- The NBA fined Golden State Warriors small forward Andre Iguodala $10,000 for making racially charged remarks to the press after the team’s loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday, per the Root.
- After the Friday night game, Iguodala was asked if he knew whether teammates Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green were going to be sitting out for Saturday’s game.
- “Nope, no clue,” Iguodala said. “I do what master say.”
- Iguodala explained his remarks, saying he meant no disrespect and that it was based on a locker room joke. Iguodala also reportedly used an anti-black slur during his press conference on Friday.
- Before the NBA announced the fine, Iguodala expressed his regrets on Monday night for making the off-color “master” joke. Read more (3/14/17 12:18 PM)