keep a tube of neosporin or other anti bacterial healing balm in your purse/pocket/desk/home. when you hyperfocus on imperfections and accidentally go too far, it’s a lifesaver for soothing skin and preventing scars
1. Neosporin is really good for stretch marks. (for people who dislike them but always know that there’s nothing wrong with having stretchmarks!)
2. Clean rooms bring good energy. Open your blinds and turn some music on a get to work. You will feel great!
3. The first thing you should drink in the morning is water, nothing else. Try to drink three cups throughout the day. It not only helps you lose weight but clears your skin.
4. Sometimes you just have to read certain shit and not respond, not everybody deserves to hear your answers.
5. Face masks are great. Find whichever kind you think you’ll like best and put it on after you take a shower and just chill in bed.
6. Too much coconut oil clogs your pores. Use it wisely.
7. Going to bed at a decent time is cool. Don’t let your phone distract you, the earlier the sleep the more energy you’ll have the next. More sleep = more motivation to get your work done. just do it.
8. Naps are good and sometimes it’s okay to not do that one page of homework and call it quits to get rest.
9. If you hate just plain water and you can’t stand drinking it put lemons and other fruits in it.
10. Water with lemon cleans your system out nicely and makes you urine more.
11. Eight tracks is a good app for new music and playlist. If you haven’t used it try it. Music always makes things better.
12. Keep your private life to yourself or else you will have to face other people’s ugly comments.
13. Try to read at least 5 books this year or more, especially if you don’t like reading. Reading benefits you in many ways, you will be proud.
14. If you have the time to get chores or homework done then do it, don’t tell yourself you’ll do it later.
15. Invest in good bath products, soaps and bath bombs and bath oils. they will do your skin wonders.
16. Invest in good hair products too, make sure you buy things for your hair type.
17. If you want to have sex then have sex and do you, forget the comments. Bring your own condoms if you must.
18. Be friends with who you want to be friends with. You don’t have to be friend everybody.
19. Always stick up for yourself, but if you are wrong and you are being told so, take time to think and accept it.
20. Keep an extra pair of panties, pads/tampons, chapstick and headphones on you just in case.
21. Cranberry juice, yogurt, pineapples, apple juice and just natural sweet things in general.. eat it. I hope you catch my drift.
22. Mens shaving cream works better than woman’s, it makes you skin softer and hair stays gone longer.
23. Men’s razors provide a closer shave. Invest in them.
24. Buying lingerie or pretty undergarments in general will make you feel so much more confident.
25. Sometimes it’s good to just listen to people talk and let them talk for the sake of you not arguing and loosing brain cells.
26. Everybody should take a bath a few times out of the week or months. Baths open your pores and yes showers are cool but baths are A1.
27. Always put on lotion after you finish bathing too. You want your skin nice and smooth at all times.
28. Save your money. as soon as you get it the first thing you shouldn’t buy is food. buy things that will last and benefit you.
29. Mind your own business. Who cares about what the next person is doing? Just do you.
30. Organize your closet.
31. Always be nice to people who are always nice to you.
32. Compliment other people. It’s good to uplift anybody. If you think somebody’s shoes are cute just tell them.
33. Treat yourself to pasta and something nice to drink on Friday nights after a long week. Pasta makes everything better.
34. Just learn to love yourself and who you are as a person.
35. You have a right to feel whatever emotion you feel, don’t judge your emotions.
36. If you are sensitive and people bash you for it, don’t listen to their ignorant words. Sensitive people are usually emphatic.
37. Make a grocery list before you go shopping regardless of how lazy you are.
38. Take walks. If you feel bad and need to breathe, plug in your headphones and walk. They clear your mind.
39. Keep a journal and write in it whenever you feel as if you have nobody to speak to. It’s a good way to get rid of things inside.
40. If you’re confident and you think you are the shit then you keep doing that. Or fake it till you make it.
41. Embrace insults. If somebody calls you a name turn around and flip it. People hate to see you unbothered.
42. Try to use natural/organic and cruelty free skincare/haircare products. Limit nasty chemicals, it’s good for both you and the environment.
Tips on how to feel better and look better by @contourkits
I don’t care what you think, Fall Out Boy was, is, and always will be the Neosporin for hearts and the remedy for the blues because it always just makes you want to dance and you always feel like your heart is dancing with the beat, no matter it’s condition.
never trust someone who picks at their scabs. someone who won’t let it heal. because when the real pain strikes, they won’t let that heal either. like peroxide on a fresh cut they’ll wash it away and try to pretend its not so bad. hide it underneath a bandaid. but that itch will start to come back. and they’ll always go back to pick. then both your hearts become infected and i think that’s how scars are really made. i’m beginning to think i’ve become immune to all the remedies. to all the fixes. no neosporin or peroxide can save me. no whiskey or blonde haired blurs will fix me. but you’re always going to be the hospital that keeps its lights on late. that phone that always talks back. that letter that never gets lost in the mail. and i will always be that bird lost at sea. that flower trapped between two blocks of concrete. i will always have those bandaids stuck on me. i’m no longer chained to mistakes. but the shackles will always remain. like a quiet reminder.
DO YOU NOT LIKE UR SCARS OR STRETCH MARKS FOR ANY REASON?
listen up ok i get it. scars, for whatever reason, can be embarrassing or just yikes, ya feel? and stretch marks aren’t a bad thing, but some people may not like that and i get it.
BUT TO ALL OF YOU, I HAVE A SECRET TO SHARE WITH YOU.
GET A LEAF (A REAL LEAF NOT THAT BS ALOE VERA GEL OK THESE PLANTS ARE CHEAP AND CAN GROW FROM ONE LEAF AND LIKE U ONLY NEED TO WATER THEM ONCE A MONTH SO !!!!) AND CUT IT OPEN. RUB THE JUICE AND THE LEAF ITSELF ALL OVER UR SCARS OR STRETCH MARKS OR WHATEVER AND YOU’LL NOTICE IT START TO FADE AFTER A FEW DAYS/WEEKS DEPENDING. (i did it and noticed a bit of change overnight)
ALOE VERA ALSO HAS OTHER BENEFITS, SUCH AS:
SOOTHING AN ITCH
HELPS WOUNDS HEAL, LITERALLY IS NATURE’S NEOSPORIN
HELPS WITH INGROWN HAIRS/IRRITATED SKIN FROM SHAVING (be careful with this one though)
AND RELIEVES SUNBURN
this has been my attempt at a psa/self care post :-)
you know how especially when you were younger like no matter what the scenario your mom always had exactly what you needed in her purse like she was some kind of mary poppins or something you know you’d spill and she’d have napkins or you’d get cut and she’d have bandaids and neosporin or like you were hungry and she’d have snacks just reachin in there pulling out an entire grand slam and a cup of coffee
I have talked to many people and done tons of searching to compile a list of all of the things you’ll need for college. My roommate and I have divided some stuff up, especially bathroom stuff. This is all the stuff we are taking to college!
Reblog this to help others who are struggling with their college checklist!
Bed sheets (2 sets)
Cup for toothbrushes
Shower curtain hooks
Shower curtain liner
Towel rack (over the door)
Hangers (thin hangers)
Pads/tampons (for the ladies)
Retainer (for those who’ve had braces)
Retainer case (don’t forget)
Dresses (I’m taking 3 or 4)
Pajamas (are a MUST)
Panties (15-20 pairs)
Pants (dress pants)
Purse (I’m only taking one)
Robe (a MUST)
Socks (24 pairs)
Workout clothes (in case)
Cup for pencils
(college ruled) paper
Staples & Stapler
Tape & tape dispenser
Broom & dustpan
Tiny Trash Bags
Toilet Bowl Brush
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Flash Drive/USB/External hard drive
My roommate and I have decided we are going to purchase our own microwave, minifridge, and toaster (instead of renting them from the University).
Please feel free to alter my list for your own personal needs.
Approximately 30% of people who use Neosporin (aka “Triple Antibiotic Ointment”) get a contact dermatitis allergic reaction to it. To be safe, you can use Polysporin (same contents as Neosporin, MINUS the neomycin) instead.
Click-through for the Allergen of the Year list on Wikipedia (as compiled by the American Contact Dermatitis Society), which makes for interesting reading.
Spent my morning previewing all the new kid-friendly products from the Band-Aid and Neosporin Teams (while enjoying a gorgeous brunch spread) 🍋🍏🍍 #PlayOn #goodmorning #brunch #fruitinfusedwater #refreshing by fashionablehostess