Çok durgun, uzun boylu ve ipincecik bir edebiyat hocamız vardı fakat dil anlatım derslerinde kendisini gösteriyordu. Fazla ciddiydi ve nadir gülerdi ama seside güzeldi. Konuşurken yada bir şeyler okurken tonlaması gayet iyi olan bir insandı. Bir keresinde sınıfa kitap dağıtırken eşinin ona içine not yazarak hediye ettiği kişisel bir kitabı vermişti. İçindeki notta ne yazıyordu bilmiyorum fakat kız “hocam bunu eşiniz size hediye etmiş, yanlışlık oldu galiba” derken tüm sınıfla beraber hoca da tatlı tatlı gülümsemişti.
Birisi twitterda edebiyat hocasının kitabını aldığını ve geri getirmediğinden bahsetmiş. Bu saatte aklıma geldi. Nedense kelimeler bir şeylerle eşleşmiş gibi. Bir kelime bir anı. Hocamıza ve eşine mutluluklar. Çok hoş bir ilişkileri olmalı. Tebessüm.
Kendisine değil de, gülümsemesine aşık olduğum bir insan evladı var. Ama bu sadece bana ait bir duygu değil. Çevresindeki herkes aynı duyguları paylaşıyor. Öyle ahım şahım yakışıklı biri değil, havalı hiç değil. Normal biri işte. Çok nadir gülümser, hep ciddidir. Ama bütün samimiyetiyle bir güldümü, ondan gözlerini alamazsın. Gülümsemesi gözlerinin en derinlerine kadar ulaşır. Bir kere daha gülsün diye birçok şey yapabilecek hale gelirsin. Bu insan evladı, benim yakın olduğum biri değil. Hatta o beni tanımıyor bile. Sadece uzaktan bir ya da iki kez gördüm gülümsemesini. Ve şimdi gecenin dördünde, kalbimdekileri paylaştığım bir yerde, ondan söz ediyorum. Vay arkadaş, nasıl gülümsemiş te bu kadar etkilemiş milleti derseniz de; Valla abi bir gülümsemesi var, sanırsın Beşiktaş sahaya çıkıyor.
Fourth house-Tenth house Axis: The Family Portrait
We have Capricorn’s tenth house representing the ‘dominant parent’, and
Cancer’s fourth house relating to the ‘sub dominant’ parent. Cancer’s ruler, the
Moon facilitates the preparation for pregnancy in the 28 day cycles, the
waxing and waning symbolizing the swelling of the belly in pregnancy,
and the supernal maternal instinct. Capricorn sends us out into the
world with our skills and talents at best, while Cancer welcomes us home
with gentle arms. The dominant parent provides the structural support, and the subdominant parent expresses emotional support. The tenth house and the fourth house can indicate conditions around the parents and the upbringing. These will be the perception of the child, rather than what may be observable by others.
Aries in the 4th house/Libra 10th house - Experiences with the mother may have been fun and exciting but also challenging and full of conflict. She could have been the commanding force in the home. There is loyalty but tension. Maybe there is a lot of doting on the father. It may have been him that taught love
Taurus 4th house/Scorpio 10th house - Dominant parent is quite powerful, commanding, and socially present. But there may also be an absence, a sense of neglect, physical or otherwise. The mother may be known for her beauty and sense of style. Maybe she was gentle but martyred
Gemini 4th house/Sagittarius 10th house - Educative and open household. Subdominant parent may have been impractical, disorganized but clever. Father can be moral and worldly, but there can be a pang of distance, emotional or otherwise, from each. The individual lives in their own world
Cancer 4th house/Capricorn 10th house - The individual is highly sensitive to the emotions of the mother. There may have been a lot of early movement. The father could be the disciplinarian while the mother is the emotional recluse, a cradle of safety. The father was a hard and sacrificial worker. A lot of love
Leo 4th house/Aquarius 10th house - The father may have only been present erratically. Maybe he is unusual, talented, but impractical. The dominant parent taught the need for independence. The mother was likely highly present and influential. The individual was the light and star of her life.
Virgo 4th house/Pisces 10th house - The dominant parent may be very creative, unusual, and spiritual, but also or rather mentally ill, substance abusing, and emotionally and physically weak. The subdominant parent could have encouraged the individual to read and become educated. The household is communicative. Mother may have trouble with nerves
Libra 4th house/Aries 10th house - The dominant parent is inspiring but also dominant and possibly interfering. Independence will be instilled in the child. The relationship with the mother may have been sweet and friendly, while the relationship with the father could be full of challenge and conflict
Scorpio 4th house/Taurus 10th house - One of the parents may have been threatening or pedantic with the child. There could be fears of abandonment. Powerful and inexplicable bond with the mother. The dominant parent can be creative, solid, and reliable. Maybe the public has a rosy perception of the home that is untrue
Sagittarius 4th house/Gemini 10th house - One or both of the parents
distributes high wisdom. Education is encouraged. The household is
liberal and communicative. Subdominant parent is meditative and spiritual. Dominant parent is vocal and highly influences the way the individual thinks. They could think identically. Nomadic upbringing
Capricorn 4th house/Cancer 10th house - The mother can be the provider. Home ownership will be important. Father may have been the emotional nourishment. Mother influences professional decisions. Strict and regulated childhood. May have felt unwanted
Aquarius 4th house/Leo 10th house - The dominant parent may project unlived desires through the child. Both parents tend to be very proud of the individual, but fail to express this to to the child itself. Subdominant parent may have been frequently absent. The father strongly present and there could be high expectation. A lot of movement. Freedom of expression was likely encouraged. Searches for father figure if denied one
Pisces 4th house/Virgo 10th house - The subdominant parent may be a creative visionary, compassionate, mystical, and powerful, but may have also been dependent, unrealistic, suffer mental illness or addiction. Dominant parent may have been humble but concerned with routine and wrapped up in anxieties. The relationship with the mother is ill defined
These can be varied depending on the presence of planets in the fourth or tenth houses, the aspects made to these planets, and the planets by degree also ruling the cusp.
Often when I think of Erik, all I can imagine is one of those jerk-faced cats who like to stare you right in the eye and push your valuables off counters. I like to think the Daroga responds appropriately.
You know, Joseph Buquet, a character who is dead before the beginning of the novel, is in more adaptions of the Phantom of the Opera than the Persian, a character that the whole climax of the novel is told from the point of view of… I just find this strange.
Henry Wheaton - Norse Cosmos of the Nine Worlds, “Histoire des peuples du nord, et des Danois et des Normands”, 1844.
The cosmic geography in which the Norse deities dwell encompasses nine realms of interconnected realities that are often referred to as the Nine Worlds. These realms are all linked together by the various branches of the cosmic ash tree referred to in the myths as Yggdrasil. Asgard was connected to Midgard (the Earth) by a rainbow-hued bridge called Bifrost. The Nine Worlds of the Norse cosmology are the following:
1. Asgard - the realm inhabited by the great majority of the Norse deities, and ruled by Odin and Frigga. Most of the deities have their own palace, and it’s the original home of the war-loving Aesir tribe. Asgard is described in the myths as an amazing and majestic realm of towering spires and palaces of gold and silver situated within a remarkable city. It is surrounded by miles and miles of enchanted woodlands, rivers, and seas, which are populated by a large number of life forms, many of them analogous to Earth creatures, such as dogs, cats, and horses, and others unlike anything natural to the biological fauna of Earth, including dragons and various types of sea serpents. This realm is also the original home of the Aesir, one of the two tribes of deities who merged into a single tribe, the Asgardians. A special section of Asgard called Valhalla is inhabited by the souls of heroic and virtuous mortals who followed the Norse path, and these honored dead, known collectively as the Einerjar, are ruled by Odin and Freya (each of whom rules over half of these fallen heroes).
2. Vanaheim - former home of the Vanir, a tribe of peaceful but powerful fertility deities, that went to war with the Aesir of Asgard and eventually achieved peace with them, merging and intermarrying with this other tribe, and making their home with them in Asgard. Vanaheim, like Asgard, is a spectacular realm that is dotted with vast, unspoiled forests and bodies of water, all of which are inhabited by nature spirits and equivalents of Earth animals.
3. Alfheim - the realm of the Light Elves, once ruled by the Norse god Frey in his youth (who since migrated to Asgard). The light elves are the enchanted, shape-shifting beings of great magickal power who were known to the Celtic people as the faerie folk, or fays, and Alfheim is simply another word for the twilight realm known in Ireland and Scotland as Faerieland.
4. Svartalfheim - the home of the Dark Elves, an offshoot species of the inhabitants of Alfheim, who have been known to people in the Western world as goblins, bogarts, and many other names.
5. Midgard - this word, meaning “Middle Realm,” is the Asgardian name for the Earth dimension, which is the material manifested world of humanity that we mortals inhabit. As we all know, our realm operates under a set of physical laws recognized by science, but the quantum nature of our reality enables mortals of varying skill to wield energies that can be drawn from the other, magickal realms comprising the Nine Worlds (and beyond).
6. Jotunheim - the realm of the Jotun, or Giants, a third tribe of humanoid beings of great magickal power to rival the Aesir and Vanir who never made peace with either of these other two tribes, and are considered their sworn enemies. This realm is distinguished by an extremely cold, snow-capped tundra and huge mountain ranges.
7. Nidavellir - rocky realm characterized by miles of caves whose whose lower levels are inhabited by the diminutive and elusive race of humanoid beings known as the Dwarves, where they maintain their forges that they sometimes use in the service of the deities, and occasionally for a few select mortals.
8. Helheim (Hel) - this is the twilight realm of the common dead, the souls of those mortals and deities living under the purview of the Norse cosmology who were neither truly heroic nor truly evil, and are ruled by the death goddess Hela, where her great palace resides. Helheim (not to be confused with the Hell of Biblical legend) is described as having a gray, barren, and bleak landscape.
9. Niflheim - this frozen reality of endless snowscapes is the bitter realm of the dishonored - i.e., evil dead, the relatively small number of mortal souls of those people who were truly and remorselessly malicious or murderous while alive. It’s described in the legends as being an extremely cold, frozen landscape of endless night. The souls confined to that realm are subject to frequent hardships and tortures, and also fall under the rulership of the death goddess Hela. Niflheim is the former home of Ymir, the primal frost giant, and the birthplace of the later race of giants whom he spawned during the early history of the Nine Worlds. Niflheim may also be the same dimensional plane as the afterlife realm sometimes referred to as Winterland, where a small number of Wiccans fear that the most malign amongst their number may dwell at least temporarily following their mortal demise.