TUTORIAL: Precious Gems Nail Art Inspired by The Ring and The Crown by http://www.chalkboardnails.com/
GET THE LOOK:
- Paint your nail with a nail polish in a medium jewel tone.
- Using a nail art brush or a toothpick and contrasting nail polish, lightly sketch out a oblong hexagon down the length of your nail. Don’t worry about being too precise here, this is just a guide!
- Add facet lines from each point of the hexagon outwards towards the edges of your nail.
- Working on a piece of tinfoil or wax paper, mix three drops of your base polish with one drop of white nail polish. Fill in the left and top right spaces with your newly mixed shade.
- Mix one drop of your base polish with three drops of white nail polish. Fill in the top left space with this shade.
- Mix five drops of your base polish with a tiny drop of black nail polish. Fill in the bottom left and right spaces with this shade.
- Mix four drops of your base polish with one drop of black nail polish. Fill in the bottom right space with this shade.
- Using your shade from step seven, outline the facets. If the polish starts to thicken, mix more to avoid lumpiness.
- Add some highlights to your gem with white nail polish.
- Finish with topcoat for seal and shine.