Cleaning your altar
This isn’t an official way to do it and is just what I do. Feel free to switch things or adapt the process for your own needs. :)
1. First, you want to carefully take everything off the altar, quickly look it over for any signs of uncleanliness or wear, and set it somewhere safe.
2. Next if you use an altar cloth you want to take it off and shake it out, even throw it in the washing machine. You can put a temporary or new altar cloth on depending on the season.
3. I highly recommend wiping the table or surface down with a natural based cleaner. Being an Aphrodite devotee, I usually use a spray bottle full of rose water but anything without harsh chemicals will work.
4. Take a look at the items you took off your altar for any damage and clean them up again with a natural cleaner (you don’t want to damage them further).
5. Put the new or clean altar cloth on the altar and then arrange your items, switching out old things for items of the new season.
6. Consecrate the rearranged altar with a few words, a prayer, spell, or whichever. And you’re done!