Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 2 dozen cookies
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces chocolate mints
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Cutting board and knife
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Ice cream scoop
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roughly chop chocolate mints.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing and scraping between each one.
- Pour in peppermint extract, vanilla, and food coloring and then mix until evenly colored.
- Mix in dry ingredients and then fold in chopped mints.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.