a non-comprehensive playlist of definitive music and moments in the life of a modern skating fan
volume 1: 1. isu fanfare - international skating union (0:28)
2. chambermaid swing - parov stelar (5:44)
3. spider-man theme - michael bublé (3:04)
4. pchan raves about yuna - dj bijoux (3:30)
5. YeeeEEEeeaaAAAAaaaHHH - adelina sotnikova 2012-13 “burlesque” FS (4:12)
6. el tango de roxanne - moulin rouge soundtrack (4:43)
7. oooooooh - 2016 4CC replay music (1:00)
8. the sergei voronov experience™ - sergei voronov 2014-15 FS (4:41)
9. HEY! YOU! - ilinykh/katsalapov 2012-13 “ghost” FD (0:32)
10. feeling good - michael bublé (3:57)
11. million voices (eh eh eh eh eh ah ah ah ah ah) - otto knows (5:57)
12. ROAR - scott moir, 2013 worlds “carmen” FD (0:06)
13. je suis malade - lara fabian (4:24)
14. ICEBERG! RIGHT AHEAD! - jorik hendrickx 2015-16 “titanic” FS (4:47)
15. i can’t dance - genesis (4:01)
16. the all-purpose rach 2 cut - sergei rachmaninoff (4:12)
17. LOCO LOCO LOCO - shoma uno 2016-17 “balada para un loco” FS (4:51)
18. hard rock operatic bolero - fuji tv (1:13)
19. the swag song - jusreign (3:28)
20. sweet baby - andy hamilton, lena fiagbe, steve byrd (2:05)
21. tatiana tarasova reacting to maxim kovtun - tatiana tarasova (0:12; source)
volume 2: 1. isu fanfare - international skating union (0:28)
2. dirty love - johnny weir (3:38)
3. chimes/technologic - boyang jin 2015-16 EX (2:56)
4. duetto buffo di due gatti (red cat) - giacomo rossini (3:19)
5. bahamut - hazmat modine (3:19)
6. legends (techno harmonicas) - sacred spirit (7:04)
7. i finally found someone - barbra streisand, bryan adams (3:48) 8. figga please - FiggaSk8ter (3:13)
9. yo soy maria - astor piazzolla, horacio ferrer (3:21)
10. lion king dubstep remix - max aaron 2016-17 FS (1:57)
11. lonely (bad remix) - akon (3:56)
12. cowboyang - boyang jin 2016-17 EX (3:04)
13. my heart will go on (recorder cover) - matt mulholland (4:16)
14. i put a spell on you - screamin’ jay hawkins (2:26)
15. the phantom of the opera - kanako murakami 2014-15 FS (4:12)
16. moondance - michael buble (4:12)
17. romeo & juliet/the nutcracker remix - denis ten 2016-17 SP (2:56)
18. sexbomb - tom jones (3:32)
19. i believe i can fly/what is love - moris kvitelashvili 2015-17 SP (3:01)
20. iphone ringtone (MetroGnome remix) - mark webster 2016-17 SP (3:19)
21. #jotem - lara fabian (4:22)
22. oh my god i hate this event - scott moir, 2012 WTT (0:04)
So I was thinking about all the different ways music could be used in spell writing.. and coming up with meaningful correspondences is fun but what if it was something more formulaic? Like something along the lines of sigil making.
A spell could be as simple as a motif. It doesn’t have to be a full piece with complicated details. It could be just a few notes you would hum to yourself because they have meaning to you and they resonate a certain energy with you.
One idea I have is corresponding pitches to the letters of the alphabet.
There are 12 pitches in an octave, so the letters would be divided into 12 groups. For example,
(0) A, M, Y
(1) B, N, Z
(2) C, O
(3) D, P
(4) E, Q
(5) F, R
(6) G, S
(7) H, T
(8) I, U
(9) J, V
(10/t) K, W
(11/e) L, X
or if you would like to stick to a specific scale (let’s use an arbitrary major scale for this example),
(Do) A, H, O, V
(Re) B, I, P, W
(Mi) C, J, Q, X
(Fa) D, K, R, Y
(Sol) E, L, S, Z
(La) F, M, T
(Ti) G, N, U
For these examples I grouped the letters by having the letters follow the notes alphabetically, and then repeat notes when they ran out. But there are many other ways you could group them, for example, you could divide the alphabet by 12 pitches, and have the first 3 letters be pitch 0, the next 3 pitch 1, etc.
So for the actual spell!
This would be similar to sigils in the sense that you can write a sentence, respresenting your intent, and then using the formula, turn those into pitches!
For example, the phrase “I am safe” would be “8 0 0 6 0 5 4” using the first method, or “Re Do La Sol Do La Sol” using the second.
One you have the pitches you can be creative, by adding rhythms (maybe build phrases based on word or sentence lengths?), harmonies, articulation (maybe accents on capital letters?), etc.
I hope this gives peoples some ideas!
(Also if it’s just for small motifs like this, I am willing to do spell requests! And I can have them played or sung in whatever instrument you like!)
A - age: 21 B - biggest fear: being a failure i guess C - current time: 17:03 D - drink you last had: minty tea E - every day starts with: my mother making noize F - favorite song: geez i can’t choose just one G - ghosts, are they real? nope. would be fun if they were though H - hometown: minsk I - in love with: rock’n’roll J - jealous of: people with jobs haha :( K - killed someone: no… why would i do that? no. L - last time you cried: can’t remember M - middle name: i don’t have one N - number of siblings: 0 O - one wish: people stop being ignorant assholes P - person you last called/texted: @mothonsomemoon Q - question you’re always asked: why so quiet R - reason to smile: nice weather, clean sheets, tasty food S - song last sang: dystopia by megadeth T - time you woke up: 9:50 am U - underwear color: no underwear V - vacation destination: the dead sea W - worst habit: not washing my hair for a long time X - x-rays you’ve had: teeth, vertebrae Y - your favorite foods: everything italian, fruits, potatoes in all shapes Z - zodiac sign: cancer
my dad and i stopped by the bowling alley today to see how much a birthday party for my sister would cost, and i love this mural. i love the aesthetic of bowling alleys but i especially love how much it implies a desolate, futuristic space with glass floors and nothing in sight but translucent bowling balls and pins and time does not exist. take me to Desolate Future Bowling Wasteland.
you are a church of broken glass&hallelujahs . you are h a u n t e d like e v e r y o t h e r h o l y t h i n g . what tried to D E S T R O Y you did not have the strength . still you stand. S T U R D Y. & smelling of s m o k e .
selective & private e m o r i from t h e 1 0 0 . as told by m .
send me one of the following and i’ll write a little something from my character to yours inspired by the phrase
“Come on, we gotta go!” “We are so screwed.” “I know what it looks like, but there’s another explanation.” “I know this is hard… but we don’t have time.” "This is home now.” “What’s wrong with a little chaos?” “You’re dead.” “Attacked…? By what?” “You have no proof.” “Who benefits most from my death?” "I have nothing to do with the attempt on your life… but I’m not surprised that it happened.” “You’re too weak to do now what has to be done.” “You’re making friends fast…” "I’m not going anywhere.” “It’s not an adventure, it’s a suicide mission.” “You could have been killed.” “I hear you have a gun.” "I don’t need a babysitter.” “I’m gonna make your life a living hell.” “That’s a lie, and you know it.” “Hey! I saw that – you cheated!” "You’re too hot to be my brother’s bitch.” “Maybe one of these days you’ll realize you can’t control me.” “Wanna keep it down…? I’m trying to concentrate.” “Brave princess…” "Better late than never.” “Your secret’s safe with me.” “He may not be my real brother – but he’s always been there.” “You’re not gonna cry, are you?” “Go on… I’ll be fine.” "You have someone who would do anything for you… I envy that.” “Go on – this should be good, my delinquent psychiatrist.” “Great, what’s falling apart now?” “Hello, beautiful.” “Hey… where are you going?” "We’ve got nothing but time.” “Hey, how do we know this is the right way?” “See? You’re invisible.” “We didn’t ask for this…” “The truth is, I don’t know if he’s alive or dead.” “Did someone call for a mechanic?” "I don’t get it… why are you telling me this?” “Can you do it or not?” “I’m going with you.” "Who’s hungry!?” “He’s stable for now, but… without medicine…” “I’m not doing it.” “I thought there were no rules?” "Come on… we’re on first watch.” “I won’t be disobeyed.”