- Two men shot in January near the Mexico border in Texas were wounded by “friendly fire” from their hunting parties — not undocumented Mexican immigrants, as one of the men had claimed, according to police.
- Walker Daugherty and Michael Bryant, guides with Redwing Outfitters, were indicted on charges of using deadly conduct by discharging firearms in the direction of others, San Antonio’s KTSA reported.
- On Jan. 6, Dougherty, 26, of New Mexico, is believed to have shot Edwin Roberts, a 59-year-old Florida chiropractor who was hunting at a ranch in the border town of Candelaria, Texas.
- Daugherty, who was also hunting at the ranch, was apparently shot and wounded by Bryant, a member of his hunting party. Daugherty and Roberts were airlifted from the scene.
- Daugherty and his fiancee told officers they believed that undocumented immigrants from Mexico were responsible for the shooting.
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller then used that as “proof” that Trump’s proposed border wall was necessary. The story went viral on the internet and Dougherty raised more than $20,000 on GoFundMe to cover his medical expenses. Read more (2/20/17 1:30)
more narukono?? u created this hell for me