[EPISODE] 91. The Rod of Love is Born! Usagi’s New Transformation.
Series: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S
Kana: 愛のロッド誕生! うさぎの新変身
Romaji: Ai no Roddo Tanjou! Usagi no Shin Henshin
Original Air Date: March 26, 1994
Director: Yuji Endo
Writer: Shigeru Yanagawa
Animation Director: Katsumi Tamegai
Plot: The Sailor Senshi intervene when the young girl taking care of some stray cats is attacked by a daimon.
- The English word “Earth” was printed on Mamoru’s shirt. Mamoru/Endymion is the guardian of Earth.
- This was the only time that Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion appeared in S.
- The Great Animal Kingdom from episode 79 was mentioned.
- The Cosmic Heart Compact, the Spiral Heart Moon Rod, Moon Cosmic Power Make Up, and Moon Spiral Heart Attack were all shown for the first time.
- A daimon first said “Lovely.”
- The Crystal Star and both Sailor Moon’s original tiara and choker were all last seen in this episode.
- “Otome no Policy” was last used as the ending theme song.
- Cloverway’s English dub (titled “Crystal Clear Again”):
When Usagi/Serena tried to get her friends to adopt the kittens, Makoto/Lita said that her mother was allergic to cats. Makoto’s parents died years ago in the original story, and she lived alone.
The monster was referred to as a “daimon” by Tomoe, and then a “Heart Snatcher” by the Sailor Senshi/Sailor Scouts.
The TV airing zoomed in on Nekonneru/Nekonell’s thigh star to avoid showing her full leg.
“Jupiter Thunderclap Zap” reverted to its Japanese name.
The Spiral Heart Moon Rod was renamed the Spiral Heart Moon Scepter, and Sailor Moon’s new transformation command was shortened to “Moon Cosmic Power.”
- The Tsukino Residence
- The Death Busters’ laboratory
- Derelict western-style mansion
- Hikawa Shrine
- Miharu’s residence