lance learning about the youngest pilot of his generation, a.k.a. openly bi pilot takashi shirogane. he not only manages to make it into the garrison despite his adhd and him not being the best at math, but manages to make it to the top, and was first chosen to be in a fighter pilot class once a position was available. all because he saw shiro in an interview when he was young and decided, i want to feel what he feels when he talks about being with the stars.
a top 10 or top 5 of the nastiest fandom wars that ever happened around the years on the internet in the Rivals verse and why they happened
Top Ten Nastiest Fandom Wars of the Rivals!Verse Skating Fandom
10) The ‘Only True Viktor Fans’ war - a war that happened relatively early in the series when a bunch of Viktor fans started getting elitist and claiming that a lot of Viktor fans were fake fans who only liked him because he was popular and famous. They claimed you had to have liked Viktor before he was popular to be a real fan or know loads of random facts about him to show how dedicated you were to him. There ended up being a online quiz made called ‘How To Prove You’re A True Viktor Fan’ asking all these different questions like his birthday and his favourite colour and all that. Phichit dared Yuuri to take it while Yuuri was drunk. Yuuri did and got 100%. He didn’t speak to Phichit for a solid three days afterwards.
9) The ‘Is Katsuki a Virgin’ war - When Yuuri was about 18 there was a big fandom war over whether he was a virgin or not as some people claimed he was too 'cute’ and 'innocent’ and some claimed he was clearly mature and experienced. It was fuelled a lot by the fact that no-one had ever seen Yuuri date and so they didn’t know if he was extremely good at hiding it or just didn’t do it. There was a lot of gross speculation going on and digging into Yuuri’s past through social media to try and figure it out. Eventually people on both sides really crossed a line trying to find 'proof’ either way and when people started asking Yuuri about it in person other parts of the fandom got together to tell them that it was wildly inappropriate and invasive and clearly made Yuuri very uncomfortable when people asked him and they all needed to stop right now
8) The 'Viktor/Victor’ war - A massive prolonged fandom argument over the correct way to spell Viktor’s name. Viktor eventually settled it by saying his name was written in Cyrillic anyway and so he really didn’t care how people wanted to translate it into the Latin alphabet
7) The 'Phichit/Yuuri vs Viktor/Yuuri’ war - Fandom war between shippers that got really nasty. People on the P/Y started calling V/Y disgusting and abusive and people on the V/Y side started calling P/Y manipulative and wrong and it all became a massive shitshow where people started to insult the real people they were talking about (Viktor, Phichit and Yuuri) over imaginary ships
6) Chris/Viktor vs Viktor/Yuuri War - Very similar to the above war only with Chris/Viktor instead of Yuuri/Phichit
5) The 'Stop Showing Real People Fanfic/Fanart’ war - Some Viktuuri shippers were taking things too far and asking invasive questions about Viktuuri to Viktor and Yuuri themselves or sending them links to explicit fanart or fanfic. Other people in the fandom had to step in and remind them that it wasn’t ok to show the real people fanfic or fanart unless they explicitly asked to see it as they might not be comfortable with it and that asking shipping questions to the real people involved was inappropriate. This was before Viktor and Yuuri were together and contributed to Yuuri’s fear of revealing their relationship as he knew that some people would never leave their personal lives alone once they knew.
4) The 'Sabotage Conspiracy Theories’ war - Some of this you saw in the fic itself but this was a prolonged war over all the conspiracy theories like 'Viktor Crashed Into Yuuri On Purpose’ theory, the 'Yuuri Sabotaged Viktor With The Doping Scandal’ etc etc
3) The 'Yuuri Katsuki is a Slut’ war - A small subset of Viktor fans started this war after Viktor and Yuuri’s relationship was revealed and started claiming that Yuuri was just a slut who slept around with other skaters to convince them to let him win. Viktor was FURIOUS when he heard about it and he spent about a solid week online absolutely ripping apart anyone who had been speaking badly about Yuuri. Chris and Phichit also helped very enthusiastically
2) The 'Viktor Fans vs Yuuri Fans’ war - The fandom war that extended across the whole series between the Viktor fans and the Yuuri fans that you see a lot of in Rivals. Most of it stayed to insulting each other online but there were several actual fights at competitions and some really bad sportsmanship shown during times when the fans booed or catcalled the opposing skater
1) The 'It’s All Fake’ war - The final big fandom war that happened after the Viktuuri relationship was revealed. While most fans accepted that they were together and were happy that they were happy regardless of who they supported before, there were a subset of skating fans who still loathed either Viktor and Yuuri and were convinced the whole relationship was fake. Viktor was manipulating Yuuri into being with him, Yuuri was blackmailing Viktor into pretending to love him, all stupid conspiracy theories like that along with the people who thought that they were both faking it for the publicity. These rumours were only completely crushed after Viktor and Yuuri got married and everyone could see how completely in love they were and how committed they were to each other.
it’s unethical if not illegal. in most states in the u.s., the virginia opossum (assuming you mean this one) cannot be kept without a wildlife rehabilitation license, as it should be.
as a general rule, i don’t believe in or support wild animals being kept as pets, because they are wild animals. they will not fare as well as they can even in the most dedicated captive environment. leave the care of wildlife to rehabbers if the need arises, and keep them out of the pet trade.