… ABOUT THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN OBI-WAN AND AHSOKA.
1) Ahsoka wasn’t chosen by Anakin, just like Obi-Wan wasn’t exactly chosen by Qui-Gon if you take JA into account (if you don’t, then the canon novel From a Certain Point of View does say no master was in any hurry to train him).
2) They left the Order as Padawans (again, if you take JA into account - if not, then Obi-Wan almost left the Order as a Padawan, though for very different reasons than Ahsoka).
3) They totally fight/disobey their Masters if said Masters do/say stupid stuff.
4) They befriend rebels and neutral people, and stick their noses into affairs that are none of the Republic’s concern (Melida/Daan if you count JA, Onderon, Mandalore, Felucia - Ahsoka really wanted to help the farmers).
5) Ahsoka uses Jar’Kai, Obi-Wan is pretty good at him himself (as opposed to Anakin who loses a hand one of the very rare times we see him trying to use two blades).
(Aw gosh look at these two badass space peanuts I love them so much)
(GREEN LIGHTSABER JAR’KAI REVERSE GRIP GO OBI AND SOKA GO KICK THE BAD GUYS’ ASSES)
6) They have the same friends. - Satine (whom isn’t Anakin’s friend) - Bail Organa (still not Anakin’s friend) - Chewbacca (stiiiiill not Anakin’s friend) - Kanan (not Obi-Wan friend’s but practically worshipped him as a Padawan) and Ezra (briefly for Obi-Wan but it still counts, I’ll fight people on that) - Ventress aka their n°1 murderous ex-Sith frenemy (kinda Anakin’s frenemy too but good ol’ Onhaka is definitely closer to Obi-Wan and Ahsoka) - Hondo aka frenemy n°2 (kinda Anakin’s frenemy too but good ol’ Onhaka is definitely closer to Obi-Wan and Ahsoka)
- Anakin (Obi-Wan’s best friend, Ahsoka’s best friend, and guys seriously you should reconsider your tastes in best friends)
6) They have the same enemies. - Grievous (Anakin saw him in person once and they didn’t even cross lightsabers) - Maul (whom they bested in combat several times - Anakin NEVER SAW MAUL IN PERSON EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME WHEN HE WAS NINE AND SAFE IN A COCKPIT LIKE A HUNDRED FEET AWAY AHKDOLEJHFGJKGFRTY HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE) - Pre Viszla (Anakin never met the dude) - Death Watch in general (Anakin never fought Death Watch, agaiiiiiiin) - DARTH FUCKING VADER AND THEY’RE BASICALLY THE ONLY JEDI TO FACE HIM AND WIN (Ahsoka lives, so it was at least a tie)
7) *sings* OH MY, MY MASTER DIED IN MY ARMS TONIGHT
(*still singing* Even though one of them is just undercover My master died in my arms tonight)
8) Look at these smiles they give each other *sobs* it’s not a similarity but I don’t give a shit.
(LOOK AT THIS SOFT SMILE AND THOSE GENTLE EYES GOD MY HEART)
(I couldn’t take a good screenshot for Ahsoka but go and watch the scene again, it’s the sweetest smile ever omg)
9) The high level of sass
“Where’s your army, Lady Tano?” “Busy defeating yours.” “It was so nice of your former masters to send you out alone and spare me the exertion of a proper fight. You’re not even a real Jedi.” “It’ll be a fair fight then. You’re only half a Sith.” ―Darth Maul and Ahsoka Tano