to those concerned about that recent interview, there was something in there that i found really interesting!!! [“we arent trying to cater or bait anyone.” and ”we’re just trying to do what’s right for the story.”] this is actually super interesting because that implies that all of those klance™ moments in the show are “right for the story” and not catering or baiting! Things like the ‘i cradled you in my arms’ and the ‘we are a good team’ scene? Those were right for the story, not baiting or catering. (which i mention mainly because i’m always worried about that kind of stuff)
of course they aren’t going to say whether or not klance will be canon (they certainly were trying to avoid confirming/disconfirming it) and I’m confused as to why the interviewer would bring it up when they should know that. either way, the possibility of klance has been heavily implied in the show from the beginning and as this interview specifically talks about how they won’t change the story as a result of fandom, i don’t think this interview is any cause to worry about klance.
But do you know what’s absolutely beautiful? Falling in love with the same person over and over again, because it shows that you’re never done with loving them, it shows that you are loving them every second of the day despite everything.
I love how Josh Keaton and Steven Yeun are polar opposites in the Voltron crew.
Josh immediately embraced the show and the fans, loves the #SpaceDad memes and aesthetic, literally makes tweets that say things like “Space Dad wants you to be happy :)”, wears Voltron gear all the time, tweets about it constantly, interacts with fans and is in the know on fandom memes, makes vines and videos related to Voltron, takes group pics with the other cast members at any opportunity, is super into fanart and fan work, and is omnipresent even in times of Discourse.
Steven is the cast Cryptid™
- did not even fucking acknowledge he was a part of the show for over a year, has never tweeted about it or promoted it in anyway, is never at any of the group panels, is never in group photos with the rest of the cast, the only group photos with him included have been photoshopped and that itself has become a meme, and last week for the first time ever he posted a pic on instagram of a chibi keith pin a fan sent him with the caption “dis cute.”
They are both icons on opposite ends of the spectrum.
okay so i’ve been watching the get down constantly since it came out, but recently i rewatched p1, esp. in prep for the tgd watch on twitter (check it out here to help us out!!) and i have some thoughts on episode six and dizzee’s experience at the club.
- first of all, i keep forgetting that two minutes before dizzee arrives, there’s the scene where thor’s like “you should come down to soho”
- and it’s so wild to watch that exact scene because as much as we joke about it being love at first sight for the two of them, dizzee genuinely had a crush on this dude ( and i think he knew it too) but hadn’t … like, experienced his awakening yet?
- so how amazing would it have been for him to 1. have met his idol (you’re thor? wow!), 2. have his idol save him from the police, 3. be praised and admired for his artmaking and ideas, which definitely wasn’t common in his life prior to this ( i like rumi, he’s weird though / your brother’s a fucking weirdo ), and 4. that thor likes him enough to exchange books and hang out with him? then thor invites him to a party? like at this point dizzee’s crushing on what used to a very highly esteemed colleague, and is now close to being his best friend?? stop??
- he meets up with thor and “beautiful girl” ( i will never forgive them for not giving her a name!! ) but he sees!! thor!! make out with her right in front of him and you can see he’s like
- but then dizzee goes into the club! and immediately you can see him go “!!!” this isn’t insignificant for him! this is a HUGE DEAL for dizzee
- thor’s like “yeah this is where the free people run free!!” and dizzee can likely see!!! wlw !! couples!! and mlm!! couples!! kissing near him!!
- he can see drag queens and people like him wearing dresses and makeup and it’s like he’s walked into a dream because he’s had thoughts about what if i could kiss boys?? what if i could wear nail polish?? what if i could wear dresses??? and so straight off the bat he’s being validated 100% by these happy dancing people and the cool disco atmosphere i mean he must be feeling high as a kite
- AND THEN and then he gives thor!!!!!!!!!! the fuckingggggggg RECORD
- he’s like “here it reminded me of you!” and thor gives him this HUGE SMILE thats so grateful and like ADORING like can you imagine how dizzee is FEELING right now
- then THEN the beautiful girl goes “you should get carlo to play it!” and dizzee’s like “okay cool who’s that?” and yeah its the dj and then she’s like “ya thor REEALLY KNOWS HIM ya know ;))))” . dizzee’s fucking
😱😱😱 does that mean what i think it means?? like this boy???? might like boys too ????? the fuck //????? liking girls and boys at the same time?????
- so he hangs out with the girl while thor goes off and he talks about the performers and he takes in a WHOLE NEW GENRE of art and dance and being!!
- the girl initiates the kiss but he goes in for it anyway and gets tapped on the shoulder
- and thor’s there, and dizzee goes “oh fuck i just kissed his girlfriend now the guy i’m crushing on is gonna be pissed at me” right?
- dizzee goes “sorry” and thor goes “my turn”
- MY TURN
- SO NOW IN THE SPACE OF LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES DIZZEE HAS REALISED THAT
IT’S OKAY TO LIKE BOYS AND IT’S OKAY TO LIKE BOYS AT THE SAME TIME AS GIRLS
THAT HE HAS A BIG CRUSH ON THIS BOY
THAT THE BOY LIKES HIM BACK AND MAYBE WANTS TO KISS HIM????
- and he’s unsure right? like christina aguilara’s song comes on and thor’s just dancing and dizzee’s like
…. is this real? did you just ask to kiss me a second ago?
- and the song keeps going and thor keeps dancing and bopping his shoulder good naturedly so dizzee’s like “no nah nah i’m not gonna do this what if i misread the signals”
- he didn’t
- the beautiful girl leans over and goes “IT’S OKAY, GO ON, KISS HIM!”
- IT’S OKAY!
- GO ON!
- KISS HIM!
HE’S SHY AND HESITANT BUT THOR JUST SMILES AT HIM AND KEEPS DANCING LIKE
- and dizzee at this point is just like “ ???????????????????????????? IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT”
- the beautiful girl takes this into her own hands and gives him a reassuring kiss, you know, one that’s familiar and comfortable and he closes his eyes and kisses back
- she pulls back and says TO. THOR. “HE’S A GOOD KISSER, I LIKE THAT A LOT.”
- A LOT
- AND THE MUSIC GETS CLIMACTIC AND THERE ARE ALL THESE QUEER RELATIONSHIPS GOING ON RIGHT BESIDE THEM PEOPLE ARE KISSING AND EMBRACING AND DANCING AND THAT WHOLE MONTAGE JUST REINFORCES THE FACT THAT THIS IS NORMAL!! THESE TWO BOYS!! JUST FEELING A LITTLE BIT IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER!! ITS NOT OUT OF PLACE IT’S OKAY!!
- they’re both so shy and it’s so pure!! like clearly this whole time thor has had a crush on dizzee as well and they don’t want to mess up and the beautiful girl in the corner is just like “this is the sweetest thing ever”
- thor gives him
- to reassure him because this is a hugely overwhelming experience for dizzee lbr!!
- and you can tell that dizzee is entranced by this whole situation because never in his LIFE did he expect a boy he liked to like him back!! he never anticipated that he would get to live THIS FREE !!
and they get closer and closer together and in a second we see a dozen people lock lips simultaneously, then the two of them slowly part, we’re left to imagine the magic and the wonder of dizzee’s first kiss with a boy (which i ❤❤❤❤❤).
- MYLENE CRUZ HERSELF BEGINS SINGING AS THEY STAY TOGETHER JOINED AT THE FOREHEAD FOR A FEW SECONDS BEFORE SLOWLY PULL APART, A MANTRA OF ‘SET ME FREE’ FOLLOWING THE TWO OF THEM AS THEY MEET ONE ANOTHER’S EYES
- THOR IS GRINNING
- SO HARD
- dizzee has straight up just kissed the boy he’s crushing on well enough for thor to look at him like dizzee is the SUN AND SKY
- they dance together a bit and then the beautiful girl joins them and it’s probably the best romance story ever written. romeo and juliet who? i don’t know them.
- i’m sick of this show blasting me with emotions i’m a weak bitch i can’t handle it
- he’s proud of us
- Jenna had to show him how to use the live video
- he was in his woods, he goes there a lot, and even though it’s his personal space, he “let us in there for a little bit” (not exact quote, but close enough)
- he’s proud of us
- he bought a leafblower and thanked us for it
- he’s proud of us
- he never had to buy a leafblower before, because he never had his own place where leaves could fall, so he never needed one. but now he does, because of us
- he’s proud of us
- he and Josh didn’t go to the Billboard awards because it would have been hard to organise it (and also he didn’t really want to go either)
- he doesn’t really like music awards
- when he was younger, he had to show his music to house guests whenever someone was over. he never wanted to, but sometimes he still showed them his music. every time he did, he was happier afterwards.
- he feels like they wouldn’t be here now without us giving them a little nudge to keep doing there music
(- also I think he might have said something like he wouldn’t even be here at all, but I didn’t fully understand that sentence)
- he’s proud of us
- he’s asking us to be patient with them, they are working on new music (!!!)
- he saw a deer walking by, he went to find it
- he had a bit trouble with turning off the live stream, but eventually did it