Hi im not sure if u answered this already, but since your charaters have beaks, what do they use to shorten them?
Ah yes, I wondered when someone might ask this question… First, some scribbly studies to give folks a better idea of what the Aequis beak is like:
The keratinous beak is only present on the upper jaw, and is flexible: it can be lifted up to expose the shearing teeth. The beak itself doesn’t play much of a role in feeding, its primary use is to preen feathers: the inside is lined with spicules that act as a comb when pressing a feather against the flexible lower lip and running it through, feather shaft to tip.
The beaked lip does experience some rubbing wear when feeding (especially when stripping flesh from bone) but Aequis tend to be meticulous groomers even when it comes to their beaks/talons/scales: shiny beaks, etc. are always good points when trying to attract a mate.
So to keep their beaks short and trim, Aequis will use any roughened, hard surfaces they can find, from tree branches, to rocks, to bones. Aequis may also use the hard inner edge of their curving outer talons to scrape away any residue leftover from feeding.
I just realized I missed a golden opportunity to draw the very derpy face an Aequis makes when it drags the point of its beak across a rough surface to wear down the point. NEXT TIME!
-Seriously, Level 5 can’t remember where they left him
-Layton’s voice actor has gone AWOL
-”Mr Miller, we really need you to record some lines of the professor in peril -” “IT’S BAD ENOUGH I HAD TO SHRIEK IN PAIN FOR THE LIGHT BEAM SCENE IN AZRAN LEGACY. SERIOUSLY, LEAVE LAYTON ALONE.”
-Alfendi is threatening to destroy Level 5 unless they include him
-Every PL character wants a cameo and it’s taking forever to add them all in
-The developers are dying to give Clive Dove a cameo, but this makes no sense he’s evil and meant to be in prison??? Who cares - everyone has or has had a crush on Clive Dove. The fanboys will love it. Do it.
- Too many plot twists convoluting the narrative
- The character designs lack diversity, so they’re adding a greater variety.
- They want to put Lady Layton on the Switch too
- They’re making Mystery Room 2 at the same time
- “Sh*t, we forgot Flora again!”
- They’re writing more family bonding moments
- Beautifully animated cutscenes aren’t made in a day
- Older Emmy needs more muscles
- Finding new voice actors is hard
- Can’t decide on which character must get kidnapped
- “Have we decided on a mother for Kat yet? Is she alive? Are all the Layton kids orphans? Who knows?”
- Luke prefers America (he’s teamed up with Phoenix Wright) and doesn’t want to come back to England
- “We promised comedy in this game but it’s a little lacking… Time for a fart joke!”
🌸We went to a really bad con today. The only good thing is that @littlesongbirdcosplay brought her camera and got some nice photos of my casual Zarya.
🌸I had such a fun time being her. I cannot wait to actually cosplay her. I need to gain more muscle, but I will try to cosplay her Siberian Front skin this year.
🌸 Also what do you guys think of my hair? Should I use a wig in the future, or use my hair?