HOW I DO MY NOTES (best for visual learners)
i’ve been planning to make a post like that when i reach 1k but i’m at 900 now (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT BY THE WAY) and i received a request for me to do this so i thought why not now?
(the request has specifically asked for help with chemistry but since my chem exam has passed and my geography one is in two weeks, this is me doing my notes for urban problems - new york case study)
1. BE IN A COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT!
- wear comfortable clothes ( i’m in my favourite and most comfy tee!)
- make sure it’s not to hot / cold (i have a fan)
- tie your hair up if it goes past your shoulders, you don’t want to keep flicking it everywhere (i always put mine in a bun)
2. HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PLACE
- my geography textbook
- a blank notebook ( i prefer using those with no lines so that i have space to doodle but it’s all up to you! )
- print out your online notes
- water bottle to keep hydrated
- coloured markers ( they’ll help later! )
- NOW YOU CAN GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
3. CREATE A COLOUR CODING SYSTEM
- using the coloured markers, create a colour coding system for your notes to be highlighted in
- i use the same colours for things in all subjects (eg: definitions - light orange, purpose - pale pink, characteristics - red, other info - turqoise) and some categories are specific to the subject (eg: solutions - orange)
- these markers are clean color markers that SHOULD be available at your local stationary shop!
4. USE THE COLOUR CODES TO HIGHLIGHT YOUR NOTES ACCORDINGLY
- the instruction speaks for itself
5. WRITE THE HEADER OF THE TOPIC IN THE BLANK NOTEBOOK
6. WRITE YOUR COLOUR CODE OUT
- its a personal preference of mine to write it at the top right hand corner of the page
7. WRITE YOUR HEADER, SUB HEADER, AND START ON YOUR NOTES. HIGHLIGHT EACH POINT OF WHAT YOU WRITE DOWN ACCORDING TO THE COLOUR CODES
this way you are ensuring that you don’t write down anything pointless because everything you write should fall under one of the above categories
8. WRITE IT ALL OUT, HIGHLIGHT ALL RELEVANT CATEGORIES, ADD SOME DOODLES, BOX IT ALL UP AND TA DA!
this is quite a tedious task so i would recommending opening some space in your timetable every week to do this for each subject instead of rushing it a few weeks before your exam (instead of doing what i’m doing right now)
anyway all the best in your chemistry exam ! fitnstudious
i will be fixing up a proper ask by tonight so you guys can ask me about anything and everything (i would love to help you guys in anyway) or chat to me :-)