18. So the reason Hannah Abbott Longbottom isn’t Matron in 2020 isn’t because she didn’t get the job - it’s that after years of infertility and grief, she finally convinced Neville that it would be safe to take a fertility potion.
The potion worked a bit too well - they ended up with triplets. The first two were easy enough to name - Alice Pomona and Cedric Francis - but the third child was small and fragile and nearly died at birth. Frightened for their girl, they gave her the toughest, fiercest, most survivor-ish name they could think of
Okay, but asexual amicusromantic Neville Longbottom who isn't convinced that romance can possibly be better than his plants. -R
When all other subjects were a struggle for him, herbology was there to boost his confidence and make him feel like he was good at something. When other professors were intimidating or downright abusive, Professor Sprout was approachable and encouraging. When other things in his life were difficult or crumbling around him, herbology is what made him feel grounded and alive. Facing mandrakes and venomous tentacula helped Neville find his courage. Herbology was Neville’s first passion, and for that reason, he’ll always return to it.
“Neville, did you know you’ve got a nargle nest here in the West corner of this greenhouse?” Luna’s serene voice broke Neville’s train of thought.
Neville looked up from the fertilizer he was laying down. “No,” he said. “Are they dangerous to the plants?”
“Nope,” Luna responded, smiling happily. “In fact, I believe they help promote the growth of several types of plants.”
“Then they can stay,” he told her, smiling back.
“Like you could convince her to get rid of them, anyway,” Ginny teased, face smudged with dirt where she’d scratched her face without cleaning her hands first.
“I dunno, she agreed to re-home the nest she found down at the Leaky Cauldron,” Susan called out from where she was prepping the shrivelfig seeds.
“She tried to re-home them in a different corner of your pub!” Ginny laughed.
“They liked it there best,” Luna said, unphased by the friendly teasing.
“She convinced them to move in the end, though,” Susan said. “Hey, maybe she moved them here!”
Neville laughed. “Well, I don’t mind them,” he said.
“Very wise,” Luna said, winking at him, finally getting around to fetching the hose for Susan’s seed prep.
Silence settled upon the greenhouse once more, letting Neville’s thoughts wander again. He was comfortable. This was comfortable. Neville enjoyed getting to hang out with friends with their only expectation that they get to hang out. He enjoyed the freedom of meeting up with them at random times and then getting to re-focus and re-charge by himself. He enjoyed knowing where his relationships were standing. Maybe one day, he’d be ready to try dating, but even if he used to have a crush on Harry and then Luna and even if he had a crush on Susan now, he was just enjoying going at his own pace. Besides, without war looming over his head, he had a whole life in front of him. He had plenty of time for dating if he was ever ready for it.
So here’s my first HP imagine. I made the reader a Ravenclaw (bc let’s face it, I’m one) but if any other requests come with other houses, I’m happy to do them. For now, since the HP universe is so vast in characters - I’m keeping requests open for only Fred, George and Neville. I am open to the idea of a Luna one with either female or male reader though.
Anyway, I hope you guys are okay with me branching out. If it gets enough notes, I will be doing other parts as well as other HP fanfics. Thanks much.
“Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.”
When you heard those words - you knew the place for you. Granted, before that day, you didn’t know much about the wizarding world itself.
You didn’t even know that you had the ability of magic itself until your letter came.
Your mother died when you were at a young age - and while your grandmother had tried to enhance your learning of the subject of magic - it all came to a stop when she passed when you were 7.
Ok so…in the Battle of Hogwarts scene after Neville and them blow up the bridge and Neville and Ginny meet up with Harry, Neville says he’s looking for Luna to “tell her something” we know they don’t end up together, but does he tell her he likes her anyways?
- Draco scrubs the skin on his arm viciously every time he showers. The skin is always red and marked by scratches. He tries so hard to get the mark off of him. He wants to feel clean again.
- George can’t look in the mirror anymore. Not without remembering Fred. He smashes all mirrors in their home. He cuts his hair, he dyes it.
- Neville sees Nagini in his dreams. But in his dreams it reaches Ron and Hermione before he does.
- Harry has multiple wands all around his house hidden in places that only he knows. Beneath his pillow, beneath his bed, under the couch. Just in case.
- Hermione’s boggart is no longer failure.
- Draco and Blaise are afraid of fire.
- Someone accidentally calls George “Fred” once. No one knows who starts crying first.
- Headmistress Miverna Mcgonagall is fierce, powerful and kind. All first years are intimidated and amazed, she seems untouchable. However some nights she roams the school hallways and remembers every student she lost, every life that got taken away too soon, every soul that left them too early.
- Harry suddenly can’t stay in very small rooms. He feels trapped, his throat starts convulsing and his eyes sting.
- Hagrid still feels the weight of what he thought was Harry’s corpse in his hands. It haunts him.
- Hermione, Ron and Harry had gotten so used to spending months having one small meal per day that sometimes they forget they’re supposed to eat.
- Harry rolls in his sleep once and hits his forehead against the night stand on accident, when he wakes up with pain on his forehead his heart sinks and his whole body freezes. It isn’t until he sees the bruise that he’s able to calm down. Because Voldemort isn’t back.
- Ron dreams that he’s back in their tent, traveling and hiding, he’s changing the radio stations and he hears Ginny’s names as one of the victims.
- Molly always has “where’s Fred?” on the tip of her tongue, at all times.
- Harry spends the year post-war discovering who he is, what he loves, other than the Boy-who-lived and the Savior-of-the-Wizarding-World. Because there are things he never had time to think about, never had time to experiment, never had time to experience. Sometimes he wonders if coming back had been the right choice, because it hurt so bad on some days that he couldn’t take it.
- When Teddy is sad or scared and he’s crying, Harry tells him stories and shows him pictures of his parents, it’s then and only then that he calms down and his hair goes back to normal.
- Harry pulls back to himself when the date of his death nears every year, his friends do everything in their power to bring him out of it.
- Draco and Harry have talks about the war some nights, both saw what Voldemort was capable of, Harry in his dreams, Draco in his home. Both understand.
- Luna is quirkier and weirder than ever before. She always does everything in her power to lighten up the mood in the room when the silence is bitter and mournful. It’s like she can’t stop shifting and smiling and nervously twitching and saying random facts about things no one has heard of before. Everyone knows it’s her way of coping, of staying positive. So no one minds. It’s comforting.
- Harry gets the sudden desire to travel all over the world. Sometimes Ron and Hermione come with him, others he goes alone, once Neville joins him. Draco does too.
- Draco starts writing, he writes thousands of words on some nights and none on others. He’s good at it, too.
- Harry always, without fail, looks for Sirius’ constellation. He visits his grave too, tells him how things are going in his life, how he’s coping, how he isn’t.
- Hermione getting a tattoo of blooming pastel flowers on top of her “mudblood” scar, because she’s alive, many her friends are alive and she wants to remember that.
And maybe not all is well, maybe they have scars time cannot erase, but they’re together, their hearts are still beating, so it’ll be okay. They’re going to be okay.
Concept: a movie theater that only shows Harry Potter films. The movies will be in 4D. The temperature will drop when dementors are present. Fans will blow on you during quidditch scenes. Enticing smells will be pumped in during feast scenes but don’t worry about feeling hungry because the theater will serve Bertie Botts, treacle tart, drumsticks, butterbeer, chocolate frogs and those tiny little pies that Mrs. Weasley makes. Instead of loyalty cups, you get discounts if you wear a Weasley sweater.
if you’re ever feeling down just remember that Arthur Weasley would NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN HIMSELF IF HE MET YOU. literally, your phone: how does it work? what does it do? why do you have to tap it? why are you tapping so fast? wHY DOES MY FACE HAVE DOG EARS ON IT?? WHY AREN’T THEY THERE IN REAL LIFE? ONLY ON THE SCREEN? WHAT IS HAPPENING?? MOLLY I NEED ONE OF THESE DEVICES
What if Atlantis is just a Greek wizarding school.
Muggles originally knew of the island in Ancient Greek times, but then as new spells and magic was created, muggles thought it sank/mysteriously disappeared, after anti muggle spells were cast on the island to hide the school.