Now, normally, I would just make a list of the advantages that binary people have over people that are outside of the traditional gender binary, but instead, let’s look at the disadvantages of being nonbinary.
1. Not being able to find a restroom/having to choose a binary gender alignment just to take a shit
2. Disrespect from cis and trans peers, no effort to accommodate nb people’s needs
3. Being unable to legally or medically transition
4. Being the butt of jokes (“I’m pepegender and if you don’t respect my pronouns you deserve to die uwu” etc.)
5. Harassment from truscum; because they’re assumed to be “faking trans”
6. Being unnecessarily forced under a gender, repeatedly
Do I really need to talk about this in 2017? Didn’t we just go over this?
and yeah, categorizing bi people as ~*~wanting to be oppressed~*~ and ~*~not deserving of lgbtqiap spaces~*~ and ~*~special snowflakes~*~ is absolutely fucking harmful–especially since it’s a stereotype that is going to get stuck to ALL bi people who participate in bi tumblr, not just the ones you disagree with–because it is going to make it that much more difficult for them to access the resources and support systems that they fucking need.
not to mention the fact that a disproportionate number of bi people who interact with bi tumblr (1) have a mental illness (2) are trans/nb and/or (3) are in high school. as in, are literal children? and these are the groups of people that are going to be MOST vulnerable and MOST in need of support.
💚Lunarian GQ/NB people
💚Solarian GQ/NB people
💚Stellarian GQ/NB people
💚Aporagender people and maveriques
💚Bigender and Trigender people
💚Otherkin GQ/NB people
💚Neurodivergent GQ/NB people
💚Diamoric people and enbians
💚People with an unknown gender
💚GQ/NB people who use neopronouns
💚GQ/NB people who use nounself pronouns
💚Closeted GQ/NB people
💚GQ/NB people who use she/her or he/him pronouns
💚GQ/NB people who are out and proud
💚Questioning GQ/NB people
💚GQ/NB people who are afraid to come out. I understand you. It’s all going to be alright!!
💚AFAB GQ/NB people
💚AMAB GQ/NB people
💚Intersex GQ/NB people