hi! im a new simblr, can you give me any advice to start off? i love your page and theme, by the way. :)
Sandy’s Masterpost for starting a new Simblr! 👍
Welcome to the community! I’m so glad you like my blog! Just a few months ago I was also new to the community so I know how daunting it can be! Below I’ve put together a bunch of helpful tips and links that I’ve either used in the past or believe will be useful to you, and any other new/aspiring simblrs! Obviously, everything is subjective- what works for me might not work for everyone else!
🎁 The Basics:
- Make your tumblr a seperate tumblr, not a sideblog under your main/personal blog. It will make everything easier in the long run, trust me!
- Use your description to advertise to others what you and your blog are all about. Also having either your URL or your avatar sim related will quickly advertise to others that you’re a simblr!
- Enable replies and asks in your blogs settings, if you want people to be able to interact with you and your posts! Bare in mind an interactive simblr is much more approachable!!
- Keep it sim related! A few personal posts every once and a while is perfectly fine, but post a lot of unrelated stuff you could lose followers.
- Network! Follow other simblr’s, like their posts, leave friendly and encouraging comments! Making friends in this community is a sure-fire way to get started. I would be nowhere without my simblr friends!
- Don’t become disheartened if it takes you a while to take off! Every simblr grows at a different rate.
- Don’t mistag your posts! Failing to tag your NSFW content or tagging posts that aren’t cc posts as ts4cc will make you very unpopular.
- Keep your blog atleast 80% original content! It’s much easier for a blog that tries to be original to gain traction in this community!
- Don’t get caught up in how many followers/notes you have! Just post what you post because you love it! Don’t worry what other people think.
- Everyone at some point or another will recieve anon hate. It’s sad that there’s so many negative people out there, but my advice is just to delete it. If you do want to post it, handle it with grace and dignity! (think of Audrey Hepburn!)
- This is more a personal one but: try your best to avoid the drama!!
- Finally, treasure your followers & always stay humble!
🎁 Common Simblr Terms Explained:
- NSFW: Not safe for work. This is used for any posts that contain nudity of adult themes! It’s very important to tag these posts.
- WIP: Work In Progress. This can refer to any sim related project that is unfinished.
- WCIF: Where Can I Find? If someone sees a peice of CC in one of your posts that they like they may send you a ‘WCIF’ through your ask box, they’re simply asking where they can find that certain peice of cc. Not all simblrs agree to answer WCIF’s but it’s certainly very nice to!
- MM: Maxis Match. Refering to custom content that matches the general aesthetic of the game.
- Alpha: Refers to hairstyles that don’t fit the aesthetic of the game, as they have alpha layers which allow certain parts of the mesh to be transparent. This is what makes alpha hairstyles more realistic looking.
- Clayified: Refers to Alpha hairstyles that have been retextured to look more maxis match.
🎁 Tagging Posts:
🎁 Queues, Drafts, & Scheduling:
🎁 Setting Up Your Theme:
- Find a theme here!
- How to install custom themes!
- Ultimate theme installation guide!
- HTML Basics!
- Ultimate gudie to theme editing! 👈
- How to add a navigation page!
- Add a music player to your blog! 👈
- Add a online user counter to your blog!
🎁Helpful Tutorials & Guides:
- Improve Game Preformance and Fix Problems
- TS4 CC Creation Tutorial Directory 👈
- Visual Pose Creation tutorial
- Sandy-Sims masterpost for story-tellers 👈
🎁 Managing Your CC:
🎁 Places To Upload your CC for download:
🎁 X-Kit (optional):
🎁 Reshade (optional):
- What is Reshade?
- Pickypikachu Cinematic Preset 👈
- Pictureamoebae Heigh of Summer Preset
- Pictureamoebae Clear Summer Preset
This is everything I could think of! I hope something here helps you get started! If you’re hoping to be a story based blog I’d reccomend checking out my storytelling masterpost! Otherwise, good luck love!! 💖