1. Find products for YOUR specific skin type. Look into ingredients like salicylic acid (for normal/oily skin) or glycolic acid (for dryer/aged skin) and see how they affect your specific skin type. Don’t just do Proactiv or whatever bevause everyone else does it.
2. Kinda goes with no. 1, but look at the ingredients in whatever you’re putting on your face. Labels like “paraben free” are typically better for your skin. Look up ingredients you aren’t sure of, and make sure they aren’t notably corrosive chemicals.
3. Do a swatch test on your wrist or forearm for all skin products before putting them on your face. If the product irritates the skin on your arm, DO NOT put it on your face.
4. Do a mask once a week to really clean out your pores (cheap ones can be found at Target, Walmart, or your local pharmacy).
5. Drink lots of water, and eat fresh fruits.
6. MOISTURIZE DAILY. Even if you have oily skin (there are moisturizers specifically made for oily skin types). Moisturizers with SPF are a bonus for extra protection.
7. Shower/wash your face with lukewarm/cooler water. Hot water can dry out your skin immensely.
8. My skincare routine order: remove makeup, facewash, exfoliator, mask, toner, acne/spot treatment, moisturizer/spf
9. Never ever ever sleep with makeup on
10. Coconut oil and other essential oils can be great for your skin, but they can also clog up pores if you have an oily skintype. Bear that in mind.
11. Try to buy skincare products of the same brand, or at least that have similar ingredients. Mixing the wrong brands/chemicals can cause acid burn on your face (which from personal experience hurts like a bitch and takes a while to heal.)
12. Witch hazel is a fantastic all natural toner
13. For more acne prone skin, try to find a moisturizer with salicylic acid for that extra defense. Clean and clear ($8 at any drugstore) works wonders
14. Don’t pop your pimples ever (but if you do, make sure to only pop the whiteheads)
15. Those tiny black dots on your nose are supposed to be there. They’re pores, not blackheads, and should be cleansed regularly. However, you should still have those little pores on your nose visibly. Stop tryna get rid of them.
15. Touch your face as little as possible
16. Change your pillowcases often, especially if you sleep on your front
17. Every few months, change up the brand of your skincare products. The oils and bacteria on your skin eventually adapt to the products you use, and they stop being as effective
18. Some brands of birth control can actually double to clear up your skin
19. Wash your scalp and hair often, especially if you have acne on your hairline
20. Relax. Skin can be severely affected by extreme stress levels
21. Swap out your heavy foundation for a light BB cream on casual days. BB cream is more protective and moisturizing for your skin, and still offers natural coverage
22. Look for makeup products with SPF. These products can moisturize and protect your skin from sun damage while still keepin ya face beat
23. Always moisturize and prime before putting on makeup, to make it last longer and to keep your pores clear despite layers of foundation, concealer, powder, etc
24. Splash/spray some rose water onto your face before moisturizing. This both tones and hydrates your face to really lock in moisture.
25. Don’t go overboard with the amount of products you put on your face. Sometimes, less is more.
Hi I’m doing like, a giant unfollow spree (bc i follow a ton of inactive blogs for some dumbass reason lolol), so if you post abt:
- Marilyn Manson (preferably 90′s or early 2000′s but I’m not picky either way)
- The 1975
- Aesthetic pictures (flowers, nature, etc)
- Makeup looks, makeup palettes, etc
- Turnover, Modern Baseball, The Front Bottoms, Mac Demarco, etc (i’ll tag other bands in the tags bc I wanna follow blogs that post those bands too)
- 90′s girls, like Rose McGowan, Drew Barrymore, Winona Ryder, etc
- 60′s - 90′s aesthetic era stuff!!
- Rupaul’s drag race (preferably the queens: Trixie Mattel, Violet Chachki, Sasha Velour, Shea Coulee, Peppermint, Adore Delano, Alaska 5000, Tatianna, etc etc, i’ll tag some other queens bc I don’t mind if you don’t post abt those queens specifically, those are just my faves lol)