- On Shia LaBeouf’s live stream Friday night, neo-Nazis and other trolls danced shirtless in front of a camera.
- Amid all the tattoos of Third Reich iconography bouncing around, one thing stood out: They were all drinking milk.
- Some white supremacists think white ethnic identity has a geographic, historical correlation with the body’s tolerance for milk — specifically, the production of the lactase enzyme humans use to break down lactose.
- On 4chan, one anonymous poster laid this thesis out using the above graphic from a study in Nature, showing hotspots of where certain populations have higher milk tolerances.
- The discussion thread also contained references to seemingly benign academic studies of “Lactose tolerance in a Slavic population,” conversations about whether modern industry has tainted the purity of milk, and several milk-based poems about white pride. Read more (2/10/17 2:57 PM)
Fun story about milk: in colonial Brazil the white people would tell slaves (black people or mixed race people) that eating mangoes and milk together was deadly. Since the slaves' diet revolved around mangoes (which usually grew everywhere) they didn't try to steal the white people's milk in fear they'd have that said bad reaction and die. So yeah, milk (and dairy, as we see by the expensive cheese sold) was basically a rich, white people's thing