts Kitchens upstairs.
Interested in the fine arts program? Take some time to explore your creativity in the Art District next door to the dorm. With it’s towering walls decorated with former student’s works of art, you’re sure to feel those creative juices flow and become inspired to create some of your own.
Across the Quad from your dorm is the Science District. Collect samples from the surrounding area to splice and grow in our gorgeous Greenhouse and terrace.
In your free time, ‘The White Lotus’ basement terrace is a gorgeous place to grab some caffiene and sweets. Later in the evening, The Green Leprechaun Bar will be your new stomping ground. Mingle with your fellow nightowls and blow off some steam! Shop at the official campus bookstore for all of your supply and swag needs.
Windenburg University Majors
Science (Skills : Logic - Programming)
Art (Skills : Painting - Handiness - Photography)
Media / Communication (Skills : Charisma - Photography)
items have been successfully playtested. For MAC users, you might
encounters stuttering issues if your computer is running on an old
version or with minimal requirements. For newest versions or PC users,
no issues have been found.
Because the University is set as a
lbrary, kids can possibly show up. It doesn’t happens a lot, but it
could be annoying for some users. To prevent this, chose the lot trait
“teens hangout”. Also, if you’ve Get Together, create a group of
students and set up the campus as their favorite location. With both
combine, you’ve a slim chance to have kids showing up, and if they do,
they’ll leave pretty soon.
(Includes all the custom contents, the poses pack and the lot tray file)
all so proud and happy to finally share our project. It was quite
challenging but I think the wait finally worth it. Thanks for your
support, your patience and ideas. Besides, I want to thanks all the
person who’ve somehow participated on the project. No doubt I’ll do it
again because it was such a great experience to share with amazing
creators and you. Once again, happy simming and feel free to tag us or
use the hashtag “windenburguniversity” if you’re using our creations ! -Red.
1. Cactus decor. Cacti are super easy to maintain (most only need to be watered once a week) and look great anywhere you put them. Buy them from a supermarket that also sells plants as opposed to a nursery because they will be cheaper.
2. Buy Febreze. Unexpected visitors are lovely, but not when your apartment smells like a baboon’s armpit. Febreze is affordable and lasts a long time, I use it on a weekly basis because I have two cats that love pooping when I have guests.
3. Baking Soda and vinegar are your one-stop cleaning solution for everything. Clogged drains, shower heads, cat pee stains, etc.
4. Ladies. Have sex while on you’re period. I can’t explain why, but it will be the best sex you ever had. Science side of Tumblr please explain.
5. First floor apartments suck. I lived in a first floor apartment for a year and a half and literally will never live in one again. They’re freezing in the winter and damp in the summer. Don’t waste your time!
6. Can’t pay your electric? I was in serious to debt to my local apartment (after living in a first floor apartment) and told them that I was unable to pay my $850 debt because it was more than my month’s rent. They worked with me and put me on a special program called POP where they paid off my debt for me, so long as I continued my regular monthly payments. There are options, you just need to ask and be persistent.
7. Don’t by olive oil. It’s sometimes three times as expensive as other oils like canola or vegetable oil. High quality olive oil can run you up to $25, if you’re buying olive oil for $4 then chances are it’s heavily diluted.
8. Swiffer. Swiffer mops take up very little space in your closet, and you can buy store brand mop pads for a fraction of the Swiffer brand price. I’m especially partial to Shoprites pads, they smell so damn good.
9. Beaded curtain. Small apartment? Throw a beaded curtain in the hallway to make your apartment seem larger.
10. File your taxes as an Independent. Your parents are receiving a tax break if you’re filing as a dependent under them, but that tax break hurts you. You will end up paying more taxes in the long run, because the government thinks that your parents still support you. File as an independent if you are no longer living with them and supporting yourself, they loose the tax break but you (the starving college student) will not be charged as much by the state.
Fuck this, Harry thinks, listening to the
rustle of Malfoy’s sheets as the insufferable git rolls over for what has to be
the fifth time in as many minutes. And fuck McGonagall for assigning Draco Malfoy,
of all people, to be his roommate. No wait, Harry immediately takes this back.
Even in his internal monologue he isn’t comfortable disrespecting McGonagall.
Still Malfoy is a nightmare to dorm
with. Merlin, Harry would much rather be having
a nightmare – at least then he’d actually be sleeping! Malfoy tosses and
turns all night. He gets up and
visits the bathroom two-three times every
night. What, does he have a
bladder the size of a peanut? It’s ridiculous.
All Harry wants is to sleep. All
Malfoy seems to do every night is make as much noise as possible. Harry
mentions it to Ron once at breakfast. Even though all the eight years have been
given new shared “houseless” dorms, thankfully they’re still allowed to sit at
their house tables. Harry is incredibly grateful for this. It’s bad enough
staying awake all night listening to Malfoy, he’d hate to have to put up with
him in the daylight as well.
“What the bloody hell are you
talking about?” Ron asks.
“He makes noises, Ron, in his bed. All night!” Harry explains, desperate for
someone to understand his frustration. It’s constant, night after night. Rustle rustle rustle.
Ron looks at Harry like he’s lost
his mind, a faint blush on his cheeks. Harry doesn’t bring it up again.
tired. So very tired. He can’t remember ever not feeling tired. It’s been so
long since he’s been able to really sleep. At least two years, maybe more.
Probably more. He thought things would change after the Battle of Hogwarts.
That Voldemort’s death would give him peace. But it hasn’t. Nothing seems to.
He doubts anything ever will.
night it’s the same. He lies in bed desperately willing himself to sleep, for
his body to give in and relax. But the relaxation never comes. Sure he gets
bits of rest here and there but it’s always fleeting, never enough. The morning
takes a lifetime to arrive and yet, somehow, it’s always too soon.
he studies late in the library. He pushes himself to remain for as long as
possible. What’s the point in going to bed anyway? Finally the exhaustion
becomes too much for him and he heads back to the dorm, all the while knowing
the exhaustion isn’t enough to grant him sleep. It never is.
is dark. Potter must already be in bed. He is surprised by how early all the eighth
years go to bed. In Slytherin lights out was always well after midnight.
Unfortunately, not many others from Slytherin have returned to Hogwarts to back
him up on this. So everyone seems to retire by 10pm every night.
stumbles around the dark room, trying to be quiet, his arm reaching out in
front of him searching for his bed pole to grasp, while his eyes adjust. There.
Using the bed post as a guide, he lets himself fall into bed.
Ah. His body crumples inwards,
pleased. It takes all Draco’s determination to keep his body upright throughout
the day when all he wants to do is collapse. His body craves for sleep all day
and then when he finally gets to bed, nothing. Yet another restless night.
Except today something feels different. His pillow is
softer somehow, his blanket warmer. There’s something else too. A strong, commanding scent he’s never noticed
before. He breathes in deeply and lets it wash over him. Grapefruit. Honey. Ginger. It’s comforting. And familiar. He takes
another breath. And another. His eyes close.
Seriously, if you don’t have access to a bathtub (like in a dorm), have issues with sensitivity, or just want your product to last longer, try soaking your feet in your bath salts of choice. Envision the negative energy flowing out through the bottoms of your feet and being washed down the drain when you dump the water. You’ll use less of it than if you had a full bath, and you can get a decent sized tub at the dollar store for cheap. Plus, if you work on your feet all day, it’s a great way to relax. You could also finish it up with a nice foot scrub and some nail polish to match your intent, if you’re into that. ✨