im just gotta neatly package everything ive got on the chalupa theory right now
- firstly remember how in character creation justin said taako’s last name was a secret to be revealed later in the plot. justin said it as a goof but griffins taken far too many goofs seriously at this point. significance in taako’s last name implies significance of his family. and since no one knows it, its very easy to say it’s been forgotten. as in static, potentially
- second, it’s been established that taako’s family all has mexican/texmex food-themed names, for instance the first time they were in the voidfish’s chamber
- third, there’s twins in the prophecy and fuck, it works. lup’s also associated with the phoenix fire gauntlet and gloves usually come in pairs which hammers in her being a twin farther
- fourth, the umbrastaff chose taako speaking in terms of the narrative and seems to have a special connection to him and wants to be with him at all times. it seems to have a mind of its own, like it’s being possessed. presumably by lup
- fifth, taako’s memories, even ones that should be perfectly in tact, are missing things and taako is the only one of the three who has this problem
in summary its gently implied that lup could be one of the twins, the name chalupa works, someone with a name like that could only be related to taako, and taako’s backstory tracks with it
let me know if i forgot anything!